Cleveland Indans 'gaffe' from Tuesday

02Rover

Tribe outfielder Aaron Cunningham was running the bases in the 8th inning wearing the block "C" helmet that the Indians wear on the road. The rest of the Tribe offense all night wore the Indians home helmets, with Chief Wahoo on them. I dont have any pics or footage, but I watched the game and saw it myself.

Anyone else have any footage or pics? What about other like instances...

The irony is not lost on the thread title.

Got 'em

But I actually think it looks alright. Sometimes I'm not a fan of double up on the hat and sleeve.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

The irony is not lost on the thread title.

Not really irony... irony would have been a Chiefe Wahoo gaffe.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The block "C" is growing on me. How is it being received in Cleveland? Are the fans embracing the simplicity of the block "C" and the gradual, transitioning away from Chief Wahoo or is the Chief still much beloved?

The block "C" is growing on me. How is it being received in Cleveland? Are the fans embracing the simplicity of the block "C" and the gradual, transitioning away from Chief Wahoo or is the Chief still much beloved?

Chief Wahoo is beloved. The block C is going over great. Its the primary hat you will see at The Jake. Personally, I always felt that a strong single (or double for multi-name cities) letter logo is critical for a baseball identity, especially for a team that has been around as long as the Indians. I'm not saying the C is an icon on the same level as the Yankees'/Mets' NY, the Red Sox's B, the Tigers' D, or even the Royals' KC, but I think its getting there. It's a simple style, with a little bit of character to it.

Chief Wahoo isn't going away. I'm fine with it being a sleeve logo and a hat logo. I get why people are sensitive over it, but at at some point it gets to be too much.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Chief Wahoo is beloved. The block C is going over great. Its the primary hat you will see at The Jake. Personally, I always felt that a strong single (or double for multi-name cities) letter logo is critical for a baseball identity, especially for a team that has been around as long as the Indians. I'm not saying the C is an icon on the same level as the Yankees'/Mets' NY, the Red Sox's B, the Tigers' D, or even the Royals' KC, but I think its getting there. It's a simple style, with a little bit of character to it.

Chief Wahoo isn't going away. I'm fine with it being a sleeve logo and a hat logo. I get why people are sensitive over it, but at at some point it gets to be too much.

Block C on the caps, and Wahoo on the sleeves (and maybe alt cap for nostalgia). As I have so eloquently shown in this previous "concept" I made.

IndiansUniforms_1a.gif

Archived