NCAA Uniform Concepts

PlatinumAmphibian

I do not want to offend you but these are some of ugliest concepts I have ever seen.

I do not want to offend you but you're still an incompetent jerk.

As for the concepts, uniforms are not meant to be pushed out like burgers at a McDonalds, neither will we genuinely try to critique when these are obviously and badly thrown together. I have to break out this clip again:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you use photoshop? Can you recomend a font, do you think Minnesota is an improvement?

I don't have Photoshop, but a good starting point for fonts can be found in the template folder. It has a lot of the fonts used in the NFL, NHL and NBA.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I just uploaded NC State, i took your advice and downloaded the fonts from here, What do you think? Is it an improvement?

It is definitely an improvement. Remove the black outline from the white numbers. The red helmet facemask looks maroon. The last three uniforms are totally unnecessary, and I really don't get the "wolf" helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I just uploaded NC State, i took your advice and downloaded the fonts from here, What do you think? Is it an improvement?

It is definitely an improvement. Remove the black outline from the white numbers. The red helmet facemask looks maroon. The last three uniforms are totally unnecessary, and I really don't get the "wolf" helmet.

Agreed. Definitely an improvement! I would also get rid of the black outline around the NCs logo on the helmet. I just think it is unnecessary. For the wolf helmet, turn the wolf around so that the nose is facing front and add another wolf on the other side of the helmet. That might look good. Lastly, I still think you a making too many uniforms per team. It is less work and you devote more time to perfecting other uniforms if you cut down to 3 or 4.

Two words: "Free Distort"

You need to learn how to rotate/spin/adjust your helmet logos in 3-dimensional space.

Every single one of your helmets is looking forward at an angle, but the helmet stickers are flat and have no rotation. In other words, your helmets are 3D but the logos are 2D.

Every. Single. One. And it looks terrible.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 3 weeks later...

If 1971 was the Game of the Century, this looks like the Game of the Dark Ages. I'm pretty sure that both Bud Wilkinson and Bob Devaney rolled over in the graves. Also, Tom Osborne and Barry Switzer are coming to beat you with lead pipes.

Also, (and not that you care or notice) but Nebraska is an Adidas school, not Nike, so the Huskers would never have this template or flywire.

11wcOh.jpg

Fb3aah.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

... Can you envision any of these on the field? This is not a "learning Photoshop" issue -- it's a concepting issue. None of the designs I saw in that set are really realistic ...

I know what you're saying but, frankly, a lot of the concepts that get ooohs and ahhhhs here are unrealistic.However, in light of what Maryland has done, what is realistic has been pushed further outward.

FsQiF2W.png

You definitely have a way to go on learning to properly use photoshop, but some of these designs are pretty inventive, and if executed properly would be pretty cool. I just can't handle the Alabama ones. Those are the only ones that I absolutely can not do. You should check out this thread for more info on making stuff look more realistic.

Also, regarding the Oklahoma set - you used two different shades of red on the pants and the jersey?

UyDgMWP.jpg

Archived