Lodon Rippers\Road Warriors

panthers_2012

My link

The London Rippers are offically out of the Frontier League, but the team will "play" as the Road Warriors for the rest of the 2012 season. They will play the rest of their games on the road. Not barely halfway trhough the season, a team already "folds", in my opinion that's very sad.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

The team started off with bad press about its name and logo (which I actually like, and looked nicely professional), and it just got worse from there. The city was far more attached to its 90-year-old amateur team than these brash indy ball newcomers, and once they realized they couldn't sell beer at the park (might have checked into that before you started the team, guys), it was done. Anyone have any insight as to where this franchise might land for 2013?

The Frontier League's site is down right now, but this logo for the Road Warriors is on the Schaumburg Boomers' site:

sch_roadwarriors.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Frontier League's site is down right now, but this logo for the Road Warriors is on the Schaumburg Boomers' site:

sch_roadwarriors.jpg

I believe that's the exact same logo the Atlantic League has used each time they've brought the Road Warriors out to fill a gap in their schedule rotation.

sch_roadwarriors.jpg

I believe that's the exact same logo the Atlantic League has used each time they've brought the Road Warriors out to fill a gap in their schedule rotation.

Pretty close. The Frontier League's is a bit more colorful

Pennsylvania_Road_Warriors_%28logo%29.png

Turns out that was the original one, while the one on the Atlantic League's website is the red one as well

roadwarriors.jpg

Should have stuck with the dog.

rippers2-560x800.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The team started off with bad press about its name and logo (which I actually like, and looked nicely professional), and it just got worse from there. The city was far more attached to its 90-year-old amateur team than these brash indy ball newcomers, and once they realized they couldn't sell beer at the park (might have checked into that before you started the team, guys), it was done. Anyone have any insight as to where this franchise might land for 2013?

The franchise "folded" so the team will not be back for the 2013 season, but the Frontier League took over the remaining players and staff who stayed and rebranded them as the Road Warriors. According to my morning paper, the Road Warriors only have 10 players on their current roster. The Road Warriors are just playing the remainder of the Rippers games on the road, hence name " Road Warriors".

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I just did a write-up of my experiences at a London Rippers game, as well as the surprising exchange I had with a staff member about their logo and its absence in the stadium:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/07/27/rip-london-rippers-my-experience-at-a-rippers-game/

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yeah, I work for a Frontier League team and there's been rumors in the press box for a week or two about this happening. Apparent;y they've been marking up the attendance, though players have been counting crowds of less than 50 people. So we just added them to our home schedule, but the only time we could fit them in was over a four day stretch with a Foreigner concert right ion the middle of that (the stage would be on the field). So now we have a 3-games-in-two-days series, with a double header on a Monday (starting at 6 PM).

In our last series the opposing radio guy was saying that his team was supposed to head up to London after their series here. He couldn't say anything about the series being moved, as it hadn't been made official by the team and the league, because they couldn't decide what to name the team. He was not happy haha.

And according to both our radio guy and the visiting radio guy, the lack of an alcohol license was due to the other team playing in the city, and they refused to give it up. The Rippers offered to play them straight up for the liquor license, but were denied in that request.

Chris: Are we going to get the Dog logos and the uniforms up on the site?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This comes as a surprise to me. And this coming from a Frontier League team. Actually I was kinda looking forward to seeing them play once they came to Schaumburg. All I have to say about this is: Wow!

Oh well, at least my Capitales are still arouns, and kicking some tail, I might add!

Well, you can still see the *players* come to Schaumburg... you just won't be able to see their logos or their Cuba-meets-Canada uniforms.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, you can still see the *players* come to Schaumburg... you just won't be able to see their logos or their Cuba-meets-Canada uniforms.

Most teams were told not to mention the franchise's folding in the news releases for added games, or radio broadcasts, but I'm almost positive those who follow Frontier League baseball already know, or will soon know, what's up.

Since you work in the FL, any whispers on where Franchise 14 could end up next year?

Archived