Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Taking the pulse of the internet, we've gone right from "Hawks in 4" to "Wings in 5." Team effort from arrogant Wings fans and paranoid Hawks fans.

Is it the Cubification of the Blackhawks fanbase, or do all fanbases have a panicky vocal minority like that these days? Seems absolutely ridiculous, but I see it a lot more. (Blame Twitter?)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I've ever had the misfortune of watching a power play unit as wretched as that of the New York Rangers.

2-36 this postseason. That's a 5.5% effectiveness. They are the Ben Francisco of power plays.

The camera angle in Ottawa seems askew tonight.

Holy :censored: ing scheiße. What the hell is this? It's on the left blueline, for 'cripes sakes. It's Long Island, but higher, which is stupid since NBC (can't speak for TSN) had their camera angle in that building at the older, higher perched view that cuts right down center.

spacer.png

We never got around to having that HFBoards Bad Thought Aggregator we should have started, but this is just a masterpiece so I'm posting it here:

I may be naive, but I've always wondered how useful these ads are as seen on the boards. Does the money spent for a Dunkin Donuts ad for instance eventually filter back to Dunkin Donuts? Etc. I'm not clear as to the effect.

IMHO, advertisers hope that fans in the building and watching the game on TV recognize and remember the sponsor and then patronize the sponsor.

Congratulations, you've just used your humble opinion to solve advertising. Way to go, seaward.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought you started a CCSLC version of that, and it quickly got shuttered.

I doooon't think I did. I did start a thread in the Lounge called "Posts That Make You Go Hmmmm," which was supposed to be for aggregating our own inscrutable posts, like "what is this im in phone" and every fifth dfwabel post, and that was deleted, but I don't think I ever did the HFBoards thread.

Oh and Danny Alfredsson is tremendous. I've always liked him a great deal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought you started a CCSLC version of that, and it quickly got shuttered.

I doooon't think I did. I did start a thread in the Lounge called "Posts That Make You Go Hmmmm," which was supposed to be for aggregating our own inscrutable posts, like "what is this im in phone" and every fifth dfwabel post, and that was deleted, but I don't think I ever did the HFBoards thread.

Oh and Danny Alfredsson is tremendous. I've always liked him a great deal.

Haven't us two and like two other guys here always talk about starting an "awful HFBoards ideas" thread but never get around to doing it?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I was about to walk away from the game with 50 seconds left when the Penguins were hogging the puck behind their net.

I'm glad I didn't.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived