"Out There" Concepts

Frenchie

In his feedback to my Quebec shirts in the States/Povincial thread, SyPhi defined my concept as "out there".

I take it as a compliment (how else???) as I have been trying to come up with original trims, as opposed to being inspired by "classic" striping, or mix and matching patterns that exist today.

I'm also a big proponent of the "wacky" Alternates.

If you're to carry a 3rd jersey, don't give me none of that Toronto Maple Leafs vintage or Panthers permute the colours one more time... BE ORIGINAL, go for a Baby Poop coloured Squared neck Preds, Winnie the Pooh Bruins or Two Different sleeves Trashers...

Keeping in line with this philosophy, here are two uniforms I designed for my Fantasy League GCFHL2.

Vancouver Muscle:

The team's name speaks for itself.

The Home and away shirts are classic Slap SHot's Chiefs with the logo (Muscle Tick sandwiched by M & V as pictured in the shoulder patch) full stomach.

I figured if you're called the Muscle, you better look it.

Bear in mind that this was created SOLELY in MS Paint, talk about needing LAYERS.

AlternatevancouverMuscle2.jpg

Montreal Maudits

My friend who was awarded an "abandoned" team halfway through the draft is just a huge fan of Montreal and its bar life. When he was studying there, he fell in love with a strong beer from a Micro Brewery (who just got bought by Sleeman's Ontario's #3 brewery) called "La Maudite" Unibroue's Maudite

Originally, we used one of the classiest monotone shirt you can find: Chicago Black Hawks' Mid-1920s black and white with teh logo on the chest. The logo is simply the Beer's label with the name changed.

Next season, the Maudits plan to introduce a new set of jersesy, teh Home and Away using the Minnesota Wild's Alternate's template in Orange and Brown colours.

This time, the Alternate will have a purpose: it will pay tribute French Candian FOlk Culture by using that classic painting of an even more classic legend: La Chasse-Galerie.

Maudits_ALT_1.GIF

Maudits2004.jpg

GCFHL2's Inaugural All-Star Game Entry

Our LEague is divided in 4 regional divisions grouped in 2 Conferences named after two of the greatest Hockey personalities to depart this world recently. Herb Brooks and Roger Nielson are two national heroes who gave more to The Game then anyone else will.

The purpose of these unis was to pay an hommage to them. The templates used were those of two teams that represent their own countries: Toronto and Washington, switching the colours was more tongue and cheek.

The end result did NOT win me to host the all-star game. The voters were not ready for this "out of the box" creativity. The poor rendering did not help.

AllStarShirts1.jpg

ANd Finally, the Raleigh Redneck Riflers (RRR)

This one is pure Parody, with a name like the Rednecks (and an owner acting like one) I thought we'd tastefully tap into the rRedneck culture by introducing a shirt with sleeves depicting the all famous "Buffalo Plaid" Hunting shirts.

Interestingly, the owner has yet to submit this 6-month old concept to the league. Note that this came with a full set of Home and Away and a Tribute" shirt as well.

RRRAlternate3.GIF

RRR.GIF

Alright, that's enough concepts posting in one message.

Knock yourselves out critiquing I like to hear it, I'm not concerned about the "quality" of the work, we're talking concepts here...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

You're putting pictures and artwork on jerseys... maybe not the best idea... but damn creative I'll give you that.

I admire your guts. I would have never tried that.

Good point!

Let me clarify: although it may appear that my limited proficiency with the "tools" rendered the pictures over-pixelized, it was intended that way.

So, YES tehy are pictures, but they're INTENTIONALLY taken down to 16 shades of greys...

Does that make sense?

The Canoe one is a painting, and the original is fabulous (it's o.k. to use the word Fabulous here, right?)

@Frenchie_TO

plaid on a jersey? someone get me some bagpipes, I've got the urg to go highland

i've actually been thinking about doing that. haven't gotten around to it though

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

plaid on a jersey? someone get me some bagpipes, I've got the urg to go highland

i've actually been thinking about doing that. haven't gotten around to it though

Am I the only one that can play the bagpipes here? Or atleast I'm learning to play...got my practice chanter on eBay. :hockeysmiley:

These jerseys are certinaly unique if nothing else. I admire your fearlessness in creating the kind of stuff that other people would never dare to post here.

I like em. Give me more.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Am I the only one that can play the bagpipes here? Or atleast I'm learning to play...got my practice chanter on eBay. :hockeysmiley:

These jerseys are certinaly unique if nothing else. I admire your fearlessness in creating the kind of stuff that other people would never dare to post here.

I like em. Give me more.

Thanks,

Agin, this is the time and place to dare... You know they wouldn't SELL, so when I turn Pro, I'll sell-out, until then...

My Fantasy Hockey League is filled with bad, cheap rip-offs, the Commish wnats a new Original look, we may spend the summer re-designing a bunch. There's a few owners who can take a littl "spice"...

Stay tuned.

@Frenchie_TO

Agin, this is the time and place to dare... You know they wouldn't SELL, so when I turn Pro, I'll sell-out, until then...

i think some of the crazy plop each of us do, someone would buy. there's somebody out there who wants something that ain't the throwbacks and such :D

if we build it, and then pimp the hell out of the goods, they just might come :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived