MLB Expansion 2007?

NoHoJoe

If MLB were to expand to 32 teams in 2007, there would be Four teams per division- East, Central, Midwest, and West being the divisions. Here is a possible breakdown:

NL East- Expos, Mets, Phillies, Marlins

NL Central- DC, Braves, Pirates, Reds

NL Midwest- Cubs, Cards, Astros, Rockies

NL West- Diamond Backs, Padres, Dodgers, Giants

AL East- Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles

AL Central-Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Indians, Tigers

AL Midwest-White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Royals

AL West- Rangers, Angels, A's, Mariners

Four Division Champs and four division wild cards; the playoffs will be 1 through 8 seedings ( 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7 et al) The first 2 rounds will be a best out of 5 series, with the LCS and WS remaining best out of 7.

Comments welcome!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Tampa Bay NEEDS to be contracted (Bad stadium, bad baseball team, bad ownership) and so will a National League Team (Florida if they can't get that stadium deal in Miami). Look for that in 2008 as per the CBA.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Toronto hasn't drawn that well from when I looked at the Box score. 14,500 on Friday night not sounding too good. Memphis, Louisville, Fresno, Sacramento would all be good choices for Toronto and Montreal.

AAA should get out of Canada too, Ottawa has drawn terrible last few seasons around 1,500.

I would move Ottawa to Jacksonville or Reading. Move Edmonton to Tijauna,Saltillo Sarape, or Monterrey (all drawing over 8,000 - 12,000)

Tampa Bay to Norfolk or Columbus

Toronto hasn't drawn that well from when I looked at the Box score. 14,500 on Friday night not sounding too good.

We haven't drawn that well, but we're definately not the worst out there in terms of attendence.

How bout you check the attendence for Saturday's game?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I didn't look but TB is pathetic

Okay, then I'll look for you...

We drew 30,000 on Saturday.

Now that the 'lull' of the season is over (April-May-June) expect to see Jays attendence averaging over 20,000 a night. With the Yankees coming to town next month I wouldn't be surprised if we topped 40,000 a few nights in a row.

We draw, just not every day.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Tampa Bay NEEDS to be contracted (Bad stadium, bad baseball team, bad ownership) and so will a National League Team (Florida if they can't get that stadium deal in Miami). Look for that in 2008 as per the CBA.

I hope Tampa does get contracted. Then the Brewers can go back to the AL where they belong.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Toronto hasn't drawn that well from when I looked at the Box score. 14,500 on Friday night not sounding too good. Memphis, Louisville, Fresno, Sacramento would all be good choices for Toronto and Montreal.

AAA should get out of Canada too, Ottawa has drawn terrible last few seasons around 1,500.

I would move Ottawa to Jacksonville or Reading. Move Edmonton to Tijauna,Saltillo Sarape, or Monterrey (all drawing over 8,000 - 12,000)

Tampa Bay to Norfolk or Columbus

There's one Canadian team leaving AAA this year: the Edmonton Trappers are playing their final season in Alberta before they resurface as the AAA version of the Round Rock Express next year, and the AA Express will stay in the Texas League, but as the Corpus Christi Hooks. As for the Ottawa Lynx, if I had my choice, I'd move them to Jacksonville (where they have a brand-new 11,000 seat stadium waiting)...

QPR%20Sig.png

the florida marlins have a stadium deal in place just some i's and t's left to cross. The MIAMI marlins will stay in miami for the next 30 years. :D no contraction or relocation here. plus MLB will not expand until the Expos, Twins, and A's have a home. if MLb does expand it will be probably after 2010. they are having a hard enough time looking for a home for montreal they might have to relocate minnesota and oakland (maybe to san jose). tampa nearly has a solid deal with tampa to stay there. as for toronto sad to say if they don't cut their losses MLB will have to move them, even though it most likely won't happen.

1997 | 2003

"Triple AA should get out of Canada too, Ottawa has drawn terrible last few seasons around 1,500.

"I would move Ottawa to Jacksonville or Reading. Move Edmonton to Tijauna, Saltillo Sarape, or Monterrey (all drawing over 8,000 - 12,000)."

NEWS FLASH!

Edmonton will move in 2005 to Round Rock and become the Astros' new Trip-A affil. Ottawa will likely move to Harrisburg/Lancaster, PA as well.

"The Florida Marlins have a stadium deal in place just some i's [to dot] and t's left to cross. The MIAMI Marlins will stay in Miami for the next 30 years. :D No contraction or relocation here. Plus MLB will not expand until the Expos, Twins, and A's have a home. If MLB does expand it will be probably after 2010. They are having a hard enough time looking for a home for Montreal they might have to relocate Minnesota and Oakland (maybe to San Jose). Tampa [bay] nearly has a solid deal with Tampa to stay there. As for Toronto sad to say if they don't cut their losses, MLB will have to move them even though it most likely won't happen."

The sticking point of contention is that the Florida State Legislature, dangling hung chads and all (you knew I had to say that) is refusing to give the Marlins the monies neccessary to help build that ballpark, and if that doesn't come through, well, you can all but see the Marlins swimming with the mobsters. Minnesota will get their ballpark and stay in the Twin Cities, warts and all from their state legislature before next year. The Expos will become the Washington Senators, Generals or whatever, the A's will likely stay in the area, either Oakland (new Clorox Park, mayhaps?) or San Jose (Apple Field?), and unless Tampa Bay improves on the field, in the stands and with new ownership, the Rays may be, quoting Roberto Duran Duran, no mas if you get the picture taken by a Polaroid.

I'm a Twins fan, so it pains me to say this, but they have to contract the Twins. They will never get a ballpark. The people in the Twin Cities have the notion that they should not be paying for the ballpark. Good for them (though I do hope they cave). Plus the Vikings are whining for a stadium and they are more important in the Twin Cities than the Twins.

The Twins will be gone after 2006

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

the A's will never move to san jose the giants claim territorial rights to santa clara county (and rightfully so) and even have a single a affiliate that plays in a ballpark right next door to the sharks training facility, Logitech Ice

the only hope for the A's staying in the bay area is to get a ballpark built somewhere in eastern alameda county if they cant get it built in downtown oakland. (and after what al davis put the voters in oakland through over his stadium deal, dont expect any ballpark proposal to pass)

NoHoJoe, if you're saying MLB will expand into DC, and the Expos will be in the NL East, where do you see them calling home? Norfolk? San Juan? Surely not Montreal...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

NoHoJoe, if you're saying MLB will expand into DC, and the Expos will be in the NL East, where do you see them calling home? Norfolk? San Juan? Surely not Montreal...

Just think if the Expos left Montreal, what will be the summer events in the "Big Owe"?

Montreal loves-and needs- baseball, and if Bud Selig sells the Expos to somebody who WILL keep the team in Montrealand build a new retractable roff stadium, or retro-fit the Big Owe,like dismantling the old roof that was supposed to be retractable after the Olympic Games and replace it with a real retractable roof, then Montrealers will be happy.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Archived