How the NFL Would Look in My Perfect World: Updates

8BW14

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bay Packers

The packers have a very good look, but there are some small pieces that I just don't care for. I changed the striping pattern on the sleeves back to a five stripe pattern and I removed the collar stripes, which, in my opinion, makes for a cleaner looking uniform.

GreenBayhome_zpsd2525049.pngGreenBayaway_zps03f60af0.png

This is EXACTLY how they Packers home and road unis would look in my perfect world (though they'd also have a throwback based on the classic Lambeau unis). Getting rid of the superfluous striping on the collars really helps makes the sleeve stripes stand out, and 5 stripes >>> 3 stripes.

Pound for pound, this is one of the BEST Packers concepts that's ever been posted here!

Okay here are a couple updates to the NFC North.

Detroit

Detroithome_zpsd013da3e.pngDetroitaway_zps5d5f85c0.png

Minnesota

Minnesotahome_zpsb99e6cfe.pngMinnesotaaway_zpsec89cd6f.png

Hope these updates are upgrades. Thanks for the comments and I want to know what you think about these. Thanks again.

Oh my goodness does that Lions uniform look good now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFC North

Chicago Bears

The Chicago Bears have such a classy and well done uniform so, not a big change here for the Bears. The home uniform is exactly the same but i updated the road stripes to match the home.

Chicagohome_zpsbbfe1d9e.pngChicagoaway_zps7b2d0103.png

Detroit Lions

I absolutely love the Lions shade of blue and that being said, I think it looks good with the black accents, but it looks great without it so i dropped all of the black from the uniforms.

Detroithome_zpsccb4080d.pngDetroitaway_zpsaf67d516.png

Green Bay Packers

The packers have a very good look, but there are some small pieces that I just don't care for. I changed the striping pattern on the sleeves back to a five stripe pattern and I removed the collar stripes, which, in my opinion, makes for a cleaner looking uniform.

Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota was so close to perfection with their new uniform unveil. I have a couple small gripes, which were easy to change and make some improvements to. I was surprised that i actually liked the idea of the spikes on the numbers, but I don't think they were executed the way they should have been so I think i have fixed those.

Minnesotahome_zps8be97c66.pngMinnesotaaway_zps13f0e24a.png

This was a fun division to do and its one of my favorites so i would really appreciate any comments. Thanks.

I'd like to see purple pants for Vikes to have stripes similar to the white. I also think Vikes look better with grey facemask.

Keep up the good work, I have enjoyed keeping up with this thread.

Championship%20Banners.jpg.png

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons

I absolutely despise Atlanta's current uniforms. They are way too busy for my taste so I have gone with something much more simple but I think it has some flair that makes these uniforms unique.

Atlantahome_zps4d7dffd1.pngAtlantaaway_zps8b444668.png

Carolina Panthers

Carolina has some very well designed and tasteful uniforms, but for me they have become a bit stale, so went with a black helmet that i really like and a new font, which I am not totally sure about.

Carolinahome_zps818fe150.pngCarolinaaway_zps8f992437.png

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans has some uniforms that just look very bland and washed out. I absolutely love the original shade of gold that the Saints used so i used that and based the uniforms on those of the early days or the Saints.

NewOrleanshome_zpsacb1e315.pngNewOrleansaway_zps4f12b98e.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I love Tampa Bay's uniforms so i didn't really do much here. I added a helmet stripe which brings the pants and helmet together better, I think.

TampaBayhome_zps953bcc08.pngTampaBayaway_zpsb774b391.png

Please feel free to let me know what you think. I appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks.

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons

I absolutely despise Atlanta's current uniforms. They are way too busy for my taste so I have gone with something much more simple but I think it has some flair that makes these uniforms unique.

Atlantahome_zps4d7dffd1.pngAtlantaaway_zps8b444668.png

Carolina Panthers

Carolina has some very well designed and tasteful uniforms, but for me they have become a bit stale, so went with a black helmet that i really like and a new font, which I am not totally sure about.

Carolinahome_zps818fe150.pngCarolinaaway_zps8f992437.png

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans has some uniforms that just look very bland and washed out. I absolutely love the original shade of gold that the Saints used so i used that and based the uniforms on those of the early days or the Saints.

