brandIDENTITY: Bearbones Basic

tBBP

For a long while now, I?ve wondered if there might be some possible solution for a Chicago Bears update without really changing the ?spirit? of the uniform much. Let?s be real: it?s kinda hard to improve upon arguably the single best uniform set the modern-era NFL (read: post-merger) has seen. That said, I?ve also pondered, as I?m sure several others have, what the Bears would look like if they somehow pulled cues from those uniforms upon which those throwback alternates were based. So that?s basically what I did here?took the Bears? uniforms and stripped them down even more?right to the bare (Bear?) essentials.

What you?ll see is the one-color element followed throughout. Save for the braisher stripes on the pants, not one element of this set is stroked in any way, not even the helmet logo. I figured it to be a good look for a team as old and laden in tradition as this one?that said, I also see it as the only way the Bears would ever be able to get away with any kind of update to ?freshen up? their look. The wishbone ?C?, in my mind, is good enough to stand on its own on the helmet, so it does here. (Speaking of, I also threw in a placeholder script mark in place of the current?it's nothing special, though.) As for the stripes, they follow the same triple pattern as current?but they?re all orange, home and away, with single-color white numbers/NOB on navy and navy on white. I feel that utilizing the orange in this way really helps enhance and, in a way, liven up the entire look, but without losing the essential essence of what we?ve always known the Bears to look like.

Here?s the visual?

chiBEARS_stylebook1.png

chiBEARS_stylebook2.png

How's this sit with y'all?

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Buc-Fighter,

More great work from you. I thik the removal of the strokes, especially on the helmet, is a nice touch. Very classy.

There's just one problem: those SHOES!!! Gradient blue and orange just doesn't mesh with the rest of the set. Like you did with the rest of the uniform, less may be more.

Grunge-Logos.png

That was more a function of the template?but, I do agree with you on that one.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh that's nice. A beautiful, classic uniform made better? You've done it. Great touch-ups. Another success, Buc.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That is a very clean concept right there. I love the simplicity of it.

Seconded! Love the clean, simple look of it.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like it a lot! One thing I don't understand is how I've heard people complain about Auburn's pants and jersey stripes not matching but I've never heard anyone say that about Chicago. Their pants are pretty much identical to Auburn's. I'm not saying pants stripes always have to match jersey & helmet stripes because I wouldn't change either team's stripes. I just wonder why you hear it about Auburn but not Chicago.

I like it a lot! One thing I don't understand is how I've heard people complain about Auburn's pants and jersey stripes not matching but I've never heard anyone say that about Chicago. Their pants are pretty much identical to Auburn's. I'm not saying pants stripes always have to match jersey & helmet stripes because I wouldn't change either team's stripes. I just wonder why you hear it about Auburn but not Chicago.

Auburns stripes work together a bit differently, and that's why people complain. Just because the Tigers and Bears have the same pants doesn't mean the uniforms are the same because the different elements work together in different ways.

As for the concept, you read my mind, B. I've long thought this would be a great way to do the Bears. Not necessarily better, but definitely different and as good as their real look in my opinion. The Bears have a great uniform, and you can tell because it works whether you dress it up, as they do, or dress it down as you've done. Give me black shoes, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love the simplicity, which is surprising for me because their set is already very reserved. The color balance is great, and this is one of the teams that can get away with identification by color/striping so easily. My only suggestion would be to make the pants stripes match the jersey stripes by using two orange stripes on the pants (with white separating them on the white pants and blue on the blue pants.)

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived