Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Thornton-Marleau-Couture pinball wizard" overtime winner was very impressive. Since Quick is a Hasek-style mobile goalie, the only way to beat him is to create lots of moving traffic, combined with single-touch puck movement. They partially solved him in Game 2, and got to him tonight. Now both teams have taken advantage of a 5-on-3, which has resulted in wins for each team the last two games.

I'm not all that panicky, since it's been home teams winning the first three games, and the Sharks did lose only twice in regulation at Silicon Valley all season (compared to the Kings' four regulation home losses). But let's see what Game 4 has in store on Tuesday. This series isn't over by a long shot.

Speaking of Tuesday, I find it idiotic that this series has already reached Game 4, yet the Bruins-Rangers series hasn't even played their Game 2 yet.

Game 4 a must win for the Kings? Not even close.

If, a round ago, the Kings trailed the Blues 0-2 and rallied for two needed home wins before Game 5 and 6 thrillers, then yes, Tuesday is a must-win for them, momentum-wise. It's not as much as a must-win as for the Sharks, but it's a must-win, nonetheless.

The "Thornton-Marleau-Couture pinball wizard" overtime winner was very impressive. Since Quick is a Hasek-style mobile goalie, the only way to beat him is to create lots of moving traffic, combined with single-touch puck movement. They partially solved him in Game 2, and got to him tonight. Now both teams have taken advantage of a 5-on-3, which has resulted in wins for each team the last two games.

I'm not all that panicky, since it's been home teams winning the first three games, and the Sharks did lose only twice in regulation at Silicon Valley all season (compared to the Kings' four regulation home losses). But let's see what Game 4 has in store on Tuesday. This series isn't over by a long shot.

Speaking of Tuesday, I find it idiotic that this series has already reached Game 4, yet the Bruins-Rangers series hasn't even played their Game 2 yet.

Yeah, I thought Marleau shot the puck and it rebounded to Couture, but watched the replay and it was just a great passing play from Thornton to Marleau to Couture.

One of the NBC guys said the "law firm of Thornton, Marleau and Couture" not sure what law firm has to do with the Sharks, but kind of has a nice ring to it after thinking about it. But I also like the pinball wizard(s).

Sharks needed this one, I think just for confidence. Games here on out are even bigger for both teams. While I was talking with a family friend that is visiting I had the game on in the background and kept checking, but missed a bit of the first, most of the second, but got to watch the last half of the third period and the OT period. Though it looked like it was pretty evenly matched game, hard-hitting physical play.

After Couture scored, they showed Quick skating off looking like he was talking to someone off camera, was it a ref and mad at a call or was he mad at a player, either SJ or one of his own teammates?

Also bracket updated. Good game tonight, but Sharks can't have those lazy passes in their own zone. Anyway onto Game 4: Go Sharks!!

People sometimes like to put "the law firm of" before groups of names because it's mildly humorous. Don't pay it much more mind than that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

People sometimes like to put "the law firm of" before groups of names because it's mildly humorous. Don't pay it much more mind than that.

If that's all he (NBC guy - what the hell is his name?) was going for then yeah I doubt it will catch on. I thought he was trying to come up with a good nickname for the line.

Jonathan Quick could be subject to supplemental discipline for his actions following the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 overtime loss to the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.

The Kings were beaten on a goal by Logan Couture after the Sharks played the entire 89 seconds of overtime on the power play. The Kings were received penalties for both hooking and goaltender interference in the final minute of regulation play.

After conceding the game winner, Quick immediately skated out of his crease and was visibly upset.

Quick was assessed a 10-minute and game misconduct after the whistle. According to multiple reports the penalties were for abuse of an official.

According to Rule 39.5 of the NHL Rule Book a game misconduct for abuse of an official may be subject to supplemental discipline.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Jonathan Quick could be subject to supplemental discipline for his actions following the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 overtime loss to the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.

The Kings were beaten on a goal by Logan Couture after the Sharks played the entire 89 seconds of overtime on the power play. The Kings were received penalties for both hooking and goaltender interference in the final minute of regulation play.

After conceding the game winner, Quick immediately skated out of his crease and was visibly upset.

Quick was assessed a 10-minute and game misconduct after the whistle. According to multiple reports the penalties were for abuse of an official.

According to Rule 39.5 of the NHL Rule Book a game misconduct for abuse of an official may be subject to supplemental discipline.

Gravity-Falls-Gifs-gravity-falls-31887807-500-378.gif

If, a round ago, the Kings trailed the Blues 0-2 and rallied for two needed home wins before Game 5 and 6 thrillers, then yes, Tuesday is a must-win for them, momentum-wise. It's not as much as a must-win as for the Sharks, but it's a must-win, nonetheless.

By that logic, every game is a "must-win".

By that logic, every game is a "must-win".

Exactly. If the Kings showed anything in that Blues series, it's that they don't have a problem turning around momentum. Lost two on the road, won six in a row. (Unfortunately and sickeningly) this Kings group has show a lot of resiliency and confidence.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Lights Out is probably just spooked from the Clippers blowing a 2-0 lead. Once the Grizz gained momentum in that series, they slaughtered the Clippers the rest of the way.

But I think there are too many differences in the situations to really begin thinking the Kings are in danger of doing the same, at this point in time.

spacer.png

Jonathan Quick could be subject to supplemental discipline for his actions following the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 overtime loss to the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.The Kings were beaten on a goal by Logan Couture after the Sharks played the entire 89 seconds of overtime on the power play. The Kings were received penalties for both hooking and goaltender interference in the final minute of regulation play.After conceding the game winner, Quick immediately skated out of his crease and was visibly upset.Quick was assessed a 10-minute and game misconduct after the whistle. According to multiple reports the penalties were for abuse of an official.According to Rule 39.5 of the NHL Rule Book a game misconduct for abuse of an official may be subject to supplemental discipline.

I thought I saw Quick skating over to someone but the angle on NBC the person was off camera, I suspected it was an official. So he got a game misconduct for abuse towards an official? Did something happen before the Couture goal or maybe he was just pissed at the two late calls? I just was so weird, I was like what is he doing?

Edit: In case anyone is interested, here's the Quick Game Misconduct.

http://youtu.be/glytpu-2XXU

Archived