Lights Out's NBA: Revisited

Lights Out

I don't know if that Los Angeles script is yours, but it's gorgeous.

Sadly, I didn't create it - it's the one the team wears currently on the road, just without the extra outline.

Chauncey-Billups-chris-paul-clippers.jpg

Either way, I can't believe what a difference it makes without the extra outline.

MIAMI HEAT

What I like:

- New wordmarks and numbers. They look a lot more Miami than what they wear now.

- Color scheme. I love the Floridians throwbacks, and if any team in any sport could pull off pink it's Miami.

- Asymmetrical design. I wish more teams would go with it.

What I don't like:

- Flame stripes. As the others have said, it's a little corny. I would just go with a simple two stripe pattern (think Pistons home jersey), and center the logo on the opposite side of the shorts (instead of being on the front).

- Blank back pattern area thing. Here is where you could include some flames without being too over-the-top.

Small nitpick: Your NBA logo and sponsor are a little low (compared to the previous 2 designs).

I'll have to co-sign to this for the Heat. As far as the Pacers, I get what you're going for and I love the subliminated checkers... so appropriate for a team named after a car from the Indy 500... but I'm not sure I like these overall. The font seems a bit weak and the side panel is too overwhelming. Then again, I don't think the Pacers unis you based them on have aged all that well, so take my critique for what it's worth.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the color scheme for the Clippers, but are you changing the name's meaning from Clipper ships to Clipper storms/weather patterns with that wave?

It's a modification of an unused Clippers logo.

So at one point that was either their intention, or it simply is a tie-in to a nautical theme.

I love the colors and will always support reducing the amount of RWB themes in the NBA, when appropriate. Like in this case.

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS

wsnHN.png

IBKUk.png

I may be in the clear minority on this one, but I really liked the Sixers' Iverson-era red, gold, and black color scheme - so I decided to bring it back. I took the general idea of their current uniforms and jazzed them up a bit, making the side panels rounder to match the circular logo and making the shorts more unique. The wordmarks and numbers match better with the logo, and I also decided to use a gold home uniform because I think it would look fantastic under the lights in the arena. (It's hard to read at this size, but the Sixers' uniform sponsor is Wells Fargo.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Your link doesn't work. Also, I liked their previous color scheme, but only because it had blue and white in it too.

allen_iverson.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I also like the color scheme that they used during the Iverson era, Even though it didn't exactly fit with their brand, it still looked pretty sweet. I like this set alot. It is really clean-cut and solid, and the watermark on the back looks really good with the design as well. Nice job here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I absolutely LOVE that Sixers concept. The color scheme is great (Red white and blue is more appropriate, IMO, but this is more visually appealing). The gold home is sharp, and the font you used works great. I love the design, especially the shorts, and the collar and sublimated shooting star are nice. No suggestions here, you nailed it.

LOS ANGELES LAKERS

d6NkM.png

1V7RN.png

As a Clipper fan and proud Laker hater, I still must admit that the Lakers have pretty good uniforms and a nice unique color scheme. I didn't change too much about the uniforms. The side stripes are simplified and tapered to look like a spotlight (for obvious reasons), and a Los Angeles wordmark is finally added to the road. The out-of-date, ugly primary logo finally gets a long-needed change.

(I still couldn't resist dissing my least-favorite athlete in all of sports, however.)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'd have to say, the Sixers and Lakers are your first "misses" of the series. I understand wanting to get rid of as many red, white and blue color schemes as possible, but Phily is one of the teams whose identity demands it; and although I understand what you're going for with the Lakers, the side panels are a bit much.

That said, your Lakers logo is just plain AWESOME... a perfect encapsulation of the teams' "Hollywood" personality!

The Sixers... I don't like. If you kept the gold and black to trim, it would be a great concept, but right now, the colors are a bit muddy.

The Lakers, as what everyone else said, the side panels are too much. Though I LOVE the new logo. Also "Ballhog" got a laugh out of me :lol:

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I LOVE this Lakers set. A great update of their brand without changing it too much, the side panels look really cool in my opinion. The one thing I would do would be to move the "Lakers" script in the logo down slightly and out Los Angeles above the Lakers script, just makes more sense that way. Nice last couple of concepts.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I'm ok with the deviation of RWB for the Sixers, I suppose, but I think the gold needs to be more subtle and white should be incorporated.

I agree with this. As much as I like the color scheme, the jerseys are not really popping right now. Perhaps if the scripts and numbers were white on the roadies, this could be fixed.

As for the Lakers...ehh, it's not your best. The side panels are too wide at the shorts, and I'm not sure I like the "Los Angeles" script. It looks imbalanced and too forced, especially where "Lakers" works plenty fine on the roads already. I think purple numbers on the gold jerseys would look better, but that's just been a personal preference of mine ever since white numbers were adopted. It's not a bad concept, but those quibbles are holding it back for me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Like people have said, the Lakers side panels look ugly, blocky, and they don't fit the uniform. With the Lakers, they have one of the best uniform sets in the league and while I like the addition of Los Angeles, it just doesn't look right. Also, will you be adding third jerseys, becuase it's weird to see a Lakers set without the Sunday whites.

As a Sixers fan and a Philadelphia native, I believe that the RWB color scheme is perfect for the city and team. And I think it is a mistake not to give "the Andrew Bynum era" sixers a chance at their own color scheme. (one that is not referred to as the "Allen Iverson era" color scheme)

So far though, I am really liking this Series. I think the Clippers are amazing. You did such great research and execution on the logo and the uniforms. Miami looks great in pink especially since their whole team is already loaded with divas and I even like the pink and orange flame on that jersey. The Hawks also look great.

I'm ok with the deviation of RWB for the Sixers, I suppose, but I think the gold needs to be more subtle and white should be incorporated.

Come to think of it, that would be the one team in the NBA you would think is SUPPOSED to have the RWB combo.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Come to think of it, that would be the one team in the NBA you would think is SUPPOSED to have the RWB combo.

Exactly!

Archived