The GDNHL adjusted

Midway

Nothing fancy with this first set here, just a cleanup and something subtle the organization should have thought of a long time ago

StLouisBlues-1.png

I'm starting here with the Central Division and branching out as time goes along. Thanks for viewing, please leave your thoughts and criticisms.

EDIT: If anyone knows where I can find the trumpet shoulder logo in .svg format, I'd be extremely grateful

Midway.png

Gonna throw in Minnesota to get the ball rolling. I wanted Minnesota's set to embody that old school hockey feel the area embodies and thought a bronzish brown would complement the green well. I find the green and red combo unique but figured it could work better with a different team I have in mind.

MinnesotaWild.png

Here's the Red Wings translated into the template for good measure.

DetroitRedWings.png

Midway.png

I'm not a huge fan of the font you used for the Wild. It's not "old time" feeling and I don't think inverting the logo on the away sweater is the right away to go. Love that you didn't mess with the Red Wings at all.

Really looking forward to watching this series.

Thanks. Good point on the Wild font. It was really kind of a compromise. I thought the numbers evoked the "Wild" aspect of the brand without pushing it over the top. And yea the inversion could stand to look better. I'll have at it again and see what I can do

Midway.png

i think this concept magnifies the number one problem i have with the wild's identity. that logo is really good and really well designed, but it is NOT old school or traditional. and the name "Wild" certainly isn't either. with that name and that logo, the team shouldn't be trying to play original-six dress up. dedicate your concept to one direction, or it's going to be a mish-mash like the real club. either go old school (and create logo package that represents that, possibly including a name change) or go modern with the tools given to you by their inaugural sweaters, logos, and colors.

Blues: The numbers need to be a little thicker, but other than that I like what you've done quite a bit.

Wild: Block numbers would do a world of good, but I disagree with anyone saying the logo should be changed. That logo is among the best-designed in all of sports. It definitely should not be inverted on the white jersey, though... just make it the exact same on both jerseys and add a green outline to the logo on the white jersey and you're golden.

Red Wings: Very outside-the-box. I like it. :P

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• 1 month later...

That is very nice, but, the gradient on the home numbers needs to go. It looks too 90s-ish. The sleeve stripes are creative but I'm not sure how they would look on the ice.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I want to bring something new to the table with each team as I continue this with the Nike Swift cut (which as we all know can be a hassle to work with). I've settled on this presentation style for now but I'd like first thoughts

LosAngelesKings2-1.png

The purple comes back to its rightful place along with a nonLakers gold

ChicagoBlackhawks2-1.png

From the Sauk leader to the 333rd Machine Gun Battalion to the team reviving an Original 6 city back to glory, it just made too much sense.

Some of the slogans will be a bit cheesy but I want to try to really push each team's identity this way. I'll leave those open to suggestion

Midway.png

• 5 weeks later...

Trying out yet another presentation template. This one I really like as it's not too overly spacious and showcases the uniforms well.

LosAngelesKings_zps481a8f6c.png

ChicagoBlackhawks2_zps171ee6c9.png

Thought there was no way the Hawks would ever sport half stripes so I fixed that.

CarolinaHurricanes_zps6e3da96b.png

This idea spawned from the NHL changes thread in which the idea of the Canes flirting with gray breezers was tossed up. I'm pro-gray and decided I'd make a concept showing how I'd like to see it done. One of the secondary goals was to further differentiate Carolina from all the other red and black teams so I made the red a little bit more of a red-orange shade and switched the black to a dark burgundy. The striping is less busy and the hurricane warning flags are slightly widened to better represent the real thing. I'm very pleased with the end result.

NashvillePredators_zpsd8326839.png

I gotta say, I got a little more creative here and a little too triggerhappy with various elements but I think this set is worth showing just for an initial reaction. I used my personal Preds logo and as you can see, it needs to be simplified tremendously. Regardless, I wanted to make the striping a little more edgy to mimic the fang motif and thought the checkerboard pattern could make a subtle return as a hem stripe. I couldn't find the truetype font for their current number font so I tried something a little different though probably not as pleasing to the eye.

Thanks for looking and please leave your thoughts

Midway.png

Trying to get the ball rolling with a Vancouver set

VancouverCanucks_zpsbcfaddca.png

Major props for this design goes to another poster on here who once made a fantastic Winter classic series. He combined the flying V with the stick in rick and I was sold from there so I brought the main idea back to life with this set. I was going to include shoulder patches but I thought it would clutter up what is supposed to be a clean uniform.

Midway.png

Looks promising and I like the idea of combining eras. Two things would make this worlds better though...

1) Change the shade of green to the one currently used. This shade is a little too yellow

2) Return the silver outline to the logo as it will make it pop. Parts of it bleed into the striping as it stands.

Very fair points

VancouverCanucks2_zpsd0cb32e2.png

Some minor color revisions, made the main crest more legible, captains patches placed on the shoulders, and Johnny V on the back of the neck a la football style.

Not getting a lot of feedback so far so I'm assuming that's a good thing :upside:

Midway.png

Archived