My Very First Logo Challenge!

gongshow4

Hello everyone, i've been a viewer of these fourms for a few months now and enjoy everyones work. I'm interested in seeing if anyone is up to my challenge. Pick a player and make a brand for that player. Something like a trademark if the player has merchandise or something of that nature. I'm going to be starting my Ricky Williams trademark/brand when i get out of work in a few hours...

ICS, it's a tad strong, but I agree. I love to see the great enthusiasm that they have, but may I suggest that newbies establish themselves as a regular poster here. I don't mean make a whole bunch of meaningles topics that you post and post and post till you hit 1000. I had to establish myself, but I only did 300 posts in a year.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Well said,Braden.While I think the idea you came up with for a challenge is excellent I do think there should be some sort of established membership before issueing such challenge.Although I've only been a *member* here since after my

accident in March,I was a member way back on the old EZ Boards site and one of the originals on the Fanhome forums before finally coming aboard here.THAT being said I waited til my post # reached 100 before I issued my challenge and all of my posts were either concepts or critiques of such,not 'filler' posts to get my count high.Either way I think your idea is great but perhaps there should be a precent set.That being said myself,ICS,and Braden may wind-up being the only ones of this belief.

98Falcons.png

ok, I think things should be established as to whom can issue a challenge

such as the potential starter of the challenge must have a minimum post count, and also must be established as a concept contributer

I concur/agree! ^_^

gongshow, it sounds like you've got a good idea. Instead of starting a challenge, how about showing us the Ricky Williams brand first, and maybe making other brands later as a personal project that others can join if they want? :welcome:

Pissy? I'm seldom pissy here. ^_^ Sorry to make it seem that way though.

Just establish yourself here, that's all I'm asking. Post a little more so we can get to know you. It may take a little while, but be patient. This is a community with person-to-person relationships that need time to build.

I honestly love the challenge idea, and I would enter it, but you're new to the community and it was bad timing with the Logolympiad going on right now.

:welcome:

Pissy? I'm seldom pissy here. ^_^ Sorry to make it seem that way though.

Just establish yourself here, that's all I'm asking. Post a little more so we can get to know you. It may take a little while, but be patient. This is a community with person-to-person relationships that need time to build.

I honestly love the challenge idea, and I would enter it, but you're new to the community and it was bad timing with the Logolympiad going on right now.

:welcome:

Well explained Braden. It's nothing against you, gongshow, but for the reasons Braden explained, it might be a better idea to wait before posting a contest/challenge.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I dont remember seeing anything regarding this in the acceptable use policy of this board...oh well. If you don't want to participate don't it was just something fun and now your discouraging others that may have wanted to. Kill this thread.

Hold up here man... I was trying to be nice here.

Imaging joining a church, and the first time you're there you want to run everything. It just ain't right, man. Screw the rules and policies, it's just not moral.

In no way is this discouraging. Sure, what ICS said may have been, but he's just a big grump :P I love newbies, and encourage all lurkers to post even if they're not confident in their designs. But please, post with an understanding that nobody knows you, and youneed to build respect and credibility. It's not as hard as it sounds. As I said before BE PATIENT.

Don't close this topic. I think this needs to be discussed by everyone, cause I think everyone should post what they think on this.

IMO, if you wanna issue a challenge, DO IT. Who cares if you are a 'newbie'. If you dont wanna do the challenge, DON'T DO IT. I'm sure there are a few people out there who would try their hand at this. Why does it matter who issues the challenge, as long as the challenge is good.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Hmm, I think I issued a challenge after 100 posts--I have posted concepts, but irregularily--i do agree that a person shouls establish themselves here first before issuing a challenge--as for Shark's requirement about posting concepts--well that would require definition...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived