Dallas Burn Announce Name and Logo Change...

Brian in Boston

Major League Soccer's Dallas Burn have announced that the team will change its name and image (i.e. logo) to coincide with the franchise's move to a new 20,000-seat soccer-specific stadium at the suburban Frisco Soccer & Entertainment Center.

The team's owner, Hunt Sports Group, says that "the opportunity now exists to create a team name and identity that will be representative of the investor's vision for the team, the traditions of the sport, and the Hunt family legacy in soccer, which dates back to 1967."

Hmmm... "representative of the investor's vision for the team... and the Hunt family legacy in soccer, which dates back to 1967."

I'm guessing that the DALLAS TORNADO will be taking to the field for the 2005 MLS season and beyond.

Brian in Boston

Oh... it's true that they're changing the name. Lamar Hunt has wanted to since he took over operation of the franchise from the league. After this season, the "Burn" is gone (hey... that could be the tag line in a commercial for hemorrhoidal ointment).

It's my guess - based on the wording in the press release - that they're going to go with Dallas Tornado.

Brian in Boston

After this season, the "Burn" is gone (hey... that could be the tag line in a commercial for hemorrhoidal ointment).

Yes, but a terribly slow working one.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm all in favor of new logos and wholesale changes of ID, especially when the old didnt strike my fancy. I am a little afriad fo the Tornatos moniker. (sp?)

I have seen PLENTY of bad tornado logos.. and not one good one that i can think of right this second.

Anyone able to show me an example of a good one?

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

...and on a related note, the Colorado Rapids will announce that they are changing their name to the Caribous of Colorado, complete with the traditional Brown uniforms complete with Beige fringe...

...and on a related note, the Colorado Rapids will announce that they are changing their name to the Caribous of Colorado, complete with the traditional Brown uniforms complete with Beige fringe...

Wait, are you serious or joking?

I thought the plural of "caribou" was "caribou"?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

the dallas burn can't be the tornado... especially if they move to frisco. frisco is where the texas tornado play, at the starcenter up there.

i'm not sure what the name is, but if it's tornado, then i have a feeling the best junior hockey team in the country would get upset... and considering more people in texas follow our junior hockey team than follow the MLS team, i bet Modano's franchise would win...

either way, i'm excited about this. soccer is one of my favorite sports... but i resorted to following english soccer instead of american, because i couldn't stand the green and red of the dallas burn.... (plus, i decided i'd rather watch a league that matters :))

I was channel-surfing last weekend and stumbled upon the Revolution-Burn game. At least a few times I thought I heard Dallas referred to as the Inferno. Maybe that will be the new name?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

the dallas burn can't be the tornado... especially if they move to frisco. frisco is where the texas tornado play, at the starcenter up there.

i'm not sure what the name is, but if it's tornado, then i have a feeling the best junior hockey team in the country would get upset... and considering more people in texas follow our junior hockey team than follow the MLS team, i bet Modano's franchise would win...

either way, i'm excited about this. soccer is one of my favorite sports... but i resorted to following english soccer instead of american, because i couldn't stand the green and red of the dallas burn.... (plus, i decided i'd rather watch a league that matters :))

The Texas Tornado team must be very good. I remember they went to a tournament in the GTA and won the whole thing.

I saw, I came, I left.

the tornado are the best junior hockey team in the country, i believe... but of course, it is american and not canadian... so who knows how they'd stack up against the best canada's got to offer :)

the tornado have had a few draft picks go to the NHL, and have a few more set for this year or next.

david mckee is FROM dallas, and now plays for cornell... i've heard he's got some serious NHL potential... and al montoya could go top-10 this year.. he's known for his U of M days, but he did play a little junior hockey with the tornado, i believe.

also, the stars drafted a goon from the tornado, named matt nickerson.. i think he now owns NCAA records for PIMs :) and former stars dman, craig ludwig, had has twins play for the tornado for the last few years... one of the boys, trevor, is supposed to get drafted this year... ranked suprisingly high by the CSB... they also have another player listed by the CSB this year, that i don't remember... goulet? or something like that.

uhm.... soccer?

hello?

ΓΔΒ!

OK about the Dallas Burn. Sure the name may not be good, but Dallas is one of the original teams and the name "Burn" has stuck with me as being associated with the MLS team, so I think the Burn should stay.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived