TB Rays jersey ?s

hormone

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but since the Pirates have me at wit's end and I have relatives in Tampa, I figured I'd check out some Rays stuff.

Just a few quick questions...

Why do they not put the "ray" on the sleeve of the two alternate jerseys?

Does the home jersey actually have a white outline around the navy numbers? (If so, why not use light blue?)

Any changes in the works for them (I'm thinking of grabbing a jersey or two)?

As a quick bonus question, are these real? They look legit with fonts, etc. I see their jerseys are really high priced on the MLB shop (I bet because of the front logo and it having to be cut for the buttons)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Majestic-Authentic-EVAN-LONGORIA-Tampa-Bay-Rays-Jersey-48-52-/190672311929?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c64f49679

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carlos-Pena-Tampa-Bay-Rays-Authentic-Jersey-Size-48-/280866331879?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item4164f01ce7

Thanks so much

KISSwall09.jpg

As for the removal of the ray sleeve patch...could it have been to help disambiguate the nickname?

(Which actually is another matter entirely, but we won't get into that here. :P)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but since the Pirates have me at wit's end and I have relatives in Tampa, I figured I'd check out some Rays stuff.

Does the home jersey actually have a white outline around the navy numbers? (If so, why not use light blue?)

As a quick bonus question, are these real? They look legit with fonts, etc. I see their jerseys are really high priced on the MLB shop (I bet because of the front logo and it having to be cut for the buttons)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Majestic-Authentic-EVAN-LONGORIA-Tampa-Bay-Rays-Jersey-48-52-/190672311929?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c64f49679

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carlos-Pena-Tampa-Bay-Rays-Authentic-Jersey-Size-48-/280866331879?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item4164f01ce7

Thanks so much

A friend of mine asked Rays president Matt Silverman that question a couple of years ago. He said he didn't notice it before (I find that hard to believe). No explanation has ever been given. The original authentic navy blue alts they sold in 2009 had the Ray on the sleeve, but by the time the team got on the field, it was gone. I have always suspected that the ray will eventually disappear and that they will use the baseball diamond primary logo on the sleeve, but there has been no indication of this happening or any other changes in the works. The two jerseys you posted sure look legit, but the Pena jersey may not be coolbase and thus cheaper. The alts were coolbase from the beginning, this was before the team went to full use of coolbase a year or two after the redesign for 2008.

The Rays are quickly heading down the Padres' road with their bland, sloppy, confusing mess of an "identity". Not good. The only change that was necessary with the name change was to finally choose between sleeves or vests and switch to the green cap. I for one preferred these:

Royals_Devil_Rays___2xcolo_t440.jpg

Al+Reyes.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Except how the colors didn't go together because there were 3 dark colors,

But no one noticed because the jerseys looked so good. I didn't. I thought of them as a green team with some secondary colors that were rather unimportant because the cool fact that there was a rare green-first team kind of overruled their other colors.

Put it this way, when did you hear more complaining about the Rays' jerseys - before 2008, or after 2008?

the fonts were bad,

You must have not seen their current jerseys.

and the team was even worse during that time.

Which has nothing to do with how good a jersey looks or how solid an identity is.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

^That.

Never should've changed names or identities in the first place.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't think anything is wrong with the name change. People had been dropping the "Devil" for at least 2 to 3 years before it became official. It just seemed rather pointless to keep it after a while ...

I do agree that the uniforms aren't as creative as the green ones. I wouldn't mind a sleeveless one to add some kind of flavor.

I don't know. The green look was nice but I just really liked this cap they wore from their inaugural season

Rays%201990.JPG

To be honest, that cap was rarely worn. The standard cap was the one below. The one with the ray was only worn sporadically with the black alt.

devil_rays_youth_cap1.jpg

I don't know. The green look was nice but I just really liked this cap they wore from their inaugural season

Rays%201990.JPG

To be honest, that cap was rarely worn. The standard cap was the one below. The one with the ray was only worn sporadically with the black alt.

devil_rays_youth_cap1.jpg

I was under the impression that one and the purple bill was used just for that one season.

Well, since it was worn for a short time, I like it even more

Go A's!

Thanks so much

A friend of mine asked Rays president Matt Silverman that question a couple of years ago. He said he didn't notice it before (I find that hard to believe). No explanation has ever been given. The original authentic navy blue alts they sold in 2009 had the Ray on the sleeve, but by the time the team got on the field, it was gone. I have always suspected that the ray will eventually disappear and that they will use the baseball diamond primary logo on the sleeve, but there has been no indication of this happening or any other changes in the works. The two jerseys you posted sure look legit, but the Pena jersey may not be coolbase and thus cheaper. The alts were coolbase from the beginning, this was before the team went to full use of coolbase a year or two after the redesign for 2008.

The Pena jersey in the picture is COOLBASE. The tag on the bottom is the COOLBASE tag. The doubleknits have a completely different looking tag.

And yes, the white jerseys have white outlines around the numbers. I have an MLBShop-purchased Longoria.

And I personally loathe green, so the switch to navy/columbia/white was a 1000% improvement. But it is a matter of preference. Some people prefer the brown Padres gear or the rainbow Astros. To each his own.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived