Pittsburgh Rugby Concept - Updated with Final Version

Rampart

Very nice. It suits the Steel City well. If you're looking for a presenting sponsor for the shirts, The Pittsburgh area does have a lot of companies with some level of presence in the area. Heinz, AE Outfitters, 84 Lumber, PNC, and of course, US Steel, are just a few examples.

I have the jerseys in an another illustrator file with a bunch of corporate logos (GNC, Giant Eagle, PNC, Range Resources, etc.) That way I can put custom proposals together for each possible advertising partner. I just want to get some feedback on a the design from a community of people who are passionate about logos and uniforms. I'm wondering if I should put the city crest watermark on the back of the shirts as well. There may be sponsors above and below the numbers.

The guy running the show is stuck on the idea of putting a silhouette of the Pittsburgh skyline on the front, but I've been unable to make it look like anything but a solid blob with some shapes on top. I hate when people with do eye for design have brilliant ideas that they just HAVE to implement.

There's still a lot of work to do, but we're planning for summer of 2014 at Highmark Stadium.

What do you think of the logo and jerseys? Should anything be added, subtracted or tweaked? I thinking about white sleeves for the black jersey.

Rampart - I am assuming this is rugby league as opposed to rugby union, as I recognise your name and the tie in with Pittsburgh from another forum. Anyway - I love the colors, they scream Pittsburgh, and I love the chevron on the chest, the iconic symbol of rugby league. Great job. Good luck in your quest to play in the USARL.

Thanks. We're pretty excited about the new stadium. It's primarily a soccer stadium which should work better than high school football fields. The fan experience should be great.

I did some tweaking to the logo. Didn't like the "mallet" style hammer and replaced it with a metal sledgehammer head.

Hammers-w-sledge.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Look closer. The wordmark is similar. The "crossed hammers"(especially similar rendering treatment). The Pittsburgh skyline from one of my concepts. The biggest issue is the blatant rip-off of the name. I have already reported Rampant. Shameful, shameful..

It's nothing like your concept besides the name and colors and you probably weren't the first to name a team the hammers, you defenantly weren't the first guy to use those colors for Pitt, the skyline of Pittsburgh is the skyline of Pittsburgh it wouldn't have changed from when you drew it and he drew it. Your deffs not the first person to do crossed objects behind a sheild and his wordmark isn't the same as yours. You are the one who should be getting in trouble for having dupe accounts

Look closer. The wordmark is similar. The "crossed hammers"(especially similar rendering treatment). The Pittsburgh skyline from one of my concepts. The biggest issue is the blatant rip-off of the name. I have already reported Rampant. Shameful, shameful..

The wordmark is not similar. The rendering of the hammers is not similar. And seriously? The use of the skyline? There are some similarities, to be sure...but come on.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Rampart, this team name and alot of the concepts are rip-offs from my Pittsburgh Hammers basketball team. I made a thread back on November 14, 2012. Here is the link: http://boards.sports...burgh +hammers.

The colors, wordmark, I mean.. where do I begin? What's the deal??

I'm sure you're not the first person to come up with the name "Hammers" for a team in Pittsburgh. I don't think you have enough evidence to call foul.

As for the concept, I love it. Rendering is clean and I like how glossy it looks. Fantastic.

I think for the secondary logo I'd go with the simpler skyline (the 3rd image). You wouldn't go wrong with either one, but I like the simplicity of the smaller skyline.

I think the only thing that bothers me about the main logo is the large negative space between the wordmark and the logo. There is such a gap they seem to be separate elements instead of being one unit.

Rampart, this team name and alot of the concepts are rip-offs from my Pittsburgh Hammers basketball team. I made a thread back on November 14, 2012. Here is the link: http://boards.sports...burgh +hammers.

The colors, wordmark, I mean.. where do I begin? What's the deal??

Your top logo is a Knicks ripoff. What's the deal??

sig.png

Archived