ABA Logo Update:

Ez Street

Call it me, but I actually like the Motown one. Not a whole lot you can do for the name "Jammers" but at least it gets me thinking of my moms' old Motown 45's.

As for the Native Americans... nothing like a completely stereotypical logo to represent a team committed to breaking stereotypes.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Didn't the Jammers have another logo before? This one is better, but still kinda meh.

I didn't RTFA...did the Native American team announce a name? Is their location "Native America"?

Who hasn't been reading the general sports board!!!!!!!

Given my vaguely supportive comments on the team in that thread, this might seem an odd comment to make but would any native american be happy turning out in that logo?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Oh yeah, UW, I believe their location is Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Ahh, right. I was just wondering if they were gonna do something to try to represent all the Nations, not just the Albuquerque area.

Oh yeah, UW, I believe their location is Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Ahh, right. I was just wondering if they were gonna do something to try to represent all the Nations, not just the Albuquerque area.

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, they're being as stereotypical as they can get. I mean, the logo and location, there are Native Americans everywhere, not just Albuquerque...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

They also had that "ooey-pooey" rip-off...which B, B and S.

As for the native Americans logo, it's great...FOR THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT POLICE TO POOP ON!!! It looks way too much like the Kansas City Chiefs logo. Calling the NFL Properties Logo Police!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

They also had that "ooey-pooey" rip-off...which B, B and S.

*groan*

As for the logos, I think that Native American logo was originally a logo for the Native American National Team. This website -- www.nativeamericacamps.com -- lists tryout dates for both the national team and the ABA at the same time. It's not entirely clear whether they're the same team or not or if the Native American National Team is just joining the ABA, etc. I know the logo posted in this thread came from the ABA site but i wouldn't be surprised if they came up with something new. After all, the iconic multi-colored basketball is absent.

As for Detroit, it's a marked improved from their last effort. Maybe they'll come up with something new for all these teams before the first tip.

An ABA logo without the telltale patriotic basketball?!!?!?!

If nothing else, the Native American team got that much right.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Good gravy! The NA logo with no circus basketball? is that allowed? Does this mean that none of the others HAD to use it, and they CHOSE TO??

I actually dont hate the Blaze logo as much as the others.. the purple is bad, and the flames arent the right shape, but as far as these logos go, its simply bad, reather than terrible like the rest.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

cinblaze.gif

Can you guess what this logo does?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

nice try, Cincy...looks like a bad hair day, though :P serious, looks like my mom in the morning when she lookin like Ben Wallace :hockeysmiley:

Motown Jammers...wouldn't having a logo featuring someone DUNKING make sense? oh, it makes too much sense, i unnerstan. at least it's not someone taking a jump shot...i was starting to think they were the Motowon Jumpshooters :D

it's like the game, it's not NBA Jumpshot, it's NBA JAM, biotch!!!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived