Help on Islanders Jersey Color Disparity

Legend

I was hoping you guys could help me.

I was going through my jersey collection, and was looking at my Isles Fisherman jersey when I noticed something I guess I never saw before.

It seems that the color orange on the stripes, is much more vibrant than the color of the patches. Being detail oriented about my jerseys, I don't know how I never noticed this when I bought it. I bought it used some time ago, maybe I never noticed or didn't care at the time?

But now it's bothering me. I seem to recall I had seen others in similar condition, where the shoulder and main patch logos orange was more muted or faded. But now I'm questioning myself.

Here are some pics, what do you guys think? Is this something that could have been common, it's a Starter brand for what it's worth. Or is it a result of alot of washing and being old. I have both the home and away from the following year for the Isles, without the Fisherman logo, and all the patches oranges match up.

Thanks for your help.

101_2696.jpg

101_2695.jpg

101_2699.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

I have the same Islanders jersey, just with the current Isles logo on it(the one they wore after they got rid of the fisherman logo) and yeah, they colour difference is the same.

Thanks, it's weird, I have that same jersey and it doesn't have any difference so that's why I was wondering.

it's a Starter brand for what it's worth

there's your answer, fishbulb

Wow, that added alot to the discussion. Fishbulb, how cute. :rolleyes:

2ly2w09.jpg

it's a Starter brand for what it's worth

there's your answer, fishbulb

Starter Replica's were not known for their accuracy... or quality for that matter. I can see another error on that jersey in the silver being metallic. On the Authentic's they use a matte shade. As for the orange, it appears as if they were able to get the right shade on striping but not the crests.

i just sold one of those on ebay, and still have one (signed by ziggy palffy) in my closet.

the answer is starter. you have a starter replica, produced in all probability between the summer and late fall/early winter of '95. you saw a TON of these on long island, because when everyone ran out to get the new islanders jersey (and believe me, people did, especially kids begging their parents for the new, latest thing) this is what was available in the replica model.

the orange has inconsistencies, yes. if you can find a CCM replica, those are better. ultimately, though, the colors on the authentics matched perfectly.

sig2024.png

Thanks Brian and Morgo for actually helping out.

I have only 2 other Starters jerseys. The old thirds from Phoenix and Pittsburgh and never noticed them being off too much. I just included that figuring that could have been it, so I'm glad I included that seeing that you guys said that's part of it. Not much I can go, thanks for your guys help.

Gothamite, great job continuing bull :censored: and derailing the thread.

2ly2w09.jpg

Keep in mind, too, that although there may be one Pantone colour specified for the orange, how that colour looks from one medium to the next can change drastically. The thread colour and the fabric colour could vary quite a bit. ColorWerx has talked about this fairly extensively in the past.

Keep in mind, too, that although there may be one Pantone colour specified for the orange, how that colour looks from one medium to the next can change drastically. The thread colour and the fabric colour could vary quite a bit. ColorWerx has talked about this fairly extensively in the past.

That's true, I hadn't really thought of that. Thanks Glenn.

Just at first glance it seems more off than it probably actually is.

2ly2w09.jpg

Legend has to be the angriest guy in this community, right?

EDIT: So he doesn't bite my head off, is the difference as noticeable in person as it is on camera or does the lighting enhance the disparagey?

Archived