Great Britain 2014 Olympics

kiwi_canadian

So I was checking up the 2014 Olympic hockey qualifying for Sochi and I saw Great Britain has qualified for the final round of the qualification process. They will be in a pool with Latvia (11), France (14), and Kazakhstan (17). It's a long shot that they will get through but I thought what if? So I did up a concept with the Nike Swift jersey. I used their Team GB logo as the main crest as teams are not aloud to use their federation logo in Olympics now and in this case I'm OK with as I think that Team GB's logo is far superior to the UK ice hockey logo. I also used the sublimated Union Jack flag on the sleeves as I like how Nike did that with Germany, USA and Russia in Vancouver. I also went back in history with this jersey and paid tribute to Great Britain's 1936 gold medal winning team with the striping design on the jersey. If lots like then perhaps I'll do a wee series on Unlikely Olympic qualifiers. Enjoy and C & C always appreciated. Cheers.

sk3jx.png

Excellent design, although I'm not a big fan of the sublimation. I think the rules regarding federation logos must have gone out the window, as like you I was expecting to see the guys in their Olympic logo jerseys, when in fact they were in their usual IHUK kit !! ( see IIHF site tournament pics).

Yes, its a long shot, a very long shot, but I think more importantly it gets them together as a warm up for Hungary in April ( my flights are booked !).

Regards

neilb

Yeah that's the template though. All swift jerseys have the mesh in there.

Anyways, continuing on with the series. The Netherlands have also qualified for the final round of qualification. I've always liked the Dutch colour when it comes to sports with the orange and black. With hockey though, I've decided to keep with their current colour scheme of orange and navy blue. I based the jersey of the 1980 Olympic jersey that they wore is Lake Placid. Those jerseys were navy and white but I wanted to bring in orange. Again, I must admit I have a bit of a thing for those sublimated logos on the sleeves of the jerseys and this is again evident with this jersey and the Dutch lion.

NetherlandsSochi.png

Okay a few more countries that I've done so far:

First up is Australia. Little known fact is that they have actually participated in an Olympic Ice Hockey tournament and that was way back in 1960 in Squaw Valley. They didn't win a game but they did participate.

AustraliaSochi.png

Japan:

JapanSochi.png

Poland:

PolandSochi.png

Estonia:

EstoniaSochi.png

Romania:

RomaniaSochi.png

Love it, the British and Dutch ones are superb.

Seeings as you've done Oz, have you thought about doing one for the Ice Blacks? The silver fern leaf would look great on the sleeve.

lol Talk about long shot. I actually know a couple guys on the Ice Blacks and played with a few of them as well. I will definitely give them a go as I think they have a pretty bland jersey and could do so much more.

I have one minor critique: on international jerseys, the Nike swoosh is on the yoke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

ar4_6429_1024_thumb.jpg

_jef0071_1024_thumb.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived