Sports Trivia

rmackman

I enjoy good trivia, and I'm all for learning more when I get the chance. I realize we can't create a favorable trivia environment on a message board because there's no time limit, and anyone can go look up the answer on the internet. That being said, I think it would be fun for everyone to post their favorite sports trivia questions on here. It's always nice to go back and stump your friends offline.

This one was asked at a bar I was at a week ago. I got it right. Nobody else did because they all guessed Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan.

Q: Who has the most career points in the NBA through his first 1,000 or less games?

A: Allen Iverson

...yes it's ironic that Allen Iverson was "the Answer"

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I was always amused by this one because rarely anyone ever gets its when I ask it, but....

Who is the only player to play alongside Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and Shaquille O'Neal?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I was always amused by this one because rarely anyone ever gets its when I ask it, but....

Who is the only player to play alongside Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and Shaquille O'Neal?

Corie Blont. Is on the Bulls when Jordan comes back in '95, is on the Lakers in '96 when Magic comes back and is still on the team when Shaq signs as a free agent.

You could also say Karl Malone, Scottie Pippen and John Stockton via the Dream Team although I don't think that really counts.

What two NHl coaches have played alongside Teemu Selanne in there career? Think carefully on this one......

Theres actually three: Randy Carlyle, Joe Sacco and Dan Bylsma

Carlyle is the reason Teemu originally wore 13 when he got to Winnipeg.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Corie Blount. Is on the Bulls when Jordan comes back in '95, is on the Lakers in '96 when Magic comes back and is still on the team when Shaq signs as a free agent.

You could also say Karl Malone, Scottie Pippen and John Stockton via the Dream Team although I don't think that really counts.

Didn't he get arrested or something?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

What do the following baseball players have in common (keep in mind that this is a pretty exhaustive list, so the answer isn't that they all got a single on April 24, or some other such dribble that a gazillion other names could be added to the list):

Babe Ruth

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Ron Santo

Darryl Strawberry

Doc Gooden

Don Kessinger

I'll post the answer later - gotta let you stew on this one for a bit...

It's where I sit.

What do the following baseball players have in common (keep in mind that this is a pretty exhaustive list, so the answer isn't that they all got a single on April 24, or some other such dribble that a gazillion other names could be added to the list):

Babe Ruth

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Ron Santo

Darryl Strawberry

Doc Gooden

Don Kessinger

I think I got it, but I'll put it under spoilers.

They all started and ended their careers in the same city, but on different teams?

Ruth - Boston (Red Sox/Braves)

Aaron - Milwaukee (Braves/Brewers)

Mays - New York (Giants/Mets)

Santo - Chicago (Cubs/White Sox)

Strawberry - New York (Mets/Yankees)

Gooden - New York (Mets/Yankees)

Kessinger - Chicago (Cubs/White Sox)

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Babe Ruth

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Ron Santo

Darryl Strawberry

Doc Gooden

Don Kessinger

They all started and ended their careers in the same city, but on different teams?

Damn impressive. I've stumped people on many an Opening Day with that one!

How about this one: Two-thirds of all MLB players with this first name have been elected to the MLB Hall of Fame. What name is it?

It's where I sit.

Babe Ruth

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Ron Santo

Darryl Strawberry

Doc Gooden

Don Kessinger

How about this one: Two-thirds of all MLB players with this first name have been elected to the MLB Hall of Fame. What name is it?

It's either Joe or Bill.

mcbqza.jpg

Babe Ruth

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Ron Santo

Darryl Strawberry

Doc Gooden

Don Kessinger

I know Robin has half.

BR-reference turned up four results. Robin Robers, Robin Yount, Robin Ventura and Robin Jennings.

100% of Mordecai's are in. Same with Hazen and Early. Seems you had a lot more strange names in baseball back in the day. Personal favorite is Heinie. 22 players in MLB history that went by that name. All gone by the time Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier and there hasn't been a single one since.

Babe Ruth

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Ron Santo

Darryl Strawberry

Doc Gooden

Don Kessinger

I know Robin has half.

BR-reference turned up four results. Robin Robers, Robin Yount, Robin Ventura and Robin Jennings.

100% of Mordecai's are in. Same with Hazen and Early. Seems you had a lot more strange names in baseball back in the day. Personal favorite is Heinie. 22 players in MLB history that went by that name. All gone by the time Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier and there hasn't been a single one since.

My apolgies - I missed Robin Jennings (gotta go look him up, in fact).

Robin was the answer I was looking for, wrong as it was :-)

It's where I sit.

Babe Ruth

Henry Aaron

Willie Mays

Ron Santo

Darryl Strawberry

Doc Gooden

Don Kessinger

I know Robin has half.

My apolgies - I missed Robin Jennings (gotta go look him up, in fact).

Robin was the answer I was looking for, wrong as it was :-)

Misunderstood the question on that one.

mcbqza.jpg

What two NHl coaches have played alongside Teemu Selanne in there career? Think carefully on this one......

Theres actually three: Randy Carlyle, Joe Sacco and Dan Bylsma

Carlyle is the reason Teemu originally wore 13 when he got to Winnipeg.

Never knew about Sacco playing with Teemu, thanks for filling me in on that. And you're right about Carlyle being the reason he wore 13.

Now who did Teemu wear the number to honour during his rookie year?

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Michael Jordan has worn three numbers throughout his illustrious NBA career. We all know he wore #23, and #45 the year he came back from his baseball ventures. What was his 3rd number worn and why did he wear it?

He wore #12 and he wore it because someone swiped his jersey before the game.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Michael Jordan has worn three numbers throughout his illustrious NBA career. We all know he wore #23, and #45 the year he came back from his baseball ventures. What was his 3rd number worn and why did he wear it?

He wore #12 and he wore it because someone swiped his jersey before the game.

Easy one. It's one of my "go-to" trivia questions. IIRC it was in Orlando in 1990.

Here's another (that's easily looked up, but it's another "go-to"):

Who are the only 2 teams to appear in the NCAA Tournament's "Play-In Game" (2001-2010) more than once? Which of those teams also lost the first (2001) and last (2010) "Play-In Game," the only team ever to lose more than one?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Here's another question (possibly harder than the Jordan question):

When was the last time there was no Game 7 played in a Stanley Cup postseason?

------------

NBA player who played for over a decade and had a top selling record in an obscure genre. Name him.

Answer below:

Wayman Tisdale, way to give up on googling an answer you dolt
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived