Sign in to follow this  
dfwabel

Redesigned Domino's Pizza Logo

This is a nice redesign, but the only thing that bothers me is I've never seen a two-tone domino. I understand what they're trying to accomplish, but I don't know that such a thing exists. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Or it's a perfectly good opportunity to sell/give away two-toned domino pieces as marketing materials.

On the whole, I really love this upgrade, but the two-color domino doesn't read as a domino anymore (upthread images notwithstanding).

I look at it now, and I see a pharmaceutical capsule.

Dominos_new_logo_main.jpg

pills-blue-and-red-with-white-AJHD.jpg

I agree that it doesn't instantaneously read as a domino to me, but to be honest, I'm not sure the old one did either. (Both do with even a little bit of thought, I just mean instantaneously.)

But what the old one did and the new one still does, is read as Domino's Pizza (& pasta & sandwiches & whatever).

That's why it is a successful brand and a smart update.

as a Cuban, that logo instantly reads domino to me. if dominoes were an Olympic sport Cubans would take the gold every year, no contest haha

Slight upgrade in my books.

It's a very subtle update. Had they not made a big deal out of it, I doubt the vast majority would even notice the change.

I like it.

The only thing I do not like is that the old logo also looked like a pizza box. All they'd really have to do is print that on the entire lid of the box...solid design for a pizza box.

Hey, look what I found...

dominosgum.jpg

Nice modernization of the logo. They took the USA Today approach here; and it works well here too.