New Michigan Basketball Uniforms

YessSir32

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A4JlSE-CQAEWGIr1_thumb.png

What's up with their arms in this picture?

It's called a farmers tan, it is the tan lines developed by a working farmer regularly exposed to the sun.[1] The farmer's tan is usually started with a sun tan covering only the arms and neck. It is distinct in that the shoulders, chest, and back remain unaffected by the sun. Similar tan lines include the "Texas tan", which is very similar, with the exception that the shoulders are also affected by the sun. The Texas tan is caused by working in the sun while wearing a muscle shirt or an A-shirt.

spacer.png

A4JlSE-CQAEWGIr1_thumb.png

What's up with their arms in this picture?

It's called a farmers tan, it is the tan lines developed by a working farmer regularly exposed to the sun.[1] The farmer's tan is usually started with a sun tan covering only the arms and neck. It is distinct in that the shoulders, chest, and back remain unaffected by the sun. Similar tan lines include the "Texas tan", which is very similar, with the exception that the shoulders are also affected by the sun. The Texas tan is caused by working in the sun while wearing a muscle shirt or an A-shirt.

Those aren't farmer's tans. Their arms look normal in the other pics, and the tonal shift seems to line up across all 3 of their arms, so there's obviously something wrong with the actual picture. Besides the terrible uniforms that is.

spacer.png

Another aweful Michigan uniform. Why can't they seem to get it right? A school with so much tradition should be able to at least get a uniform right once in a while... but they arent even close.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

No, it's not. Unless you think that the guy in the middle always wears long sleeve shirts but rolls them up to below the elbow, those aren't farmer's tans. There is a point going through the middle of the picture, and everying above that is very overexposed. Notice how almost all the shadowing on the jerseys ends above the farmer's tans. Also, farmer's tans generally coincide with a tanned face. Unless you think all the players wear stetsons to cover their heads when outside but stick their calves in tanning beds, there is clearly something wrong with this picture.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No, it's not. Unless you think that the guy in the middle always wears long sleeve shirts but rolls them up to below the elbow, those aren't farmer's tans. There is a point going through the middle of the picture, and everying above that is very overexposed. Notice how almost all the shadowing on the jerseys ends above the farmer's tans. Also, farmer's tans generally coincide with a tanned face. Unless you think all the players wear stetsons to cover their heads when outside but stick their calves in tanning beds, there is clearly something wrong with this picture.

Upon further review I have to agree with you statement that something is wrong with the picture and that I was wrong.

spacer.png

I would really like to hear Andrew H. talk about these. He's a smart guy and I bet he has some valuable insight on the new adidas basketball uniforms.

I have almost nothing to do with uniform development, and NCAA in particular is what I work least on, so I have little to add. The adizero campaign (this is the adizero uniform that debuted with the neon ones last tourney) is obviously meant to convey speed and lightness, so motion blur made up of team logos? It gets the point across. The materials are really nice. Light to an absurd degree, almost like wearing nothing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

the problem is that it looks more smudged than motion blurred

Can you explain the your reasoning? For me, a motion blur is a large unidirectional blur, like what we have here, whereas a smudge is generally a small smear or a series of small smears that may continue in any direction or no direction at all. The key characteristics of a motion blur are rarely seen in what I would consider a smudge.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a lurker here at boards.sportslogos.net for 2 years, admiring all the amazing information on this site. I chose never to join because I was still in the process of educating myself in this area of expertise. I've now decided that although I'm not exactly as effective as I want to be, my level of excitement and near-obsession has pushed me to become subscriber. Good to meet everyone and if you guys want to join my new forum im at best cleaning service las vegas thanks again for your warm welcomes!

:welcome:

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Why mess with perhaps the most iconic uniform in college hoops? Here is a novel idea..

The funny thing is the pic was probably taken 20 years ago and it still looks like a game from 2012 (except the refs)

fab-5-kicks-.jpg

That's my all time favorite college basketball uniform. It always bugged me that the M's on Jimmy King's and someone else's (Poinka?) shorts were higher than the rest of the team. I don't know if it was an error or maybe a different manufacturer?

Why mess with perhaps the most iconic uniform in college hoops? Here is a novel idea..

The funny thing is the pic was probably taken 20 years ago and it still looks like a game from 2012 (except the refs)

fab-5-kicks-.jpg

According to the NCAA, this picture never happened.

bSLCtu2.png

• 1 month later...

fab-5-kicks-.jpg

I do not think Michigan would like to reminded about one of the most embarrasing moments in its sporting history.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

fab-5-kicks-.jpg

I do not think Michigan would like to reminded about one of the most embarrasing moments in its sporting history.

You mean the era post-Fab Five? You're right. I do not want to be reminded of Ellerbe/Amaker.

But the Fab Five? Sign me up. Have "Jalen Rose Night", bring Nike back, get the 92 unis back, and celebrate what was awesome when I was growing up. Anything but the waste adidas has laid to our athletic department.

spikes.jpg

Archived