nhl powerhouses in 5-10 years

puckcool22

I wonder what the NHL power landscape will look like in 5-10 years. Here is who I think will be really good:

Canadiens: This team is not getting worse, when you get this much talent in such a hockey crazy market, the players want to keep performing.

Penguins: This team will be good, however only if the NHl gets a salary cap. This team has way a lot good hockey brains working in the organization, and this new generation of penguins will mold together. Once again, but with no salary cap and/or a new arena, the pens could be toast.

Thrashers: Once the team matures enough to play consistently they will be unbelieavble.

Panthers: Same story as thrashers, but they have LUONGO.

Lightning: This is their first year as a powerhouse and they will be at that status for a while.

Kings: A lot of talent, is always competitive but are always plagues by injury. Soon luck will shine their way, and their best players may actually be healthy for 70 games.

Oilers: Exciting to watch, young, hockey crazy market.

Teams that may end up on the bottom for a while:

Dallas, Rangers, Islanders, Blues

signature.gif

I like Atlanata's future. Heatley and Kovalchuk are the obvious but I think the biggest impact will be Kari Lehtonen. I saw him play once this year in the AHL and he was outstanding. Think they lack a defensman? Their first rounder last year Braydon Coburn is a workhorse type, played world juniors i believe.

I wonder what the NHL power landscape will look like in 5-10 years. Here is who I think will be really good:

Canadiens: This team is not getting worse, when you get this much talent in such a hockey crazy market, the players want to keep performing.

As a loyal Habs fan, I'm hoping they'll be improving in the next set of years, provided they can hold onto their players. Theodore can play consistent enough to steady them in net, Riberio and Ryder and going to be great players, they are young, fast and talented and ready to make an impact. If Souray is able to repeat his performance this year, then they have a great foundation for the future.

I have to agree too with the Thrashers, they have alot of young talent, but right now it's jsut that, young. give them time to mature and they'll turn alot of heads

I think over the next 5-10 years they Devils will still be one of the top teams in the league. They build through the draft, so when they lose a player there is someone there to replace them. Next year Parise will be in the lineup. He should help stop their lack of scoring and get them back to where they were in 1999/2000-2000/2001, when they led the league in goals. They have young defensemen to replace the older ones. Paul Martin should be an All-Star in a year or two. Plus they will still have Brodeur in goal.

best teams: habs, blue jackets, penguins, panthers.

worst teams: leafs, avalanche, hurricanes

the stars won't be good by any means, but they'll still be contenders to make the playoffs. they have a lot of under-rated prospects, and they play in an unforgiving market that just won't accept long term failure.

Up: Florida, Montreal, Atlanta

Down: New Jersey, Colorado, Toronto

Florida is built solidly, Montreal has great youth, and Atlanta might have the best duo since Gretzky/Kurri.

New Jersey's gonna collapse once Brodeur leaves (5 yrs, probably), Colorado and Toronto are gonna get killed by salary reductions and age.

New Jersey's gonna collapse once Brodeur leaves (5 yrs, probably), Colorado and Toronto are gonna get killed by salary reductions and age.

Brodeur has at least another 7-8 years left. And unless something big changes in the front office, they Devils will have a goalie in waiting by they time he retires. Much like they have young defensemen, now that Stevens is probably going to retire.

The Kings have enough talent to be good now, they just have a lot of injury-prone players.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

all of the recent trades for veteran players that the avs and leafs have done is what will do them in...

they traded away all of their top notch prospects, as well as their draft picks... does toronto even HAVE a draft pick this year?

Brodeur has at least another 7-8 years left. And unless something big changes in the front office, they Devils will have a goalie in waiting by they time he retires. Much like they have young defensemen, now that Stevens is probably going to retire.

Don't get me wrong, the Devils have had quite a run. But you can look far and wide, and you won't find a goalie as good as Brodeur. And he is the reason the Devils can play as they can. Those rule changes might hurt 'em too, eh?

True. He is the reason they've won, and they won't get a goalie as good, but I think they will get a good goalie and still win. Will they be at the level have been, probably not but they won't be at the bottom of the league.

I hope that rule doesn't go into effect. I think it will do more harm that good to the league.

they already don't allow goalies to skate past teh blue line with the puck, and THAT actually makes sense. not allowing goalies to handle the puck behind their net...that doesn't make any sense. like the offsides rule currently does more harm than good.

that said, i'm inclined to agree with cole and habsfannova, the Avs' young talent pretty much consists of Sauve and then players wearing other sweaters. Forsberg's itching to find some excuse to go back to MoDo, Sakic, Foote, Blake and all the vets will eventually hang em up...basically, there was no tomorrow.

The Sens might still be good in a decade. the consensus is this, and only one truth prevails:

They need to get some balls...seriously.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Montreal, I hope they get better. I dont think Calgary will stay at the top for 5 or so years. I like the Thrashers and Flordia's future, with Keenan and thier new coach (braindead, forgot his name).

The Leafs will lose Sundin, Francis, Moginly and Roberts, key players, then its only Stajan.

Team by Team

Next 5 years

Devils-They have 1 more cup run in them possibly next year, then they will start to rebuild as Stevens retires.

Rangers-Will not make the playoffs in next 5 years as they wll finish the decade without a playoff appearence, Glen Sather will still be the GM as the retarded Garden ownership is cluesless. The Rangers wil be looking to rebuild again as they trade off Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Mike Madano, Jarome Iginla and Daniel Alfredson whom they acquired in recent years with the hopes of getting back to the playoffs, meanwhile the players they traded away to get them are all finalist for the Hart Trophy. As fans or whats left of them call for his head Glen Sather is given a lifetime contract too.

Islanders-Will be the Timberwolves before this year of the NHL, losing in the first round every year.

Flyers- Will be starting to rebuild with youth after hittng rock boittom a season earlier.

Penguins- Will be elsehwere maybe Winnipeg and will be good if they can get a home and stable ownership.

Bruins- Will have won a Cup and will be among the leagues elite

Sabres- Middle of the pack with the potential to make noise butr never quite getting there.

Canadiens-Will become the Maple Leafs in that they just cant get over the hump despite being a strong team every year.

Senators-Will be barley hanging on regret their missed oppertunities in the early part of the decade.

Maple Leafs- Must win a cup in next few years otherwise they will neeed to start over.

Thrashers-Will be a team to recon with with Heatly and Kovalchuk, should be among the top cup contenders with a proven winner as their coach.

Hurricanes-Will be drifting on a baren sea with no fans and no stars as they are the worst team in the league and may be ready to move from Carolina where they should have never moved.

Panthers-Will be just getting back on track after the mistake of hiring GM Mike Keenan who wil ruin everything Rick Dudley built.

Lightning-Will regret not winning the cup in 2004 if they dont rally from this 2-1 hole, as they will look back as this seaosn being their best chance, They will be good, but not as good as they will be a team that will be 2nd round and out every year.

Capitals-Will be just truning the corner as their prospects begin to form a solid nucleus.

Blackhawks-Will be mediocre at best making the playoffs here and tehre but without any constinacy or any true plan.

Blue Jackets-Will be a powerhouse in the West as Nash turns into a true star leading the Jackets to the NHL's elite

Red Wings- is going to be terrible in a few years they are an old team packed of Hall of Famers now, but when the retire they will suffer for several years.

Predators-Fans in Nashville still wont know what hockey is and the Preds will barley make the playoffs each year maybe winning one or two series.

Blues-After 30 years of fruitless playoff appearances the Blue will miss the playoffs for the first time in 2009.

Flames-This will be teh Flames best chance to win the cup like the Lightning as within a few years tehy will be forced to part with Iginla due to lack of revenues.

Avalanche-WIll be starting the road back after finishing in last place as the rebuilding process is in full effect.

Oilers-Will make a run at the cup like the Flames did thsi year but will fall in the Conference Finals and settle back to the middle of teh pack.

Wild-Will be the Devils of the West with a tight checking game that could become a real threat to make a playoff run each year.

Canucks-Will win atleast 1 cup making Vancouver and Canada proud, and will be the class of the West.

Mighty Ducks-Will not make the playoffs as JS Giguere becomes forgotton and the Ducks look to leave Anaheim due to lack of fan intrest.

Stars-The Stars are finished they are going to be terrible and will be looking at along rebuilding effort ahead of them, as tehy regret losing Bob Gainey as tehur GM and Ken Hitchcock as their coach.

Kings-Will be a solid team but will become like the Senators and wont get over the hump in the playoffs.

Sharks-With the addition of a goal scorer the Sharks will always be a threat to win the CUp and will possiblly win it once, as they are among the top teams in the West.

Coyotes-Will conbtinue to wallow in mediocirty making the playoffs every few years but losing in the first round.

This was fun I think Ill do one for the NBA when it gets to the finals.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Team by Team

Next 5 years

Devils-They have 1 more cup run in them possibly next year, then they will start to rebuild as Stevens retires.

I can see that, but I can't see them taking too long on their rebuilding phase though.

Rangers-Will not make the playoffs in next 5 years as they wll finish the decade without a playoff appearence, Glen Sather will still be the GM as the retarded Garden ownership is cluesless. The Rangers wil be looking to rebuild again as they trade off Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Mike Madano, Jarome Iginla and Daniel Alfredson whom they acquired in recent years with the hopes of getting back to the playoffs, meanwhile the players they traded away to get them are all finalist for the Hart Trophy. As fans or whats left of them call for his head Glen Sather is given a lifetime contract too.

Have you been paying attention for the past three months? I think Sather is done with this "Let's Buy Everything!" phase and has decided to try and rebuild around Jagr. I can't see Messier leaving though.

Senators-Will be barley hanging on regret their missed oppertunities in the early part of the decade.

The Senators core group are still actually young. Now that they have competent ownership, they can afford to keep them.

Maple Leafs- Must win a cup in next few years otherwise they will neeed to start over.

Doesn't this apply to every team?

Panthers-Will be just getting back on track after the mistake of hiring GM Mike Keenan who wil ruin everything Rick Dudley built.

But what about what Jacques Martin brings to the table?

Lightning-Will regret not winning the cup in 2004 if they dont rally from this 2-1 hole, as they will look back as this seaosn being their best chance, They will be good, but not as good as they will be a team that will be 2nd round and out every year.

While I can't imagine Andreychuk staying around much longer, the rest of their core is young, fast and talented. Like a fine wine, they can get better with age. This year is just a shred of their potential. One can only hope that their fan support is as great as it has been lately so they can afford to keep them.

Red Wings- is going to be terrible in a few years they are an old team packed of Hall of Famers now, but when the retire they will suffer for several years.

Unless they all retire at the same time, (Now would actually be the best time), I can't see them wallowing in mediocrity for too long. With Datsyuk and Zetterberg as the rallying force, they may return to greatness.

Flames-This will be teh Flames best chance to win the cup like the Lightning as within a few years tehy will be forced to part with Iginla due to lack of revenues.

I have a feeling, if the Flames do win it all this year, that Iginla will be tempted to just stick around for the respect and not so much for the money, sort of like Yzerman and Sakic.

Wild-Will be the Devils of the West with a tight checking game that could become a real threat to make a playoff run each year.

:puke:

Mighty Ducks-Will not make the playoffs as JS Giguere becomes forgotton and the Ducks look to leave Anaheim due to lack of fan intrest.

I'd wait to see what they do in this off-season before jumping to such hasty conclusions. They only missed the playoffs within the last two weeks of the season, but did manage to show flashes of briliance in a few of those games afterwards. If they can get a better defence and actually have their two best defensemen play for a whole season. I'd have no problems at all. Maybe Giguere is just having a Jose Theodore-type sophomore jinx. Can't wait for that George Davis though!

Kings-Will be a solid team but will become like the Senators and wont get over the hump in the playoffs.

I find their primary problem is the fact that they have too many injuries. If they could managed to not start half a lineup, they could have been a contender. Let's see what happens next year.

Sharks-With the addition of a goal scorer the Sharks will always be a threat to win the CUp and will possiblly win it once, as they are among the top teams in the West.

I think the same thing can be said here as with the Lightning. While Damphousse's time is limited, if they can hold on to this group, they're destined to go far.

Coyotes-Will conbtinue to wallow in mediocirty making the playoffs every few years but losing in the first round.

Have you seen the talent they managed to pick up over the past year? Add in Gretzky working in the shadows and you'll have a powerhouse in a few years.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

they already don't allow goalies to skate past teh blue line with the puck, and THAT actually makes sense. not allowing goalies to handle the puck behind their net...that doesn't make any sense. like the offsides rule currently does more harm than good.

that said, i'm inclined to agree with cole and habsfannova, the Avs' young talent pretty much consists of Sauve and then players wearing other sweaters. Forsberg's itching to find some excuse to go back to MoDo, Sakic, Foote, Blake and all the vets will eventually hang em up...basically, there was no tomorrow.

The Sens might still be good in a decade. the consensus is this, and only one truth prevails:

Agreed.

PS. No offense man, and it's well drawn, but that parrot is really creepy for some reason.... :blink:

they already don't allow goalies to skate past teh blue line with the puck, and THAT actually makes sense.  not allowing goalies to handle the puck behind their net...that doesn't make any sense.  like the offsides rule currently does more harm than good.

that said, i'm inclined to agree with cole and habsfannova, the Avs' young talent pretty much consists of Sauve and then players wearing other sweaters.  Forsberg's itching to find some excuse to go back to MoDo, Sakic, Foote, Blake and all the vets will eventually hang em up...basically, there was no tomorrow. 

The Sens might still be good in a decade.  the consensus is this, and only one truth prevails:

Agreed.

PS. No offense man, and it's well drawn, but that parrot is really creepy for some reason.... :blink:

Yeah, Its a crack parrot.

Not to sound like the old man I'm not, but judging a team in five years with free agency as it is today is impossible... especially if a salary cap gets implemented (I can only hope).

Think of your favourite team... how many players are there from 5 years ago? Maybe half?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived