Lights Out's NBA: Revisited

Lights Out

I'm ok with the deviation of RWB for the Sixers, I suppose, but I think the gold needs to be more subtle and white should be incorporated.

Come to think of it, that would be the one team in the NBA you would think is SUPPOSED to have the RWB combo.

Ehhh... Washington has a legitimate case, too. I also don't think red, white, and blue is the ONLY patriotic color scheme.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with the deviation of RWB for the Sixers, I suppose, but I think the gold needs to be more subtle and white should be incorporated.

Come to think of it, that would be the one team in the NBA you would think is SUPPOSED to have the RWB combo.

Ehhh... Washington has a legitimate case, too. I also don't think red, white, and blue is the ONLY patriotic color scheme.

:therock:

Explain....

And btw, I didn't say Washington because their name now has NOTHING to do with America. A team who references the Revolution, on the other hand.....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I agree, It'd be nice to see some other patriotic color schemes besides the overplayed RWB.

I always thought if the Sixers wanted to move away from RWB, the Gadsden Flag1 would be something with significance to take inspiration from. A lot of ties to Philadelphia, it's first use was in the city, and it's inspiration was Ben Franklin's Join or Die cartoon 2. The Philadelphia Union used the Rattlesnake from it...but nothing else.

dont-tread-on-me.jpg

join-or-die.jpg

It certainly wouldn't be my first candidate for removing RWB. Clippers, Hawks and Wizards would be my firsts, but given how much black and gold covered the Sixers previous logo, I don't immediately reject this version. But your point is well made.

PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS

GHhTs.png

27DKl.png

For the Blazers, I kept the general look and feel of their traditional uniforms, but simplified them a bit. The front stripe now tapers off similarly to the logo and also flows into the shorts stripe. The dated spiky font with a million outlines is gone, in favor of a simple sans serif font, reflecting the '90s uniforms. Everything is limited to one outline at the most. BTW, the jersey sponsor is PGE.

xLmjWVv.png

I really like the idea of is set, the simple font is a huge improvement and the striping also looks cool. The only thing I would do is change the numbers and wordmark on the road jersey to white rather than gray to make them stand out more.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I suppose I only have two nit-picks with Portland; 1) The scripts look much too..."squat". I think if they were a bit taller and leaner to match both the numbers and the previous scripts, they'd work much better. 2)This one isn't as pressing, but I think the color of the numbers and script on the homes should match if they are to match on the roads. Red would look really great, as well as evoke the look of the 90's teams. Other than those, I think this looks really good. Altogether, it's a neat update that maintains tradition while moving a step forwards. Nice job.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

NEW YORK KNICKS

AEdqE.png

Oyre4.png

Judging from the 2K13 leak, the Knicks' new uniforms are okay, but bland. I decided to make new wordmarks based on the "New York" text in the Knicks' current primary logo. The home jersey finally says Knicks on it instead of New York, and the Knicks wordmark is tweaked to match better with the New York wordmark. Instead of gray, I used the New York Liberty's cool-looking Statue of Liberty green color in the trim and also in the drop shadow on the wordmarks and numbers. I kept the cut-off armhole trim, but also applied it to the pants. I also created a new primary logo based around basketball in the Big Apple, as the current one is generic and extremely dated.

xLmjWVv.png

Not a huge fan of the green but other than that a fantastic Knicks concept. You did a great job on blending the old style with some new elements like the scripts, and it's a great overall product. [stamps Knicks fan seal of approval]

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• 2 months later...

Im a little late so I will try and catch up....

Clippers- Unis look good, but not a fan of the new colors. I think maybe a more "orange" color than the "rusty" would look a little nicer, also maybe a darker shade of blue just as a very minor accent to break up the two bright primaries.

Hawks- My personal favorites so far!! They have a great balance of all three colors.

Heat- My second favorite. I dont think they need a new color scheme but these things are just so sharp that it would be totally fine.

Pacers- Someone else said that the side strip is a bit much, and I agree. I think you should try to shrink it in some. It seems to come to the middle on the front and the back, maybe try going about 1/4 of the way in on the front and back. I do like the

76ers- Love the new color scheme (even though IMO they should have stayed RWB). Also I think this might be the only uniforms ever that I actually LIKE the "pit stains". Over all good job.

Lakers- Look pretty good. I like the new logo, its very fitting. New unis are not really better but really no worse. Really clever idea with the spotlight look

Blazers- These look so good man, bravo! Simple and to the point, great color balance, and really good flow.

Knicks- I love the addition of the new blue. The new logo is really nice too. The jerseys are a little simple for my taste but very fitting and still look great.

Overall these are all so good. Keep up the good work man. Cant wait to see my Pistons (since they are another RWB team I assume you will be changing, my only request is PLEASE dont go back to the ugliest color scheme ever in the burgundy/gold/teal haha)

Clippers - Drastic improvement from being another RWB team and the logo is sick.

Hawks - I like the return to red, yellow, and black but it would have been awesome if you could have found a way to modernize the pacman logo

Miami - I hate the Floridians throwbacks so I am not too enthralled with this. Also if any team in American sports altered their colors for pink their jersey sales would go down drastically.

Pacers - Meh... They do not really invoke anything and I like the actual Pacer uniforms better.

Sixers - I like this better just for the sole fact that a RWB team is eliminated though those home jerseys should just be white with gold and black trim.

Lakers - Massive downgrade in every aspect. I actually like the Lakers logo and the side panels are too much. Also the "Los Angeles" in the Lakers away jersey is not aesthetically pleasing.

Blazers - Looks good.

Knicks - That green looks putrid. Also the Knicks jerseys have always said New York at home and should continue to stay that way. I also was hoping the stupid half-trim would have been fixed. The current Knicks set looks better.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Archived