Alts that could work as a primary

kajeet

Anze-Kopitar-Black-Los-Angeles-Kings-11-Jersey.jpg

yes yes and yes........ It worked once, I think it would work again... I just really dislike the current set up with the Home plate on the chest and lack of purple.

Also

canucks_premier_alt_1.jpgottawa-senators-third-jersey-rbk.jpgtoronto-maple-leafs-third-jersey-rbk.jpg

Considering they just won the cup in the black and silver jerseys, I don't see them changing any time soon.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fg4sypw22h9tqhfmchgx0vrmj.gif

No way, the Flyer's current set is much better. This is just a generic faux-back that resembles nothing in the team's past whatsoever. At least most other Winter Classic jerseys resemble something from the past.

Riatt.png

No way, the Flyer's current set is much better. This is just a generic faux-back that resembles nothing in the team's past whatsoever. At least most other Winter Classic jerseys resemble something from the past.

What does faux-black mean? I think the extra blak makes it look better.

Anze-Kopitar-Black-Los-Angeles-Kings-11-Jersey.jpg

yes yes and yes........ It worked once, I think it would work again... I just really dislike the current set up with the Home plate on the chest and lack of purple.

Also

canucks_premier_alt_1.jpgottawa-senators-third-jersey-rbk.jpgtoronto-maple-leafs-third-jersey-rbk.jpg

Considering they just won the cup in the black and silver jerseys, I don't see them changing any time soon.

It's nice to dream

KoivuWarmup1117.jpg

So much better than the normal red sweaters.

Kinda hoping the increased exposure of this sweater means the Wild will eventually turn to this one as their full-time uniform.

Agreed. The current weird primaries suck a backpack full of ass. This one is very elegant, should absolutely be the primary.

The Wild have arguably one of the best logos in the NHL right now. Ditching it in favour of an inspired script would be a tragedy.

You mean "Faux-Back"? Faux-back is a term used to describe uniforms that are designed to look like uniforms of a certain period, but were never actually worn by the team at any point.

The Rays' 70's throwbacks they wore a couple weeks ago are and example of Faux-backs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You mean "Faux-Back"? Faux-back is a term used to describe uniforms that are designed to look like uniforms of a certain period, but were never actually worn by the team at any point.

The Rays' 70's throwbacks they wore a couple weeks ago are and example of Faux-backs.

Oh my bad, I thought he said faux-black referring to the extra black in the uniforms.

Can this one count?

ivan-nova4-540x356.jpg

Oh I couldn't agree more, and I'm an Angels fan, but those retro 1912 NY Highlander roadies looked simply awesome!!

It would make a great alternate weekend away uniform. As primary they'd never do it. I don't think the Yanks have used a different primary uniform since 1927 when the away jersey read 'YANKEES' rather than 'NEW YORK'

1936 is when they added the "NY" logo to their home unis. If you want to nit-pick, the Yankes had an alternate in 1943 that featured a non-arched

New York wordmark.

al_1943_newyork.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived