InLax Lacrosse League

GoodsOnSabres

Hey guys, I know a few months back I talked about how my lacrosse website was launching a fantasy lacrosse league. We were thinking about doing a project that was very much like the IceHL over on Icethetics, but we decided to go a different direction. I've talked to a few very talented graphic artists who have helped me design brands for the 24 teams of the league. We'll be doing features on the designers over on the site as well as showing off their work. So far this includes the likes of Micah Loyed, Andrew Hall, and Ryan Welsh.

There are still many teams that are in need of designs, so if you're interested please email me at jackgoods@ymail.com. I'll be posting the logos and team information on here for you guys to see, so I hope you guys like it. The first post will be tomorrow, when we take a look at the Winnipeg Prairie Dogs!

Hello everybody, here is the first featured team in the series, the Winnipeg Prairie Dogs!

primary-300x300.png

Winnipeg is a relatively untested lacrosse market, but with the success of the Jets so far we knew that Winnipeg would proudly support another team. The Prairie Dogs will be playing out of the MTS Centre, the home of the Jets, which will serve as an excellent venue for indoor lacrosse. The logo was designed by Micah Loyed, who also designed the logos for the next team we will be looking at as well. Below is the alternate logo (to be featured on the shoulders) that was also designed by Loyed.

secondary-300x300.png

For the full details, including players and other info, go here. I'll also be doing like a little interview with each of the designers just talking about the work that they did/ their history in design. I really appreciate all the guys who helped out so I definitely want to get their names out there.

So what do you guys think of Winnipeg's look? I love it, it is one of my favorite so far.

Very nice start to the thread. Great job Micah. Interestingly different color combo. I really dig that secondary logo. Curious to see what other designs are in this league.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Nice logo man. i would make a stand alone prairie dog logo and maybe make the blue more vibrant and it'll make it pop. im kinda new here so i'm curious: do you draw and scan a logo then vectorize it or just kinda wing it from looking at a pic of a prairie dog?

Nice logo man. i would make a stand alone prairie dog logo and maybe make the blue more vibrant and it'll make it pop. im kinda new here so i'm curious: do you draw and scan a logo then vectorize it or just kinda wing it from looking at a pic of a prairie dog?

I obviously didn't make it myself so I'm not sure. I could ask if you'd like.

By the way I forgot to mention in the first post that this is the current league logo.

ill-logo2-300x300.jpg

I really like the design of it but I want to make it pop a tad more. Does anyone think they could take a shot at it? Something to make it more 3-D and have like a shine effect.

Got a lil bored so i decided to take 10 mins and see what i could come up with just for SnG...

(the player silhouette was taken from some clipart and modified a lil bit)

ILL.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Got a lil bored so i decided to take 10 mins and see what i could come up with just for SnG...

ILL.png

Well it certainly 'pops out' a bit more and is a lot more dynamic!

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

ILL.png

Wow man, I absolutely love it. New logo for the league, that's for sure! Today I just wanted to give you guys a brief "lesson" on the lacrosse we are talking about, because it is probably not the lacrosse you are traditionally used to seeing. Our league is stylized as a box lacrosse league, meaning it is played indoors on a turf the size of a hockey rink. The game is very much a fusion between traditional field lacrosse and hockey. There are five players on the floor and a goalie. Its very fast paced, with lots of transitions and line changes.

560148_10150861500738318_459466978_n.jpg

The jersey designs are very similar to hockey in most aspects except obviously they have shorts instead of hockey pants. The helmets are basically hockey helmets with a special cage on them. The established league is the NLL which consists of 9 teams, the Buffalo Bandits, Calgary Roughnecks, Colorado Mammoth, Edmonton Rush, Minnesota Swarm, Philadelphia Wings, Rochester Knighthawks, Toronto Rock, and the Washington Stealth. The league has been around since 1987 and features the best lacrosse players in the world.

IMG_0352.jpg

This video is a tad old, but it should give you a general idea of the sport. A lot of these teams don't exist anymore and a majority of the league no longer looks like this but the gameplay is the same.

So that's just a little background on what we are going for. The Minnesota Marauders branding should be up soon. Heck, just for good measure, here is the best hit I've ever seen in the league.

Every year I keep telling myself I'll get myself to a Swarm game, then the season passes me by.

Viper can speak to Swarm games, but I'll tell you the NLL right up there in terms of "bang for your buck".

I alwasy describe box lacrosse as hockey on feet with basketball style plays.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

if u like the direction let me keep refining it. im not totally satisfied with it, at least let me take some time and make it look more professional for ya...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Every year I keep telling myself I'll get myself to a Swarm game, then the season passes me by.

Viper can speak to Swarm games, but I'll tell you the NLL right up there in terms of "bang for your buck".

I alwasy describe box lacrosse as hockey on feet with basketball style plays.

It really is an incredible bang for your buck. I've been a Bandits season ticket holder since 2006 and I always look forward to heading down to the First Niagara Center for games. When the Bandits won the Champions Cup back in 2008 it was one of the best feelings of my life (here in Buffalo we don't get that very often!).

if u like the direction let me keep refining it. im not totally satisfied with it, at least let me take some time and make it look more professional for ya...

Sounds like a plan. Thank you so much.

Hey guys, today we have our second announced team, the Minnesota Marauders. Minnesota has had the Swarm for 8 years now and have developed a very solid fanbase. The Marauders hope to continue the tradition as they are led by many strong players including Adam Jones, Rhys Duch, Tyler Richards, Connor Martin, and Steve Toll. Their primary and secondary logos were also designed by Micah Loyed.

Marauders-2.jpg

I find this logo just works so well as a primary crest for a lacrosse team. I can picture it so well. I also love how it fits with the secondary logo as well which will be featured on the shoulders.

marauders-300x191.jpg

Micah really did an incredible job with both the Prairie Dogs and the Marauders. I really applaud him. If you'd like to learn more about the Marauders, including expanded team info and all about the players click here. Coming up next we move to Detroit where we take a look at a design done by Andy Hall.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know its been a tad quiet but we have our next team to announce!

redhawks_logo.jpg

The Detroit Redhawks are the third InLax Lacrosse team to be announced. Their brand was designed by Andy Hall. As for the uniforms, I'm hoping to do a Oregon type thing with the wings on the shoulders, I believe it would be a real nice touch. The Redhawks roster features arguably the best goaltender in the world in Matt Vinc, and scorers like Corey Small, Aaron Wilson, and Curtis Manning.

All of Detroit's information can be found here. What do you guys think of Andy's work? I think it'd look great on the front of a jersey. I was also wondering if anyone would be interested in putting together a primary and secondary for the Quebec City Renard (fox in french). I was hoping for something that looked very royal and majestic. As always I appreciate everything!

Jack

Archived