Cincinnati Playoff Uniform

Greg_Fryman

Being a Bengals fan since birth I have suffered through some very bad seasons, but now the team has a solid foundation and I can see the playoff's becoming a more familiar sight in Cincinnati. After last years a$$ kicking by the Houston Texans I thought that maybe Marvin Lewis could do something to bring more attitude to the team this time around. I remember Mark Richt going to all black uniforms with Georgia in '07 (or sometime around there) which is where I got the idea. I know the helmet colors are inverted and I added a stripe down the center which the tiger stripes leak out of I am not to sold on the helmet yet but I believe it has some potential to be something. Let me know what you guys think.

bengals_zpsfb06ee25.png

Bengals1_zps41d32474.png

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

I like the idea of a special playoff uniform for Cincinnati. Your execution is great, IMO - I really like this design.

One "big picture" question though - what happens when Cincy plays a road game in the playoffs? Do they go all-white? Or stick with a mostly black look?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Great job Greg. I like how you took tweaked the current logo without going overboard. The white makes sense with the Siberian Tiger. The Bengals have a good look and you've improved it. Nice job my friend. As long as the Bengals lettering on the helmet stays away, I think we're all in better shape. Although I wouldn't mind a young Collinsworth, Ken Anderson, James Brooks and Dan Ross. They had some great players back then.

Kudos and Congrats!

Really like the black tops. Nice to see something without those damn white stripes going down them. I think the white would look good if it were made to look like the 80's white. More than likely wherever Cincy goes in the first round they will be wearing their dreaded white mess.

• 7 months later...

I know this is old, but it showed up under another thread due to the tags. The all white looks AWESOME. Great nod to a story I saw elsewhere in this forum on how the Bengals were named partly due to the white bengal in the Cincinnati zoo. Very cool

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

I know this is old, but it showed up under another thread due to the tags. The all white looks AWESOME. Great nod to a story I saw elsewhere in this forum on how the Bengals were named partly due to the white bengal in the Cincinnati zoo. Very cool

Ha! I was just here, but i didn't want to get a bunch of heat for bumping an old thread. I had the same reaction!

• 3 months later...

Archived