If NIKE ruled the B1G (REBOOTED! Nebraska + Maryland added 8/3/13)

TheOneAndOnlyMau

As a Michigan fan, I'm not a fan of the numbers on the helmet. The rest looks really good! I don't think many Wolverine fans will like the change on the home uniform, but I do. I would replace the M with TV numbers however.

For the rest of the designs, I really like them for the majority. As a Wisconsinite, I'm not a fan of the Badgers helmet. I would prefer what they have, or if you do change it, I would invert what they have (red helmet, white W). Really like that Northwestern set!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so now....moving on to something new!

Ohio State - i'll start with the "boring" one. As much as i hate OSU i truly believe that they have one of the best sets in all of college football so it was really hard for me to mess with stuff. i drew heavy inspiration from last years "The Game" uniforms...Black facemasks have been added full time along with a thicker stripe. A new number font replaces the classic block - the iconic full sized numbers are now the standard too. Contrasting inner collar/sleeve cuffs have been added (a la last year's FC Barcelona kits) and the block O is now featured on the hip of the pants

Home:

OSU-01_zps9a9e6b23.jpg

Away:

OSU_away-01_zpse3dd5388.jpg

Indiana - The hoosiers are in desperate need of a uniform overhaul (no not just adding a bunch of :censored:ty useless helmets) so thats what i gave them. I went with the traditional crimson and cream color scheme (im having some color export issues) and drew inspiration from the basketball teams famous warmup pants for the striping scheme which is found on the helmets, jerseys and pants. Home jerseys read "Hoosiers" (home fans are familiar), away reads "Indiana" (to better identify the away team) - FYI this is a common theme for me when designing a home/away set with a prominent wordmark on the chest

Home:

INDIANA-01_zps4d72cf25.jpg

Away:

INDIANA_away-01_zps480d6549.jpg

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

damn... i forgot someone

Rutgers - so for this one i wanted to change a couple of things from my previous design. I hate the current look and love the look the had previously (since it reminded me of PSU) so i wanted to meet in the middle between the old set and my previous design. I went with the primarily red/white look, keeping the oversized speed machine collars and cuffs white and creating new "Rutgers" and "New Jersey" wordmarks for the home and away sets (keeping with the indiana principle). The one thing i do love about the current set however is the pants stripe so i used that as a common design element. This is now found on the pants (in two colors instead of three) and as the helmet stripe. I used a slab serif font to throw back to the older set as well

Home:

RUTGERS-01_zps85b70acc.jpg

Away:

RUTGERS_away-01_zps7deaa5ce.jpg

I don't like how you put new jersey on the road jersey. The home should say knights or scarlet knights, while the road should say rutgers

This. They don't use New Jersey in their branding.

Thats why i chose to use it. I think its a huge missed opportunity for the university.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Hopefully ill have one or two more done tonight

Nebraska - Ill go ahead and get another one of the "boring" changes out of the way. Like Ohio State and Michigan, Its really really hard to touch anything on nebraskas uniform and make it much better than it already is - theres just too much history and tradition. I had a couple of ideas for small tweaks but i didnt like how any of them ended up looking. In the end i basically adapted the current design to the new nike template and worked on finding a font that i thought would be a good middle ground between their throw/fauxback uniform and the standard block. I also chose to keep the oversized look to the sleeve stripes... I had thought about thining them out a lot and fitting the tv numbers on the sleeves but i think it would end up being too close to the wisconisn set and im trying to differentiate them as much as possible. Im pretty happy with how it looks and i think it helps distance the set from anything that looks too close to the new wisconsin set. I also moved the nike swoosh to the collar so the nebraska patch can be featured "over the heart"

Home:

NEBRASKA-01_zps5aef37c9.jpg

Away:

NEBRASKA_away-01_zps0bf83b50.jpg

Maryland - Right now Maryland is a mess. IMO theyre close to something good but its just not there yet. For this one i chose to keep the new distinctive "pride" helmet as the full time standard but tone down the rest of the uniform and try to tie in some elements from previous sets that placed more emphasis on red and white as the primary colors with yellow/black being relegated to accent colors. I was thinking about keeping the maryland wordmark across the chest but im not sure how it would look

Home:

MARYLAND-01_zpsdd751b54.jpg

Away:

MARYLAND_away-01_zps15e37a98.jpg

ALSO - for those wondering about a possible template release... we'll see. Maybe in the future. Id like to use it a bit more and work out all the kinks to make sure its 100% the way i want it before releasing it to the masses. Stay tuned

that northwestern design is beauitful. as a michigan fan, i definitely like what you did. as a pennsylvanian and being forced to see penn state gear everywhere, they are in need of a slight update and i think you nailed it.

My thought on the New Jersey thing.....Rutgers and The B1G want to be associated with New York City, so I really don't think they'd do that. I could see a New Jersey state patch, but don't think they'd go much farther than that.

• 1 month later...

Archived