Chicago Cubs Concept

Anomalied

My favorite team is in a bad spot. I believe Epstein & Co. need to reinvent the whole franchise, including their uniforms. For my concept I decided to completely eliminate the red. It's the primary color of the Cubs' main division rival and there are no two-tone blue teams in the National League while there is an abundance of red/white/blue schemes. The round C logo is classic but it's boring. I replaced the hat logo with the bear face from the mid 90's (someone vector'd this for me on this board years ago). Let me know what you think...

H0t8z.jpg

Beautiful concept but I agree with lancealot. I don't ever see the Cubs moving away from the Red, White and Blue. I also prefer the C logo. I think this set would benefit from the removal of the entire cub on the sleeve and adding the 90's cub face in the circle then bringing back the C logo on the hats. I also can't see the Cubs moving away from pinstripes at home.

I'm somewhat undecided on this one...I like the hats, though I figure ultimately, the royal blue would have to be closer to what the Mavs and Magic wear, otherwise the two blues would tend to clash with each other. It'd still be royal blue, albeit much brighter than what you used.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i would like too see a copy of this with red instead of the light blue. besides this is fantastic. can i see a rays or bluie jays one if you are taking requests.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I love change, but this looks more like a minor league team than a major league team. However, I believe you design is beautiful.

Exactly what I thought... an Iowa Cubs version of this might actually look pretty cool, but I could never see the major league club using this.

Archived