The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

It is strange, I'll give you that. I still won't be watching. I have lacrosse and the CFL to look forward to. Both of those Toronto-based teams are regularly competitive, and not obsessed with their profit margins to the point of insanity.

I just find it funny that you abandoned the Leafs to support the Flyers. How many Cups have the Flyers won since that conversion of yours?

Safe bet would have been to jump on the Red Wings bandwagon. Just saying.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is strange, I'll give you that. I still won't be watching. I have lacrosse and the CFL to look forward to. Both of those Toronto-based teams are regularly competitive, and not obsessed with their profit margins to the point of insanity.

Sorry to go off-topic, but any chance you'll make it down to the Hammer for a Nationals lacrosse game this summer?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

|

|

V

G-d I miss that CBC score bug....

Yeah, sorry about that. I decided the Flyers video was better since it was the last sequence of the Leafs in the playoffs to date, but then I saw you'd already commented on it, so I kinda had to make sure your comment still made some sense. And, for some reason, I couldn't have both videos in there on that post.

spacer.png

Saddam Hussein and the Montréal Expos were alive, Facebook was new, Twitter wasn't even around yet, and Apple stock was worth less than $30.

Wow.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The boards looked like this.

8Nzc3lT.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

|

|

V

G-d I miss that CBC score bug....

Yeah, sorry about that. I decided the Flyers video was better since it was the last sequence of the Leafs in the playoffs to date, but then I saw you'd already commented on it, so I kinda had to make sure your comment still made some sense. And, for some reason, I couldn't have both videos in there on that post.

Hehe, much appreciated :D

There are two things I immediately glean from the Sundin goal video:

1) Holy effing' crap was the ACC on fire after that goal. Try igniting that kind of passion in any market south of the Mason-Dixon. It's impossible.

2) Carolina and their lucky asses deprived us of a Detroit/Toronto Stanley Cup Final. And that really sucks. When was the last O6 Stanley Cup Final? 1979 with the Rangers and Habs? Instead, the wankers who went 3-0 in the OT games in that series went instead, and got pasted by the Red Wings.

spacer.png

When was the last O6 Stanley Cup Final? 1979 with the Rangers and Habs?

That was also the last time the Leafs and Habs met in the playoffs. What other teams can go 32 seasons without meeting in the playoffs and still have such a fierce rivalry?

(Still bitter Kerry)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived