NHLPA denies that they sent offer....

habsfannova

Because Bettman is a moron who doees not trully like hockey, he was brought in from the NBA he is not a hockey man. A true hockey man would not allow thi to happen, and Bettman's hiring may be the single greatest blunder in the history of hockey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well... I don't understand, and maybe I've said this before, how some guys are fighting this salary cap left and right, but are considering jumping over to the WHA, where they have a cap in place! What sense does that make? I mean, I'm all for some of the NHL marquee guys coming to the WHA, especially since Jax is landing a team (go Cudas!), but good grief, how backwards is this? And the WHA's cap is like $30M below what the NHL is offering. Seriously... are these guys *that* damaged?

It is unthinkable a year without hockey. How could bettman allow this to happen to two hockey fanatic nations?

1) Canada.

2) ???

Which is the other fanatic nation? Finland? It sure isn't the U.S.

Perhaps better wording would be two nations with fanatic fans of hockey. Because we do exist, just not in large numbers.

It is unthinkable a year without hockey. How could bettman allow this to happen to two hockey fanatic nations?

Personally I'd love to see a year with no hockey. It will separate the true fans of the game from the flavour-of-the-month fans. For the true fans, there's a saying about absence making the heart grow fonder. And the game will realize that in the future it will need to be more proactive in diagnosing problems and dealing with them.

That, and they have a chance of working out a good system for the players, owners, and fans.

You know, I bet it's all those starving NFL and NBA players who are being held down by the dreaded salary cap who are encouraging the NHL players to fight it. Oh wait...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think that the whole of the NHL will be going crazy if it lets the strike go ahead. Absolutely nuts. Completely bonkers. Totally la-la. Baseball could get away with it (thanks to a lot of luck, with a couple of good world series and a stirring home run chase) Hockey simply cannot allow itself to self destruct like this. It is the 4th game in the US, and doesn't have the same bargainning strength with TV and the rest of the media, that football, baseball and basketball have. (I am talking solely about the US here- in Canada the game is number one!) And therefore the game has to be realistic about its chances.

I think a strike may prolong the life of the WHA for a year or two, but that will always look like a pale immitation of the NHL. As I said, in another post, the NHL needs to be realistic, go back to its canadian roots and assume that a good product will sell in the US. Get rid of Bettman, appoint a strong canadian as commisioner, relocate some teams back to canada, and retract by 4 or 6 teams at least.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think that the whole of the NHL will be going crazy if it lets the strike go ahead. Absolutely nuts. Completely bonkers. Totally la-la. Baseball could get away with it (thanks to a lot of luck, with a couple of good world series and a stirring home run chase) Hockey simply cannot allow itself to self destruct like this. It is the 4th game in the US, and doesn't have the same bargainning strength with TV and the rest of the media, that football, baseball and basketball have. (I am talking solely about the US here- in Canada the game is number one!) And therefore the game has to be realistic about its chances.

I think a strike may prolong the life of the WHA for a year or two, but that will always look like a pale immitation of the NHL. As I said, in another post, the NHL needs to be realistic, go back to its canadian roots and assume that a good product will sell in the US. Get rid of Bettman, appoint a strong canadian as commisioner, relocate some teams back to canada, and retract by 4 or 6 teams at least.

You hit the nail on the head. But I agree with SyPhi - I'm looking forward to a year or two without hockey. The damage done to the NHL is a good thing. I love the fact that the NHL has basically no TV deal to speak of, and that American fans are disinterested. It's all falling into place for the return of NHL hockey to Winnipeg.

if there isn't going to be any hockey, looks like there will be more watching The History Channel until hockey resumes. will miss my thrashers during the up comming lockout. :cry: ive been following this team since their first season in 2000.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived