MLB Minimalist Designs Concept

Fox

Saw this thread as well as versions for the NBA and NFL. Decided to attempt a baseball version. Some of the teams I really like what I did with them. Others, such as the Twins and Padres, I'm not so sure about.

MLBMinimalism.png

I tried not to use cap logos, but for a few teams their cap logo truly is the best minimal design for them. I'm looking for suggestions and plan on updating this based on the feedback I get.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Nost of these could be simplified even more. Rather than just taking pieces of logos and just stripping down the colors, I'd block out the basic shapes a little more. For example, on the Cards' set, it'd be more minimal to silhouette the birds on bat rather than just taking the detailed head and removing color. Many of your ideas are a good start, but the "minimalism" could be pushed further.

I think Atlanta, Chicago (Sox) and KC are closer to what you're aiming for.

Please, for the love of God, don't use the maple leaf for the Blue Jays. You have no idea how much having it as the BP cap logo pisses off Jays fans. We know it's Canada's team. It doesn't need to be spelled out for us. Not to mention, it bring up the other Toronto team that wears a leaf... ugh.

On the other hand, really like the Nationals, Phillies, Braves, Indians, Angels, D-Backs, Sox and Red Sox. I'd probably flip the colours for the Red Sox, though, so they have, ya know, red socks.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like the idea behind this, but I think there need to be some hat logos. The Mets' design, for instance, is just begging for the interlocking orange NY. I'd argue that the Twins and D-backs, while good ideas, need some cleaning up.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

I like the idea behind this, but I think there need to be some hat logos. The Mets' design, for instance, is just begging for the interlocking orange NY. I'd argue that the Twins and D-backs, while good ideas, need some cleaning up.

For the NY teams, definitely feel like their identities are tied to their respective NY marks. The Mets, at the very least, if avoiding the lettermarks, should have a simplified version of the skyline. It took me too long to figure out it was supposed to be the top part of an apple.

For the D-backs, I would have rather seen a take on the 'db' snakehead logo instead. Maybe use the details from the eyes and the tongue instead.

Definitely agree with Shumway that those three teams he named, Atlanta, ChiSox, and KC are the kind of distillation to aim for.

8VvwoNps.png

• 1 year later...

Can I buy this somewhere? I have an NHL one. Want all 4 leagues.

don't bump old threads.

So I should make a new topic on something that already has a thread? Search --> reply is standard forum fare.

No, it is against the rules to bump a thread that hasn't been posted in for more than six months. Check out the Forum Guidelines thread.

Archived