New Michigan Basketball Uniforms

YessSir32

Why mess with perhaps the most iconic uniform in college hoops? Here is a novel idea..

The funny thing is the pic was probably taken 20 years ago and it still looks like a game from 2012 (except the refs)

fab-5-kicks-.jpg

I do not think Michigan would like to reminded about one of the most embarrasing moments in its sporting history.

You mean the era post-Fab Five? You're right. I do not want to be reminded of Ellerbe/Amaker.

But the Fab Five? Sign me up. Have "Jalen Rose Night", bring Nike back, get the 92 unis back, and celebrate what was awesome when I was growing up. Anything but the waste adidas has laid to our athletic department.

Because NCAA violations so severe that the University of Michigan had to vacate wins and titles are such great things to be proud of.

tumblr_mclik53MAy1rjj9tso1_1280.jpg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think anyone's buying the idea of major college athletics having honor and integrity anymore; and the Fab Five were just as significant culturally as they were for anything they did on the court. Let the Wolverines celebrate them.

I thought he was talking about the Chris Webber technical foul as the embarrassing moment, which, well, it was, but not enough to besmirch the entire Fab Five era.

EDIT: no, he did mean the violations. Well, at least that means Webber's gaffe never happened!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really don't think anyone's buying the idea of major college athletics having honor and integrity anymore; and the Fab Five were just as significant culturally as they were for anything they did on the court. Let the Wolverines celebrate them.

I do not think the Wolverines want to celebrate them otherwise Michigan would not have deleted Webber from the school's athletic records or vacate wins and titles on their own.

I do not think the Wolverines want to celebrate them otherwise Michigan would not have deleted Webber from the school's athletic records or vacate wins and titles on their own.

I'm too young to remember how it exactly went down, but it's common for teams to penalize themselves first in hopes of avoiding stiffer penalties from the NCAA. If Michigan truly cared about doing the right thing they wouldn't have paid them in the first place.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The materials are really nice. Light to an absurd degree, almost like wearing nothing.

stupid_sexy_flanders.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm too young to remember how it exactly went down, but it's common for teams to penalize themselves first in hopes of avoiding stiffer penalties from the NCAA. If Michigan truly cared about doing the right thing they wouldn't have paid them in the first place.

Michigan did not pay the players, a booster paid the players.

Still lets say that you are correct. If you were Michigan would you want to celebrate an event that lead to having a ton of egg on your face and being reprimanded by the NCAA.

Still lets say that you are correct. If you were Michigan would you want to celebrate an event that lead to having a ton of egg on your face and being reprimanded by the NCAA.

There was a bit more to it, but yes. At this point, 20 years later, I want to celebrate the Fab Five. I think it will come in a few years once the "banishment" period is over, and it may or may not include Chris Webber, but I want to cheer from the stands while I see Jalen Rose on the floor at Crisler.

spikes.jpg

There was a bit more to it, but yes. At this point, 20 years later, I want to celebrate the Fab Five. I think it will come in a few years once the "banishment" period is over, and it may or may not include Chris Webber, but I want to cheer from the stands while I see Jalen Rose on the floor at Crisler.

I am sure the university would love to celebrate a team that forced them into a position to vacate wins, bring down banners, and return trophies.

Btw, as an aside, I find it funny that a bunch of gymnasts are now being referred to as the Fab Five more in the minds of people than the Michigan one. When I enter "Fab Five" into google I see more links and images referring to the gold medal winners.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite post script to the "Fab Five" era at Michigan is that they never won anything. Never won a BigTen title, never a NCAA title, nothing. They are worshipped and lauded as these cultural icons because they wore baggy shorts, but the ultimate irony is that those that did and still do worship them are worshipping losers that really never won a damn thing.

Ive always love that. Worship on, Michigan. :lol:

My favorite post script to the "Fab Five" era at Michigan is that they never won anything. Never won a BigTen title, never a NCAA title, nothing. They are worshipped and lauded as these cultural icons because they wore baggy shorts, but the ultimate irony is that those that did and still do worship them are worshipping losers that really never won a damn thing.

I'd say that advancing to the NCAA title game in back to back years is quite the feat, especially given how Final Fours are celebrated within the college basketball circle as a glowing achievement.

And the cultural impact and shift in the power balance of college basketball has made that group a noteworthy team that continues to be talked about 20 years after the fact, more than whoever won the Big Ten in 1991, 1992, 1993, etc.

It's cute that you're still bitter, 20 years after the fact, when that team is discussed, though.

spikes.jpg

I am sure the university would love to celebrate a team that forced them into a position to vacate wins, bring down banners, and return trophies.

Btw, as an aside, I find it funny that a bunch of gymnasts are now being referred to as the Fab Five more in the minds of people than the Michigan one. When I enter "Fab Five" into google I see more links and images referring to the gold medal winners.

Well, our friends in Ohio carried Jim Tressel off the field to a thunderous round of applause and "THANK YOU COACH TRESS" banners just a couple of short weeks ago, during a season in which they were ineligible to compete for a championship due to his cheating and within two years of his resignation in disgrace. So, anything is possible.

Controversy is the legacy of the Fab Five, for sure. I thank them for piquing my interest in basketball as a 6th grader and giving me many fond memories. I'm not particularly enamored with Chris Webber (or the Tractor Traylors, Mo Taylors, Louis Bullocks, etc. who came aferwards), but as a whole those are still great memories. And it's worth noting that players such as Voshon Lenard, Mateen Cleaves, Greg Anthony, the Mizzou guys, etc. were also on the take from Ed Martin as well. It doesn't justify or excuse what Michigan did (Steve Fisher turning the blind eye was inexcusable), but it does speak to the nature of college hoops.

spikes.jpg

A4JlSE-CQAEWGIr1_thumb.png

What's up with their arms in this picture?

It's called a farmers tan, it is the tan lines developed by a working farmer regularly exposed to the sun.[1] The farmer's tan is usually started with a sun tan covering only the arms and neck. It is distinct in that the shoulders, chest, and back remain unaffected by the sun. Similar tan lines include the "Texas tan", which is very similar, with the exception that the shoulders are also affected by the sun. The Texas tan is caused by working in the sun while wearing a muscle shirt or an A-shirt.

Those aren't farmer's tans. Their arms look normal in the other pics, and the tonal shift seems to line up across all 3 of their arms, so there's obviously something wrong with the actual picture. Besides the terrible uniforms that is.

it would be the reflector they use giving off too much light by being angled incorrectly by the person kneeling down next to photographer to evenly spread the light to avoid dark shadows. Photography 101.

I'd say that advancing to the NCAA title game in back to back years is quite the feat, especially given how Final Fours are celebrated within the college basketball circle as a glowing achievement.

And the cultural impact and shift in the power balance of college basketball has made that group a noteworthy team that continues to be talked about 20 years after the fact, more than whoever won the Big Ten in 1991, 1992, 1993, etc.

It's cute that you're still bitter, 20 years after the fact, when that team is discussed, though.

Bitter over what?? Them not winning a damn thing, ever? Not bitter, just still enjoying it! Worship on, "M-ers".

Archived