Canucks to honour the Vancouver Millionaires

randyc

163845819_slide.jpg

163845812_slide.jpg

163843578_slide.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very meh if you ask me. More than anything it just annoyed me watching them knowing that there will now be yet another different colored jersey in circulation around Vancouver.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• 2 weeks later...

If you take away the history and nostalgia factor, it's a pretty basic design. I almost hate it, but I might as well try to tolerate it seeing as how this team just loves to churn out new looks all the time.

It doesn't carry any nostalgia for me. I just like the concept of the V with the letters in it. It sets up well. Certainly better than most other city/letter combinations.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't think it carries any particular nostalgia for anybody.

But you're right, it's a pleasing design. Good color combination, and a solid if unspectacular logo. Wouldn't work as a primary but would make an excellent secondary logo today - I wish they'd use that V patch on their regular sweaters.

Very beautiful uniforms. Unlike many fans, I had no issue with the off-white pants because that was the look back in the day. However, it would have been interesting to see how those uniforms would have evolved over time had the Millionaires not folded.

Archived