Super Mario Bros hockey jersey

habsfan1

cool idea but i think you should make it more appropriate for mario. make his jersey look like overalls. gold coins as buttons.... it'd be magic.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

That's a fantastic jersey but DANG is that cluttered. I think it's the shoulders that do it. I don't know what exactly the contest wants, so don't get rid of that one just yet, but I think you should try something, an experiment if you will.

Instead of black, go with the sky blue of the early levels.

Instead of the mushroom shoulders, use white shoulders meant to look like the clouds from the game, complete with a set of eyes as the "shoulder patch"

Make sure the font matches the ones in the game. Any one, really, though the one from the World screens would probably work best.

I'd also combine that Mario sprite with one that has his other hand. It seems weird to have it missing, though I know it's technically correct.

If it doesn't work out, ditch it and go with what you have there.

The black looks really good, but with everything in there, the white dots on the shoulders, the blue collar, the rainbow laces (nice touch, btw), the stripes, etc, it's just too much. Especially for an 8-bit game. Simplify a bit, and it'll look a lot better.

Again, not sure if it falls within the contest, but it might be cool to make different ones representing different levels/worlds/themes.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That's a fantastic jersey but DANG is that cluttered. I think it's the shoulders that do it. I don't know what exactly the contest wants, so don't get rid of that one just yet, but I think you should try something, an experiment if you will.

Instead of the mushroom shoulders, use white shoulders meant to look like the clouds from the game, complete with a set of eyes as the "shoulder patch"

Make sure the font matches the ones in the game. Any one, really, though the one from the World screens would probably work best.

I'd also combine that Mario sprite with one that has his other hand. It seems weird to have it missing, though I know it's technically correct.

The black looks really good, but with everything in there, the white dots on the shoulders, the blue collar, the rainbow laces (nice touch, btw), the stripes, etc, it's just too much. Especially for an 8-bit game. Simplify a bit, and it'll look a lot better.

Again, not sure if it falls within the contest, but it might be cool to make different ones representing different levels/worlds/themes.

Thanks. Your insight is always appreciated.

I originally went with a red jersey with simple colourful stripes. But then it felt too unoriginal to me, as I was only recoloring the Bruins template with wacky colors. I wanted to be creative with this one. Keep in mind though that while I was designing it, I did not intend for this jersey to be something that people would not be embarrassed to wear in public! :P But yeah, maybe I should of used the opposite approach instead of going too outside the box...

Thanks. Your insight is always appreciated.

I originally went with a red jersey with simple colourful stripes. But then it felt too unoriginal to me, as I was only recoloring the Bruins template with wacky colors. I wanted to be creative with this one. Keep in mind though that while I was designing it, I did not intend for this jersey to be something that people would not be embarrassed to wear in public! :P But yeah, maybe I should of used the opposite approach instead of going too outside the box...

I don't think you're even that far outside the box, I just think it's too much going on. Seriously, ditch the white spots on the shoulders, it gets better, and ditch the shoulders entirely, and it looks like a typical jersey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

For the first time, pixelation in a uniform concept is good, ha. But this is really, really creative and really cool (the item block captain's patch with Mario jumping towards it and the rainbow drawstring on the collar are my favorite touches,) and while it does look a tad cluttered on paper, I feel like that wouldn't be the case of this design were used for an actual jersey.

Nice job.

25yzwqg.png

That's a cluster:censored: ... I know Mario has a lot of images to choose from, but u gotta pick 2 , one for the crest and one for the shoulders. My suggestion for shoulder logo would be mushroom as that's the most relatable. That or the star.

I agree the whole shoulder yoke has to go ...

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• 2 months later...

I think you're almost there. I'd either have the coins encircling the cuffs, or drop them completely. I know this would make it look a bit less like the game, but as it is, it's still a wee bit cluttered.

rATMcmK.png

• 4 weeks later...

Another concept. This time, based off Mario Bros 3...

Mariohockeyjersey2.png

Keep in mind that my Mario concepts were not designed with the intention of being NHL ready. These are more fun concepts, kind of like the concepts you saw on the Freak Out Fridays that the site Icethetics used to have.

Archived