NHL Jersey SWAP

djones3333

Earlier today, I came up with the idea of the jersey swap. I included all 30 NHL teams and randomly sorted them into pairs. The pairs came out looking like this:

Bruins Sabres

Senators Flyers

Sharks Leafs

Penguins Jets

Stars Blackhawks

Canadiens Panthers

Lightning Kings

Avalanche Islanders

Wild Ducks

Rangers Flames

Blue Jackets Blues

Hurricanes Devils

Capitals Predators

Oilers Red Wings

Canucks Coyotes

What I am going to do is take the home uniforms from each pair and swap them. Then, of course, I will change the logos, colors, etc. Also, I will be the first to admit that some of them may look strange or even ugly.

First pair: Buffalo Sabres --- Boston Bruins

buffalo-boston.png

Senators and Flyers next!

This is a cool idea for a series. I think Oil-Wings and Wild-Ducks will look interesting. Buffalo looks great and Boston looks terrible (just shows truly how awful the Sabres template is...yuck).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In each set there is a hit and a big miss. For Phi-Ott it's the Sens and Flyers, respectively; for Tor-SJ, it's the Sharks and the Leafs, respectively (though SJ's front logo could be a bit bigger).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Pair 4: Pittsburgh Penguins --- Winnipeg Jets

My take: I'm not a huge fan of either of these. The Pens one has an odd look to it. However, I think the Jets looks so-so, not too bad or not too good. The logo on the Jets set was sort of an experiment, I guess you could say. Tell me what you think about that logo.

pittsburgh-winnipeg-1.png

Pair 5: Dallas Stars --- Chicago Blackhawks

My take: Neither of these seem any good to me. If I had to choose one that was best I would go with the Stars set.

dallas-chicago.png

Next up: Canadiens and Panthers.

I thought you would have put the Stars' logo back on the front of theirs and done the collegiate wordmark-plus-number on the front of the Hawks' set.

Pair 5: Dallas Stars --- Chicago Blackhawks

My take: Neither of these seem any good to me. If I had to choose one that was best I would go with the Stars set.

dallas-chicago.png

Next up: Canadiens and Panthers.

I thought you would have put the Stars' logo back on the front of theirs and done the collegiate wordmark-plus-number on the front of the Hawks' set.

Hmmmmm.....I didn't think of that? Ill try that out?

That's how I thought you would swicth them.

the ones you did are cool, but this way of switching would be cool too.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived