Alts that could work as a primary

kajeet

I swear we've had this thread at least once before.

Anyway.

anaheim3rdreplica_1.jpg

This. I would like the primary set more if the crest and shoulder patches from this third were swapped over to those two jerseys, right now with the wordmark they just feel incomplete. The orange on this jersey helps the Ducks to stand out more as well.

Disagree, I think that the orange on this set is an eyesore (especially the socks) and the mighty duck logo patch looks out of place with this identity. Not a fan of the shoulder yoke either. The D logo is better than the wordmark, that's for sure; I'm not saying that any of the jerseys in the Ducks current set are good at all, but I find the black home jersey to be cleaner than this.

There's that deja vu feeling again. We've definitely had this discussion before.

Yeah, the piping, phantom yoke and the side panels are a take-or-leave thing for me. I don't mind them but I would happily do away with those in favour of a horizontal stripe or something instead. As for the logos, maybe it's just that I'm so used to seeing the two next to each other or that I hate not having the duck mask in the overall identity, but I'll just leave it at that and agree to disagree before my borderline religious fanaticism towards that particular logo gets the better of me ^_^

Capitals25.png

If the Caps went with a template similar to the throwback third but with the current marks, they'd look great. I feel like the retro look is too outdated to work as a full time set today.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway.

anaheim3rdreplica_1.jpg

This. I would like the primary set more if the crest and shoulder patches from this third were swapped over to those two jerseys, right now with the wordmark they just feel incomplete. The orange on this jersey helps the Ducks to stand out more as well.

Disagree, I think that the orange on this set is an eyesore (especially the socks) and the mighty duck logo patch looks out of place with this identity. Not a fan of the shoulder yoke either. The D logo is better than the wordmark, that's for sure; I'm not saying that any of the jerseys in the Ducks current set are good at all, but I find the black home jersey to be cleaner than this.

I agree that the striping's too much and that the phantom yoke doesn't look good and that the primary striping pattern is far superior. However, the original title of this thread was "Alts That Are Better Than Their Primaries". There are three key things this jersey has over the primaries: 1. The "D" logo as the primary; 2. The emphasis on orange; 3. The Mighty Ducks logo making a subtle return on the shoulder patch. In my ideal world, they'd apple the primary striping to this and call it a day.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Anyway.

anaheim3rdreplica_1.jpg

There's that deja vu feeling again. We've definitely had this discussion before.

Yeah, the piping, phantom yoke and the side panels are a take-or-leave thing for me. I don't mind them but I would happily do away with those in favour of a horizontal stripe or something instead. As for the logos, maybe it's just that I'm so used to seeing the two next to each other or that I hate not having the duck mask in the overall identity, but I'll just leave it at that and agree to disagree before my borderline religious fanaticism towards that particular logo gets the better of me ^_^

We totally have hah-- I think I've been an adamant hater of the Duck's alternate in the past. I too miss the eggplant and teal and this current Ducks identity is fairly uninspired, so anything short of something Mighty isn't too high on my list.

I'm a supporter of the Kings wearing purple, so I actually prefer the jersey with purple yokes to the all black-and-silver that they wear now (not that it's a bad look). Don't know if many people agree with that.

In terms of NBA, the Rockets alternate comes to mind.

xige3e7btg3ei4993zkjs0vkl.gif

Not the best, but way better than the "streetball" crap

Also the Hawks, I definitely miss the Hawks in red.

The Ducks should adopt that as a primary without any changes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

KoivuWarmup1117.jpg

So much better than the normal red sweaters.

Kinda hoping the increased exposure of this sweater means the Wild will eventually turn to this one as their full-time uniform.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

KoivuWarmup1117.jpg

So much better than the normal red sweaters.

Kinda hoping the increased exposure of this sweater means the Wild will eventually turn to this one as their full-time uniform.

Agreed. The current weird primaries suck a backpack full of ass. This one is very elegant, should absolutely be the primary.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

09000d5d814917fc_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81434ac7_gallery_600.jpg

Can this one count?

ivan-nova4-540x356.jpg

Oh I couldn't agree more, and I'm an Angels fan, but those retro 1912 NY Highlander roadies looked simply awesome!!

It would make a great alternate weekend away uniform. As primary they'd never do it. I don't think the Yanks have used a different primary uniform since 1927 when the away jersey read 'YANKEES' rather than 'NEW YORK'

Archived