NewOrleanshome_zpsacb1e315.pngNewOrleansaway_zps4f12b98e.png

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I love Tampa Bay's uniforms so i didn't really do much here. I added a helmet stripe which brings the pants and helmet together better, I think.

TampaBayhome_zps953bcc08.pngTampaBayaway_zpsb774b391.png

Please feel free to let me know what you think. I appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks.

I really haven't liked the pants for Carolina, I always wished they had a normal stripe on their pants. I'd like to see a blue alt also.

Feather pants are awesome for Falcons! Do you think they will ever go back with a red helmet?

Solid design on the Saints.

I like the Bucs too. Something to be said for sticking with a uni that you won the Super Bowl in.

Great job all around.

I personally love the red helmet for Atlanta, but it just didn't look right with that uniform design. The black was actually a last minute change. If you wanna see red I can post the set with a red helmet too. I will look into some different pants for Carolina also. Thanks for the comments.

For the falcons I would go white socks for the road as there are no other red elements in the whole uniform an it looks out of place. The saints sleeve stripe needs to be as thick as the sick stripe for consistency

NFC North looks great!

NFC South is looking good, but I see three black primaries in one division. Not that it's the biggest deal, but the jerseys look a little repetitive when listed this way. I think each set looks great on its own at the moment, but I'd like to see a red alt. for the Falcons would look.

I think a blue alt. jersey for the Panthers would look great given your design and would round out the set nicely. I think the number font works well, also.

Alternates are coming as soon as I have the last of the teams up. I will start a new thread for those though. Thanks a lot taking a look at these and letting me know what you think.

NFC North

Green Bay Packers

In other words, undo everything they did in the 1980s and they'll be back to perfection.

I agree.

NFC North

Green Bay Packers

In other words, undo everything they did in the 1980s and they'll be back to perfection.

I agree.

Yeah pretty much. Glad you agree. Thanks for the comments.

Just a small update here to the South.

New Orleans Saints

Just eliminated the sock stripes to update the overall look

NewOrleanshome_zpsdf8f2ee5.pngNewOrleansaway_zps0486a86a.png

NFC East is coming soon

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys

This is my team so i knew exactly what i wanted to do with them. No more navy blue, only a very vivid royal blue that is very befitting of the Cowboys. I kept the green-silver pants for nostalgia's sake but I toned them down quite a bit. I know I'm very biased but this is my favorite concept.

Dallashome_zps80b2db3c.pngDallasaway_zpsae4ea377.png

New York Giants

The Giants have a classic look and I didn't want to stray far from their identity so I just replaced all the grey with white and added some blue to the away uniform.

NewYorkGiantshome_zps3a88eb5e.pngNewYorkGiantsaway_zps6c487a0a.png

Philadelphia Eagles

Okay i went out on limb here with the Eagles. The uniforms are slightly inspired by uniforms of the late 70's and early 80's. I'm not sure about these so any suggestions or c&c is very appreciated

Philadelphiahome_zps7d4391b4.pngPhiladelphiaaway_zpsd186e134.png

Washington Redskins

As much as i dislike the Redskins, I do have to admit that they have some pretty sharp uniforms, so I didn't tinker with them too much. I moved the stripes from the cuff to the shoulder and modified the pants stripes.

Washingtonhome_zpse1a3a5c7.pngWashingtonaway_zpse5e69914.png

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your input and c&c. Thanks a lot.

Cowboys- I see what you mean with the green-silver pants being part of tradition, however, I can't stand them. Give me the silver pants they wear with their navy tops.

Giants- I think the white pants are solid, but I'm not feeling the sleeve stripes on the white jersey. Remove them and it takes you back to 1986 for the most part.

Eagles- Not a fan of the shoulders coming to a point. Maybe something more along the lines of Indy. Maybe green-silver-green on white jersey and white-silver-white on the green jersey. I think green numbers would look better than silver too.

Redskins- I like what you've done there. Spot on!

Again, great job, I've enjoyed keeping up with it.

Archived