Redesigned Domino's Pizza Logo

dfwabel

Dominos_new_logo_main.jpg

From NRN.com:

Domino?s Pizza on Tuesday unveiled a new ?store of the future? design and a reworked logo as the next step in the chain?s ongoing brand repositioning. The new logo, however, doesn?t include any mention of pizza, just the simple red-white- and-blue, single-tile domino that company officials hope will become as recognizable as the Nike Swoosh or the Golden Arches.

Russell Weiner, Domino?s chief marketing officer, said in a statement that 2008 was the year the company recognized a need to change.

?We began to expand our menu, develop a whole new recipe for our pizza and come up with new, breakthrough ways to talk about our brand with consumers. We began to interact with customers in innovative ways through technology, mobile devices and social media,? he said. ?The next step in this process is to build the store of the future, featuring new store signage and a simple, visually striking logo ? because we believe Domino?s has become an iconic global brand that is instantly recognizable.

Wow, massive, massive upgrade in terms of design, and they've honestly been around for so long that people should recognize a blue/red domino as Domino's Pizza.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's a win because of what it accomplishes. As has been said, Domino's Pizza has existed as a brand for quite a while now, and a blue/red/white domino on a 45 degree angle has always been their signature.

This does an excellent job of maintaining the existing brand while making the bold statement that Domino's Pizza is an international icon. Given that they haven't always had a reputation as a very good pizza company, it's possible that consumers will go from just thinking of their local store as 'a pizza place' and will start to consider them to be 'THE pizza place', much like how McDonald's is synonymous with fast food burgers, even though there are plenty of other (better) fast food burger places. Branding as an icon is certainly one way of becoming an icon. I predict that this change will do them very well.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Although there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old one, this is an upgrade. Nice job by Domino's.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Domino's is nailing this. The store design seems kind of odd, but personally I'd never understood pizza places that had big lobbies.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is a nice redesign, but the only thing that bothers me is I've never seen a two-tone domino. I understand what they're trying to accomplish, but I don't know that such a thing exists. Correct me if I'm wrong.

domino-C.jpg

domino-jumbo.jpg

I really like the update, and it's been long overdue I think. The old one was good, but it definitely needed freshening up.

spacer.png

I like that the dots on the domino match the O's and the dot of the I.

twitter

Archived