Comcast Sportsnet 3D Logos

mmejia

This thread was inspired by the ABC logo treatment thread. It got me to thinking about Comcast. Comcast now has several regional sports networks and television contracts with a handful of NBA teams, Rockets, Warriors, Celtics, 76ers, and Bulls. There might be 1 or 2 more, but that's all I can come up with off the top of my head.

Comcast does some pretty interesting 3D logo treatments for their intro to start the broadcast. The intro ends with an endpage that shows the treated logo on a basketball court. I snapped a few screenshots with my iPhone. I think the Rockets is the most interesting. Here they area:

Rockets

8555142243_8cc6124908_z.jpg8556251416_ae4629291e_z.jpg8555141491_8e87ea3fc9_z.jpg

Warriors

8555158177_3a973c9d2a_z.jpg

8556269002_64441fe03e_z.jpg

Bulls

8556252812_26652410f3_z.jpg8556252218_8a528d6f5d_z.jpg

The Rockets logo is the only one that takes some liberties with its presentation while maintaining the actual design. It plays off of the name "rockets" by depicting an almost photo realistic rocket docked in a launching bay, that also happens to create the Rockets logo.

Thats pretty darn cool. Kind of like a picture within a picture. Shame the others don't do that. That would actually make a cool concept thread...illustrating a team logo using a photo realistic image while staying in the structure of the actual logo(if that makes sense). Probably could only be done in 3D. I could totally see the Warriors logo as a 3D photo realistic bridge, Maybe with some tiny cars on it, and the basketball in the background looking like the sun. Maybe I just need sleep.

This is why I could never understand the hate for the Rockets logo. There's thought behind it and Comcast brings it out here.

I wish they did a little more with the Warriors (the bridge) and the Phillies (make the bell "pop" a little more than that). I like this concept.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

This is why I could never understand the hate for the Rockets logo. There's thought behind it and Comcast brings it out here.

I wish they did a little more with the Warriors (the bridge) and the Phillies (make the bell "pop" a little more than that). I like this concept.

I'd actually argue that the Comcast version saw the idea of the logo better than the team. In the original logo the entire "R" was the rocket, here just one part is, while the other is the launching bay. That is just brilliant and like we have both mentioned before wished this artistic license was taken with other teams.

Archived