St. Louis Browns Logo Concept

BigRed618

This is basically a modernized version of Brownie the Elf, based on a drawing I made myself. The old Brownie is on the left, and my version is on the right.

slb3.png

Depending on how well this is recieved, I may do unis to go with this. Let me know what you think/where I can improve. I know I need to clean it up in some places. I plan to do that later.

This looks more like an illustration from a kids book than a mascot. This may be misplaced criticism if you are showing a rough sketch that will be altered as a finished product. And although the "called shot" stance looks good for a logo and is iconic, it seems odd for a mascot to use a pose that is closely identified with another team.

The idea seems like it has legs but you may want to come up with a different pose.

Hmmmm, a team named "Browns" w/o any brown in the color scheme...

I used the same colors used on the official logos found on this site, particularly the fleur-d'awesome. I guess I could brighten them a little so they look more orange and brown than red and black.

For what is worth, I like the logo. Feels very vintage to me. This would not be out of place for a logo's in the 1910's.

I'm thinking the same thing. I really like the concept of the logo, but it needs to be brought into the 21st century.

I have to agree with the others. It's a fantastic logo for a vintage team. In fact, if I didn't know better, you could convince me that it was a real logo for them at one time. Nice job on that. However, if you wanted to modernize it, you could smooth out the lines and add more consistency in detail(like the spikes on the cleats).

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Aren't the Browns now the Baltimore Orioles? (thank you Google Chrome spellcheck)

And your point is....?

The Browns were purchased from Bill Veeck in 1953 by a Baltimore investor group, and the team became the Orioles the season after that. I was wondering if you're thinking of a possible expansion group?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

I like the design as a rough starting point. It can definitely be reworked into a design similar to San Diego's "swinging padre" or Milwaukee's "barrel man" logo. The main tweak that stands out to me is the curved bat handle. It needs some linear adjustment. The hands are a little awkward altogether.

looks more like the st. louis billikens logo to me.......

Can't really help that. The brownie and the billiken seem to share a common ancestry with the fey-folk, but I'm no expert on magical lifeforms...

UPDATE: I fixed up the bat and the hands a little, and recolored everything I forgot to recolor. Hopefully I got it right this time:

slb3.png

...and hopefully I can get some unis started soon. I'm already getting some good ideas, but any suggestions are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: I now have uniforms, almost...

slbhome.png

A couple things I want feedback on: What do you think of the unis so far, and which logo should I use as a sleeve patch? There's the Brownie I made, or the shield logo on the right. I modified it so it has 15 stars for each AL team. This whole thing is just a what-if concept of what the Browns would look like if they never left the Gateway City. Thanks in advance for your input! :)

This looks more like an illustration from a kids book than a mascot. This may be misplaced criticism if you are showing a rough sketch that will be altered as a finished product. And although the "called shot" stance looks good for a logo and is iconic, it seems odd for a mascot to use a pose that is closely identified with another team.

The idea seems like it has legs but you may want to come up with a different pose.

I'm sure Babe Ruth isn't the only player to ever call his shot, and I think he pointed with his finger, didn't he?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived