Steamrollers logo concepts

I'm playing around with some logos for my PFA franchise. The team will be called the Steamrollers, and I want to use a rhino as the primary logo.

Here are my leading choices right now, but I'm open to sugestions. I'm trying to keep it simple (think Houston Texans), and I don't want to add a lot of detail. Haven't picked colors yet, so these are all b&w....

Please post comments and suggestions.

Thanks!

steamrollers.gif

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I agree with InTheEnd88, #2 is the best. Nice logo - simple and effective.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

im torn... i like the snort on 2 but i agree with sy 4 seems more complete... theres no saying you couldnt use both... like 4 on the helmet and 2 on the sleeve or the pants...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Personally I don't like the snorted steam... seems to gimmicky and ruins the flow of the logo IMO. It's your call though...

Im my opinion, i like the smoke, but i can see your point.

I must say that the outline is a nice touch to this logo. Great job!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think the smoke could look better on an angle and a touch longer. Like going in line with the circle. No, not circular, just rotate it clockwise about 30 degrees or so. it might work better, it might not. It looks great though! very simplistic...and I like that. Also great association with Steamrollers to rhinos. And because of that I think it needs the steam.

P.S. fix that little notch at the top of the outline. Its bugging me for some reason.

I'm all for simplicity, but I think it might be a little too simple. The black space is a little overpowering and it weighs the logo down.

The overall design is great, but I think it'd be a lot clearer with a little definition on the face.

I'm all for simplicity, but I think it might be a little too simple. The black space is a little overpowering and it weighs the logo down.

The overall design is great, but I think it'd be a lot clearer with a little definition on the face.

It's probably not going to be black, but will be a dark color. I think the whitespace offsets it well, but I'll have to try putting it on a dark background.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I think the all-encompassing black outline is unnecessary. I think it's better for a logo to be able to go without an outline, and on this logo it looks especially awkward, as all of the rest of it is pretty heavy and thick, and suddenly there's this thin little outline.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived