How the NFL Would Look in My Perfect World: Updates

8BW14

Your Patriots update made the color balance even worse. Now the only blue in the set is in the outlines of numbers. I strongly suggest making the road pants blue, and the facemask blue as well. That would make the color balance look good.

I don't see how that is worse. The dominant color on both sets is red. I tried the blue facemask which looked ok with the road but looked so out of place with the home.

Look at it this way. The main part of the logo is blue. The majority of the sleeves is blue. The central color on the helmet, pants, and socks stripe is blue. Why not have a blue facemask? I just think it would look better that way.

Oh, and go with the second Jets helmet.

I understand where you are coming from and really appreciate your genuine input on the uniforms, but I think I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I see red as the central color of the uniform.I really wanted to get away from navy blue dominating the Patriots uniforms. I think the numbers on the road look better blue so i will change that back, but I'm really happy with the Patriots otherwise.

Could you try it where the shoulder stripes on the away are red and sleeves blue, or vice-versa I think it would look good

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving this, except the Pats. First off, blue should be the primary colour always (in the war, the other side wore red). Second, if you want to bring back some old school flair, bring back the original striping.

Thats a good point. I never even considered that. I may completely redo the Pats, since it seems to be a miss with most, after I get the rest of the AFC up.

I don't know that the Pats cannot be red for that reason. They wore red for years before the early 1990s change. I'd like them to wear red, particularly since Red/Blue teams (Giants, Bills, Texans) tend to favor blue.

Your "perfect world" is not "perfect" to me, but there are a lot of improvements. Most notably:

• Pittsburgh: block numbers just work on that uniform
  • Titans: I agree with you on the flame. It's just added-on "Kewl" that really does not work.
  • Bills: Love the red helmets
  • Dolphins: This is close to what I was hoping they'd do. I am one of the few that prefers the new logo, but I don't like their minimal use of orange.

The only real beef I have is with the Texans' helmets. I don't think that quite works with the horns. I also don't like asymmetrical helmet stripes (As Arizona has done for much of their history), but when I realized it was a really long Texas flag...well points for creativity. I could live with that, but I'd stick with the logo on the helmet because 1) it's a great logo, 2) I don't think stripes down the helmet work with "that kind of helmet (i.e., stripes down the middle would not work for the Vikings, Eagles, or Rams, 3) the helmet ends up with too much blue on the side, and 4) my you'd either have to have a blue horn on the left side of the helmet (too much blue) or another red horn (not true to the logo).

EDIT: Just went back and saw you used red on both horns...the better option, but I think the helmet works great with the logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

AFC West

Denver Broncos

I gave the Broncos a bit of a facelift here. I have never really been a fan of the swoopy pant stripe so, its gone and there is a new helmet stripe.

Denverhome_zpsfcbc91b1.pngDenveraway_zpsde466246.png

Kansas City Chiefs

Diehard Chiefs fans won't like these. In fact, if these ever made an appearance in the real world, I would probably not be a fan. There are very few ways to go with KC because they have very good uniforms, so I added black to the uniform and I think it could work.

KansasCityhome_zpsc24b127a.pngKansasCityaway_zps05ebe0ad.png

Los Angeles Raiders.

With a new stadium in LA, what the heck. I moved the Raiders to LA. I cant say I love the raiders uniforms but i respect their refusal to change and black and silver is just cool.

Oaklandhome_zps1aa33bfd.pngOaklandaway_zps9a303bfc.png

San Diego Chargers

I prefer the navy and yellow chargers and I kept the white helmet. No more Nike collar either, so here you go.

SanDiegohome_zpsdc7d76f6.pngSanDiegoaway_zps3e0a116d.png

Let me know what you guys think. I always appreciate any comments and c&c. Thanks.

P.S.- just got an idea. Blue alternate for New England and red stays the primary.

Patriots road update.

NewEnglandaway_zps57078042.png

AFC West

Denver Broncos

I gave the Broncos a bit of a facelift here. I have never really been a fan of the swoopy pant stripe so, its gone and there is a new helmet stripe.

Kansas City Chiefs

Diehard Chiefs fans won't like these. In fact, if these ever made an appearance in the real world, I would probably not be a fan. There are very few ways to go with KC because they have very good uniforms, so I added black to the uniform and I think it could work.

Los Angeles Raiders.

With a new stadium in LA, what the heck. I moved the Raiders to LA. I cant say I love the raiders uniforms but i respect their refusal to change and black and silver is just cool.

San Diego Chargers

I prefer the navy and yellow chargers and I kept the white helmet. No more Nike collar either, so here you go.

Let me know what you guys think. I always appreciate any comments and c&c. Thanks.

P.S.- just got an idea. Blue alternate for New England and red stays the primary.

Patriots road update.

For the chiefs maybe you could do something like the jags did with their helmets and have white facemask with red fading into white

AFC West

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Raiders.

San Diego Chargers

Patriots road update.

Strong effort! Idk if I like the black face mask on KC's helmet. I think the number on SD should be bolder.

Championship%20Banners.jpg.png

Opinions on the latest crop:

Broncos-The road set doesn't look right without navy numbers. The helmet would be navy but very little else would be. I'd either switch the Broncos' helmet to either white or orange or (preferred) go back to navy numbers on the road whites.

Chiefs-Adding the black just seems unnecessary. I can't really say there's a way to improve upon the Chiefs' uniforms.

Raiders-Outside of the now black facemask I see no other significant changes. Another uniform in which is hard to improve upon.

Chargers-I'm not a fan of the skinnier retro font. It'd be hard to see those yellow numbers both in the stands and at home on TV when the Chargers wear white.

Patriots-Not really a critique but these remind me a lot of the Arizona Wildcats. If the Patriots ever wore these I'd recommend a metallic fabric for the pants rather than a flat red.

Chiefs: The Black facemask doesn't work, but that Chiefs uniform is solid otherwise. I really like it, gives the uniform a modern update.

Broncos: Don't like what you've done here with the sides. Otherwise, yes 100%.

Raiders: Yee got it.

Chargers: Not so sure about the font choice.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Alright thanks for all of you guys taking the time to look at my AFC concepts. I really appreciate it and the feedback has been very helpful.

The NFC North will be up tomorrow, Thanks again.

I really like the orange numbers on the Broncos - nice job. I think if you changed the navy to a lighter shade of blue, ala Boise State, however, it would make the orange 'pop' more.

Also, I hate to be 'that guy', but I could ask where you got the helmet template from? I think I found one similar somewhere in one of the pinned template topics, but when I opened it in Phitoshop and tried to recolor it, it was very messy. I was wondering If there's another template out there or if my PS knowledge is lacking.

Cheers.

NFC North

Chicago Bears

The Chicago Bears have such a classy and well done uniform so, not a big change here for the Bears. The home uniform is exactly the same but i updated the road stripes to match the home.

Chicagohome_zpsbbfe1d9e.pngChicagoaway_zps7b2d0103.png

Detroit Lions

I absolutely love the Lions shade of blue and that being said, I think it looks good with the black accents, but it looks great without it so i dropped all of the black from the uniforms.

Detroithome_zpsccb4080d.pngDetroitaway_zpsaf67d516.png

Green Bay Packers

The packers have a very good look, but there are some small pieces that I just don't care for. I changed the striping pattern on the sleeves back to a five stripe pattern and I removed the collar stripes, which, in my opinion, makes for a cleaner looking uniform.

GreenBayhome_zpsd2525049.pngGreenBayaway_zps03f60af0.png

Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota was so close to perfection with their new uniform unveil. I have a couple small gripes, which were easy to change and make some improvements to. I was surprised that i actually liked the idea of the spikes on the numbers, but I don't think they were executed the way they should have been so I think i have fixed those.

Minnesotahome_zps8be97c66.pngMinnesotaaway_zps13f0e24a.png

This was a fun division to do and its one of my favorites so i would really appreciate any comments. Thanks.

For the lions, make the facemask blue. No reason to go grey here.

For the Vikings, I'd use the current pants stripe. Yours doesn't really fit with the sleeves.

For the Packers, the 5-stripe sleeves would not look good on today's uniform cuts, so the 3-stripe pattern would be a better choice.

spacer.png

As far as the Lions go, I think I'm going to keep the grey mask. Its a silver helmet and honestly I just like the look of the silver better. I'll look at the Vikings again and do something with the striping and I had the same thought about the Packers and I know they probably wouldnt fit in the real world or get cut off, but this is just a set of concepts on the computer and i prefer 5 stripes to 3 so i think that will stay the same. Thanks for following this series and letting me know what you think. I really do appreciate your opinion and input.

As far as the Lions go, I think I'm going to keep the grey mask. Its a silver helmet and honestly I just like the look of the silver better. I'll look at the Vikings again and do something with the striping and I had the same thought about the Packers and I know they probably wouldnt fit in the real world or get cut off, but this is just a set of concepts on the computer and i prefer 5 stripes to 3 so i think that will stay the same. Thanks for following this series and letting me know what you think. I really do appreciate your opinion and input.

No problem. Thanks for handling it well, too and not flipping out because I commented on your thread. A lot of people do that these days.

spacer.png

Bears: Fine. Like the socks.

Lions: Biggest upgrade. Honolulu blue and silver look great together. I still like the wider helmet stripes of the old days. I'd consider something different with the sleeve stripes. I am not fond of how wide the center stripe is.

Pack: Fine, but probably more stripes in the sleeveless era may not be the way to go.

Vikes: Definitely an improvement, but I still think the two number fonts would be a problem. The other thing you could have done is turn the facemask purple. I think you mistakenly did home uniform twice. I'd hope purple pants on the road.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived