Lights Out's NBA: Revisited

Lights Out

Joshhockey's Nike NBA series inspired me to start one of my own, especially as I'm starting to get bored of football concepts. As with all my series, I'm going to attempt to cut down on the needless red, white, and blue schemes around the league. As much as I hate it, I'm also including ads on the jerseys for realism's sake. Here goes - unsurprisingly, my first team is my...

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

M52wP.png

fa5dM.png

First things first - the cliche red, white, and blue color scheme is gone, replaced by the unique powder blue and reddish-orange color scheme from the franchise's San Diego days. Also returning is the naval flag motif from those uniforms. An "LAC" flag pattern adorns the front of the shorts and is sublimated into the back panel. The boring current primary logo is also gone, in favor of a new logo based on their unused logo from 1993. The script and number font remains generally the same, and the side striping is a classic, simple design.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATLANTA HAWKS

wgNkQ.png

nzGw1.png

First and foremost, another pointless RWB color scheme is jettisoned from the league, in favor of the Hawks' old red/black/yellow scheme. Aside from that, the Hawks' current uniforms don't change too much. The back striping on the jersey is tapered a bit to accomodate for Nike's back panel, and the old collar and the bevels on the numbers return.

xLmjWVv.png

I love the new logo for the Clippers, really creative. The Hawks new color scheme looks incredible on basically the same jerseys they currently have, I have always liked that clor scheme in general. No complaints on these, really. (Except those ads :(). But it is probably realistic to include them, I guess...

P.S. Would really love to see that football series completed sometime if you ever get around to it again, some really cool and creative stuff in there.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The Clippers look BEAUTIFUL. That primary logo is great and the color scheme is gorgeous. The simplified design is much better than their current set as well.

I like the color scheme change for the Hawks, but that's where it ends for me. The striping just doesn't work...I would change it up a little rather than trying to replicate the current design.

Lastly, with both concepts, the NBA logo is nowhere to be found. I would add it in place of the swoosh, and maybe switch sides with the sponsor so it's in the same place as now (And on that note, the sponsors don't look terrible. They're not very intrusive, since they're not a patch but just the logo, if that makes sense.)

Love the Clippers set. Honestly, I don't have anything to add to that. I love it.

The Hawks set is solid as well. My only real complaint is the red uniform. It might be because I love the Dominique-era uniforms, but I think the stripes might be better if the thicker, swoopy ones (currently black) were yellow, and the piping was white. I'd also be curious what the wordmark would look like in white, just for contrast's sake.

These are beautiful! Exactly like I would want either of these teams to look. Neither should have RWB schemes and these give each a really original one. Well done. I love the clips in Light Blue/Orange. Quick question, where'd you get that template?

Template

v v v v v

These are beautiful! Exactly like I would want either of these teams to look. Neither should have RWB schemes and these give each a really original one. Well done. I love the clips in Light Blue/Orange. Quick question, where'd you get that template?

Template

v v v v v

gracias. Also just noticed the pant stripe logo on the clips. I fall more and more in love with this concept everytime I see it. Well done sir.

Joshhockey's Nike NBA series inspired me to start one of my own, especially as I'm starting to get bored of football concepts. As with all my series, I'm going to attempt to cut down on the needless red, white, and blue schemes around the league. As much as I hate it, I'm also including ads on the jerseys for realism's sake. Here goes - unsurprisingly, my first team is my...

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

M52wP.png

fa5dM.png

First things first - the cliche red, white, and blue color scheme is gone, replaced by the unique powder blue and reddish-orange color scheme from the franchise's San Diego days. Also returning is the naval flag motif from those uniforms. An "LAC" flag pattern adorns the front of the shorts and is sublimated into the back panel. The boring current primary logo is also gone, in favor of a new logo based on their unused logo from 1993. The script and number font remains generally the same, and the side striping is a classic, simple design.

PERFECT!!!

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

MIAMI HEAT

7InfN.png

h96Ii.png

I really like the Floridians uniforms that the Heat have thrown back to over the years, and with some sprucing up, they could make for a real nice full-time set. This is kind of a Floridians-meets-hot-rod look. The flames down the sides pay tribute to the Floridians' uniforms while also connecting better to the Heat's name. I wish I could take credit for the flames, but I'm not that good of an artist - they're clipart. Other than that, I made new wordmarks and used a custom font. Not much else to it.

xLmjWVv.png

I LOVE adding pink to the Heat set! Simple, yet SO Miami. I would love it if they started wearing those.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This is definitely better than the similar throwback they have been wearing occasionally. I strongly dislike that jersey though, and so I'm still not a fan of this just because I don't like this idea. You definitely improved on the original Floridians set, but I don't really like that set at all so not a fan. I just don't see pink in their color scheme in the real NBA.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

MIAMI HEAT

7InfN.png

h96Ii.png

I really like the Floridians uniforms that the Heat have thrown back to over the years, and with some sprucing up, they could make for a real nice full-time set. This is kind of a Floridians-meets-hot-rod look. The flames down the sides pay tribute to the Floridians' uniforms while also connecting better to the Heat's name. I wish I could take credit for the flames, but I'm not that good of an artist - they're clipart. Other than that, I made new wordmarks and used a custom font. Not much else to it.

Do you think you could create a side-view so we can get an idea of how the pink flame and orange flame meet/blend? Is it a gradient or 2 separate stripes/flames?

My opinion is I love the design but I think the world isn't ready for full time pink in an nba jersey. I'd like to see this in their current colors I think that would look amazing!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Everything is perfect but the side panels of the jersey. I can't help but look at the design of those flames and think of those stupid flame paint jobs that Hot Rodders put on thier cars thinking it looks "killer, man!" I think it's just a bit much. A more simpler flame design or something else entirely would probably ease that.

The colors? YES. I've thought for a while that if hot pink were to ever find its way into the big-4 pro sports, the Heat should be the team to pull it off. Infact, I've got a concept I shelved a while ago that had a similar color scheme, I just love the idea of Miami adopting it. Well done there, as well as the marks and scripts.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

MIAMI HEAT

What I like:

- New wordmarks and numbers. They look a lot more Miami than what they wear now.

- Color scheme. I love the Floridians throwbacks, and if any team in any sport could pull off pink it's Miami.

- Asymmetrical design. I wish more teams would go with it.

What I don't like:

- Flame stripes. As the others have said, it's a little corny. I would just go with a simple two stripe pattern (think Pistons home jersey), and center the logo on the opposite side of the shorts (instead of being on the front).

- Blank back pattern area thing. Here is where you could include some flames without being too over-the-top.

Small nitpick: Your NBA logo and sponsor are a little low (compared to the previous 2 designs).

INDIANA PACERS

P2pLq.png

lT5YB.png

I knew exactly what I was going to do with the Pacers when I set out to make this concept - modernize the FloJo's from the '90s. The basic striping pattern remains intact, but it's simplified, and the annoying "stacked-triangle" effect created by the shorts on the old uniform is fixed. I added sublimated checkerboard to the side striping as well, to honor Indiana's racing history. The collar, wordmarks, and numbers are simplified, and finally, pinstripes are sublimated into the back panel as a reference to the Finals-era uniforms.

Also, I didn't realize this at the time, but the fact that the striping forms a diamond shape when viewed from the side could be considered a sly reference to "Hoosier diamonds".

xLmjWVv.png

Archived