Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

The Oilers have their young stud defenseman...

Justin Schultz is going to Edmonton.

1) Suck it, Burke.

2) :censored: you, Bob Murray

"Suck it, Burke"? He signed in Edmonton.

Be mad at Schultz, Murray couldn't do anything about it. Hopefully he can prove Tambellini tampered, and we can get Edmonton's 1st overall pick next year.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oilers have their young stud defenseman...

Justin Schultz is going to Edmonton.

1) Suck it, Burke.

2) :censored: you, Bob Murray

"Suck it, Burke"? He signed in Edmonton.

Be mad at Schultz, Murray couldn't do anything about it. Hopefully he can prove Tambellini tampered, and we can get Edmonton's 1st overall pick next year.

"Suck it, Burke" was in reference to the initial thought he was going to go to Toronto and that Burke really wanted to get his other top defensive prospect back from the Ducks.

I am mad at Schultz, but I also don't blame the kid. He had the choice of just going ahead with the Ducks or becoming an UFA and having free range to choose any of the 30 teams in the league. And as much as I live the Ducks, even I would take the option of having free reign to choose a team.

But Murray has also had two years to sign this kid and didn't. Had he resigned Beauchemin way back when, Gardiner would still be a Duck too and Schultz probably would have stayed to play with his college D partner. Beauchemin/Fowler/Sbisa/Gardiner/Schultz. Drool. Ugh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Flames continue to be the most baffling franchise in the NHL by resigning Cory Sarich to a 2-year deal, I fully expect Olli Jokinen to sign on, or before July 1st.

I hope not, but what's the deal with not really changing much.

Reminds me of that definition of insanity.

Well I'm expecting about the same from them next season if there aren't some bigger changes...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Flames continue to be the most baffling franchise in the NHL by resigning Cory Sarich to a 2-year deal, I fully expect Olli Jokinen to sign on, or before July 1st.

Well I'm expecting about the same from them next season if there aren't some bigger changes...

Well one thing if you've been listening to the radio or read Eric Francis (I know) Olli will test the market, and I can be sure that Jets will be among his top suitors. Still a solid player, IF you don't expect him to play on your top line.

Lets go down the list of resignees so far.

Qualified - Backlund, Aliu, Irving, Byron, Jones (signed)

Re-signed - Sarich :censored:, Comeau (Beauty), Stempniak (Alright), Jones (HELL YES)

Letting go - Jokinen, Moss =(, Hannan, Kostopoulos

Now we have $23,216,666 committed to defenseman. Holy :censored:!

Roughly 9 Million to play with tomorrow, should be interesting. Feaster wants still add a top 6 forward, and if we can trade somebody tomorrow I.E. Stajan, Babchuk (Idiot contracts) to a team that needs to reach the salary floor or whatever it's called, we're in business!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I totally forgot free agency's kicking off. I've found a good reason to stave off going to bed until tomorrow afternoon then!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well one thing if you've been listening to the radio or read Eric Francis (I know) Olli will test the market, and I can be sure that Jets will be among his top suitors. Still a solid player, IF you don't expect him to play on your top line.

Lets go down the list of resignees so far.

Qualified - Backlund, Aliu, Irving, Byron, Jones (signed)

Re-signed - Sarich :censored:, Comeau (Beauty), Stempniak (Alright), Jones (HELL YES)

Letting go - Jokinen, Moss =(, Hannan, Kostopoulos

Now we have $23,216,666 committed to defenseman. Holy :censored:!

Roughly 9 Million to play with tomorrow, should be interesting. Feaster wants still add a top 6 forward, and if we can trade somebody tomorrow I.E. Stajan, Babchuk (Idiot contracts) to a team that needs to reach the salary floor or whatever it's called, we're in business!

I'm not holding my breath.

I'm quite disappointed with their off season so far.

With an exception or two.

It's tough being optimistic anymore until they make more sweeping changes, not tweaks.

Hopefully they give some of the young guys a fair shake.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

#PariseWatch

#OrSuter

#EvenSemin

#JustGetSidAWingerDammit

They probably could've if it wasn't for that contract he just signed. Doesn't he get enough in endorsements that he could take a nice discount. Like is $6million a year really that bad? This goes for all players too not just Sid.

untitled-6.jpg

#PariseWatch

#OrSuter

#EvenSemin

#JustGetSidAWingerDammit

They probably could've if it wasn't for that contract he just signed. Doesn't he get enough in endorsements that he could take a nice discount. Like is $6million a year really that bad? This goes for all players too not just Sid.

That's about a 30 million dollar discount.... that 2.7 adds up.

The Penguins don't really need any more top 6 guys anyways. They lead the league in goals per game, and that's with Crosby only playing about a quater of the season. They're already loaded, they should use whatever cap space they have on the blue line.

Archived