GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

Defenders are much improved, the logo went from a mess(sorry man) to pure streamlined perfection. more is less!

Your work is incredible. Great ideas, and very prolific too.

Thanks and no need to be sorry because it was a terrible mess. To be fair though, Illustrator was like trying to learn another language when I started the first Project 40. I just keep attacking it most every day to get better.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I suggest Des Moines or Columbus for beyond 2020? Or do you have plans, or are you not taking request. I'd like Toronto as well.

Here's the breakdown.

Phase One : Expansion - Complete

Phase Two : Future Consideration - Complete

Phase Three : Beyond 2020 - All existing "32" teams will get some modernization. Some drastic. Some subtle.

Phase Four: Re-evaluation Process. Possible inclusion of some Future Consideration Cities. Realignment is also possible.

Phase Five: Thanks to "darkpiranha"....2025 will see a Tier-based Minor League system. Already in the works.

Columbus will be in the Tier.

Beautiful work!! May I suggest a place for a minor league/expansion team?? Connecticut... it's the largest tv market without a pro team (at #30, New Orleans is in the 50's) and fans here would support a pro team like it's their job... just food for thought. Also Toronto is one of the largest cities in all of North America, maybe give them a team!!

Anyway really excited for the new tiers!!

Will Des Moines, though?

Possibly. I'm still working through the candidates right now.

Beautiful work!! May I suggest a place for a minor league/expansion team?? Connecticut... it's the largest tv market without a pro team (at #30, New Orleans is in the 50's) and fans here would support a pro team like it's their job... just food for thought. Also Toronto is one of the largest cities in all of North America, maybe give them a team!!

Anyway really excited for the new tiers!!

I'll answer this with a quote and a link to the quote.

Toronto for example has had poor attendance where NFL games are concerned. The market has the population to support a team, I'm just not sure that they are hungry for the NFL.

http://boards.sports...40#entry1954104

I guess save Toronto for the CFL. You didn't answer his question about Hartford, however.

Where was Hartford specifically mentioned? Are you in his head or what? :therock:

May I suggest a place for a minor league/expansion team?? Connecticut... it's the largest tv market without a pro team

Yes, Hartford will be in the Tier.

Is the second tier league going to be a developmental league or just another league like the AFL or CFL?

Phase Five: Thanks to "darkpiranha"....2025 will see a Tier-based Minor League system. Already in the works.

Is the second tier league going to be a developmental league or just another league like the AFL or CFL?

Ok, I think it would be awesome if each team should have a representative (40 teams)

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Guest darkpiranha

Well, in his defense, there are several minor leagues where the players on each team are provided by multiple teams. I think the NBA D League operates like this, and the NFL-Europe/WLAF did the same.

So are you thinking of making it two 20-team tiers? Or is each team going to have a minor league affiliation in each tier? 80 teams would surely be fun, and probably keep you busy the rest of the month, at least. But if it's a relegation/promotion type of system, then you run the risk of both of Houston's minor league affiliations being in the upper tier.

But you're the commissioner. We're leaving that headache up to you! I vote for 80 teams.

Well, in his defense, there are several minor leagues where the players on each team are provided by multiple teams. I think the NBA D League operates like this, and the NFL-Europe/WLAF did the same.

So are you thinking of making it two 20-team tiers? Or is each team going to have a minor league affiliation in each tier? 80 teams would surely be fun, and probably keep you busy the rest of the month, at least. But if it's a relegation/promotion type of system, then you run the risk of both of Houston's minor league affiliations being in the upper tier.

But you're the commissioner. We're leaving that headache up to you! I vote for 80 teams.

Promotion/relegation won't work in American leagues, once a team gets relegated it will lose half it's fanbase. But in this fantasy league im sure it would work

Guest darkpiranha

If the NFL ever truly implemented some lower leagues with promotion/relegation, it would become one of the biggest things in American sports. The reason why the Arena leagues have remained niche sports is that the public knows it's just a junk sport designed for people to have something to do, as opposed to a sport where the players/results will have an impact on the "real" big daddy league, the NFL. Even NFL-Europe, that had stronger ties to the NFL was a niche because it featured teams on another continent, playing in the off-season of the NFL. Hard to get excited about that (but I certainly TRIED to maintain an interest.) A true minor league that plays concurrently with the NFL would be amazing.

If the NFL ever truly implemented some lower leagues with promotion/relegation, it would become one of the biggest things in American sports. The reason why the Arena leagues have remained niche sports is that the public knows it's just a junk sport designed for people to have something to do, as opposed to a sport where the players/results will have an impact on the "real" big daddy league, the NFL. Even NFL-Europe, that had stronger ties to the NFL was a niche because it featured teams on another continent, playing in the off-season of the NFL. Hard to get excited about that (but I certainly TRIED to maintain an interest.) A true minor league that plays concurrently with the NFL would be amazing.

Yes but imagine a team like the Cowboys, Packers, Redskins, Steelers or Giants getting relegated. And in their place we will get the Iowa Crop Dusters, a minor league can work but IMO one with promotion/relegation cannot

Archived