Hawai'i Rainbow Rebrand

TShaw528

UH announced today they will be known as the Rainbow Warriors. I wanted to re-do their uniforms in a way that reflects that without being to garish.

So, first off, there are now 12 H logos that may be used. The 2nd one (Green w/ white triangles) is slightly different than their current one, as the triangles are spaced a little further apart. That was so on the colored ones, the triangles lined up, and all 12 Hs had uniform triangles. That, and MS Paint was being stupid.

pvUwLk9h.png

That's a lot of logos, but not all will be used often in this rebrand.

I plan to do several sports, but first up is football:

Notes: Those are TV numbers at the top, not stripes. Also, the three stripes on the pants are exactly the same width. If it looks like they're not at some points, it's probably the lighting in your house or something.

Home:

j9dwGZo.png

Alt:

IZyonnu.png

Road:

R6Ie0zV.png

Helmets/Undershirts:

The different H color variations appear on assorted helmets, each with a matching undershirt. For the sake of not buying hundreds of helmets, I imagine Hawaii could purchase stickers with the different logos and put them on the shells, since the first 4 helmets all use the same shell. The bottom right shell is the only one using the non-colored diamonds on the H.

jBpTq9R.png

Suggestions/complaints/comments are much appreciated.

I'm working on basketball next.

Any C&C?

Update 1:

-Made Facemask Green

-Made numbers white

-Increased size of triangle things on nnumbers

-Evened out sizes of leg stripes

-Changed path of leg stripes

Note: The leg stripes should fade into a smooth gradient, but there isn't a great way to do this on MS Paint, so it looks blocky.

Va3qrxc.png

"Roy G Biv". Nice. ^_^

The green "H" is probably the best and I like some of what you are doing with the pants. However, I think if they are going to work rainbows back into the uniforms, they may need to go away from the number font, and maybe even the "H"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the "H" logo should remain green with some accents of other colors. Good choice updating the numerals to white on the home jerseys. I like the idea of the gradient for the pants legs, however, it looks out of place when it isn't carried through anywhere else in the uniform. Lastly, what is the triangle on the front of the helmet? I'm assuming it's meant to be an arrowhead or spearhead...but it doesn't come across as that at all. I would lose the triangle and apply the gradient effect to the helmet stripe as well.

gYH2mW9.png

Not trying to thread-jack, but I think this is a rare case where a gradient might make sense. I know people are sharply divided on the issue of a gradient in a logo, but with Hawaii, you're trying to cram Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Black and maybe shades of White/Gray in there as well.

I say go Black & Gold (see: Purdue) as primary colors and emphasize the other shades as a gradient, maybe like one of those crazy HGI helmets or something.

I mocked this up in a few minutes.

hawaii_zps8de54e98.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not trying to thread-jack, but I think this is a rare case where a gradient might make sense. I know people are sharply divided on the issue of a gradient in a logo, but with Hawaii, you're trying to cram Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Black and maybe shades of White/Gray in there as well.

I say go Black & Gold (see: Purdue) as primary colors and emphasize the other shades as a gradient, maybe like one of those crazy HGI helmets or something.

I mocked this up in a few minutes.

hawaii_zps8de54e98.png

I see what you're saying, but I am trying to avoid using a lot of gradients, though I like the logo. I'm sticking to mostly green and black, with the Red, Blue, and Yellow almost always grouped together, in that order.

I'll have the next update to the uniforms up shortly.

Next Update:

I took your suggestions into consideration and came up with this. It's pretty similar, just with a few touch ups,

-Spear on helmet was removed

-Helmet stripes were thickened and made into a gradient

-Rotated Shoulder Numbers

-Added stripe on sleeve

-Made undershirt Green

-Removed rainbow on socks and made them green

I2tYGMn.png

C&C please! I'll update the other colored uniforms soon

I like the new helmet striping better. If Hawaii must go back to being the Rainbow Warriors, this would be one of the best possible looks. One complaint is that the shoes look straight out of some kindergarden class.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Here are all 3 sets, helmets, and an extra pair of pants:

SFwNwaR.png

1GWCmaW.pngJ2Ainub.png

Ks1NT4Y.png

Akdv64H.png

(The bottom left helmet and the extra pants are in case they don't want to go rainbow for a game or two)

th_Hawaii_zpsd225b93b.jpg

The latest helmet would look like this? (the logo isn't the same since I used vector graphics)

Yes, that's what I'm going for. Looks nice!

I am a hawaii fan and just letting you guys know that our colors are mainly green and white. not green, yellow, blue, orange, and red. our athletic director has said that the H will stay the same and our main colors are green and white. keep in mind that we do have a retro night during one of our home games. maybe start making throwback concepts on what you guys think those throwback unis should look like.

I am a hawaii fan and just letting you guys know that our colors are mainly green and white. not green, yellow, blue, orange, and red. our athletic director has said that the H will stay the same and our main colors are green and white. keep in mind that we do have a retro night during one of our home games. maybe start making throwback concepts on what you guys think those throwback unis should look like.

That's what makes a concepts forum so great. People can go away from the traditional or actual with their designs.

There really was no reason to post the same comment in multiple Hawai'i concept threads though.

gYH2mW9.png

For football, please get rid of the black. Black and rainbows don't go together. However the basketball uniforms are perfect, even the black ones. I really like what you did with the logo, though I do agree with pianoknight that a gradient would in fact make sense here.

Keep up the good work!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived