Tampa Bay Lightning Alt. Concept

oz615

I like this one! Really nice, clean, but different enough to stand out on the ice. It's a little similar to one I had posted back in January of '03, but yours is definitely a cleaner version. Here's mine.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

frylock on your concept did you create the origional lightning jersey font on your own or did you get it from a webiste. I've been looking everywhere for that font, their lightning font and their paintbrush script and I can't find them anywhere, is there any way you can send it to me?

Eh, the paintbrush font kinda sucked. The original number font was great, though, gave the jerseys a unique look. The letters were a bit much, but a more standard letter font with those numbers would've been awesome.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

puckcool and UTampa -- Yep, I created that font myself. I took Roger Clemente's Penguins numbers and modified them for the orginial Lightning number font. For the letters, I modified Roger's basic letter font - or as I call it, the "CCM" font.

It's all in a .bmp file, but if you guys want a copy, just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to ya! :)

And for what it's worth, the Lightning used this font in 1992/93 and an italicized version in 1993/94...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

With a bit of cleaning up, this has great potential. I've wondered a few times during the Stanley Cup Finals why the Lightning don't have a blue jersey. Or if they do, why I've never noticed it. It would certainly look much better than that black and white one they use now. Your idea here is a very good one, and I could see it working in the same way the Sabres jersey works now on a certain level. As I said, though, some cleaning up wouldn't hurt this concept. And I really wish the Bolts would get a new logo now that they've won the Cup... Here's to wishful thinking, though.

Um, oz615, it looks like you borrowed the striping from Sabre7200's old concept. Other than that its ok, a little busy. I'm sure the Lightning will get new unis within the next year or two anyway since they won the cup. And all you fair-weather fans with your Lightning avatars make me sick.

Archived