GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Redline was one of those that sounded good and even felt good at first. I even considered changing it to Racers. Unfortunately I could never get it quite right. Sidewinders just made more sense and was real obvious once I stepped back from this concept for a while.

I will post the away sets next. After that is a redo of the San Antonio primary and wordmark.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not feelin this one GP. It looks too much like Carolina. Side Winders isn't that good of a name, something like Venom or rattlers would've been better IMO.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Not feelin this one GP. It looks too much like Carolina. Side Winders isn't that good of a name, something like Venom or rattlers would've been better IMO.

Not even close really. The blues are entirely different. A Sidewinder is a Rattlesnake and works much better than Rattlers.

4zwi.png

Guest darkpiranha

Not feeling Sidewinders yet. The wide-open mouth doesn't scale down well, and the overall shape just sort of becomes a vague triangular shape. The fangs also sort of get lost, even at normal size. The colors... they're okay. I see where the Carolina comparison comes from, even though it's a different blue, the overall brightness and contrast with the black feels kind of Carolina-ish. How did this look with the Redline colors? Or what about adding in that red as an accent color? At this point, you need to do another "league lineup" of all your designs, because I've lost track of where you stand with your color combos. Off the top of my head, I don't recall any that have the bright teal and brick red as a combo. While the Spirits and Sidewinders are both clearly different when looked at side by side with the Eagles and Panthers, I think it's just the overall similarities of blue/bright teal and green/dark teal with black that makes our minds' eye see them as similar. That said, I didn't think or see Eagles until people really started mentioning it, and it doesn't bother me now, but the first thing I thought of when I saw Sidewinders was Panthers.

Not feeling Sidewinders yet. The wide-open mouth doesn't scale down well, and the overall shape just sort of becomes a vague triangular shape. The fangs also sort of get lost, even at normal size. The colors... they're okay. I see where the Carolina comparison comes from, even though it's a different blue, the overall brightness and contrast with the black feels kind of Carolina-ish. How did this look with the Redline colors? Or what about adding in that red as an accent color? At this point, you need to do another "league lineup" of all your designs, because I've lost track of where you stand with your color combos. Off the top of my head, I don't recall any that have the bright teal and brick red as a combo. While the Spirits and Sidewinders are both clearly different when looked at side by side with the Eagles and Panthers, I think it's just the overall similarities of blue/bright teal and green/dark teal with black that makes our minds' eye see them as similar. That said, I didn't think or see Eagles until people really started mentioning it, and it doesn't bother me now, but the first thing I thought of when I saw Sidewinders was Panthers.

Red and black is REDLINE racing. The blues are more of a UTAH palette. I honestly don't see the Carolina comparison here. Contrast and black, maybe. Logo and uniform, not. The scaling down of the open mouth deal is interesting. It stands out pretty well on the helmet which is where it would be the most prominent anyway.

Either way, I'm pretty pleased with it. As always, appreciate the C&C.

I like the colors but the logo just doesn't work for me. If you are going to name the team Sidewinders the logo should emphasize the unique sidewinding movement of the snake, not the bite motion which is common to all venomous snakes. I would expect a logo of a snake in motion, maybe leaving the distinctive sidewinder track behind it.

I like the colors but the logo just doesn't work for me. If you are going to name the team Sidewinders the logo should emphasize the unique sidewinding movement of the snake, not the bite motion which is common to all venomous snakes. I would expect a logo of a snake in motion, maybe leaving the distinctive sidewinder track behind it.

Valid point, but that would be totally predictable wouldn't it? I mean you imagined it before you typed your thoughts.

Why be so literal in a logo presentation? That was my thought anyway.

Man, you certainly are prolific, GP...

Pounding out the Quantity and Quality!

I like 'em all, although being a little "old school", I'm liking the Guardians and Admirals a wee bit more.

..But they're all excellent.

Nice work!

Much Appreciated.

Guest darkpiranha

Great stuff. I like the Guardians overall the best, but I like the Bulls uniform most. Of these four at least. I'll re-rank once you have all your new ones in a lineup. Off the top of my head, I think the Hornets will shoot to the top. I think those were perfect right out of the box. #1 in every category. Spirits and Guardians probably tied for second. Aztecs and Kings probably next.

I want this league to exist right NOW!

Great stuff. I like the Guardians overall the best, but I like the Bulls uniform most. Of these four at least. I'll re-rank once you have all your new ones in a lineup. Off the top of my head, I think the Hornets will shoot to the top. I think those were perfect right out of the box. #1 in every category. Spirits and Guardians probably tied for second. Aztecs and Kings probably next.

I want this league to exist right NOW!

Thanks DP.

umoo.png

32dx.jpg

6ryd.jpg

If I'm ranking the future consideration concepts, the Bulls would have to be my favorite, I love the jerseys, and the logo just looks great

Absolutely amazing stuff. Really digging the sidewinders logo and unis! Now also, how do you do the helmet striping for those helmets? I also use Davidson's template but I can't make helmet striping worth a darn. Please assist with some advice.

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

Ranking them from biggest need of an update/rebrand to smallest:

1. Niuhi

2. Guardians

3. Bulls

4. Admirals

No, I don't think any of these teams need a re-do. Maybe the Niuhi, not a huge fan of them, but the other 3 look GREAT excellent work GP

Absolutely amazing stuff. Really digging the sidewinders logo and unis! Now also, how do you do the helmet striping for those helmets? I also use Davidson's template but I can't make helmet striping worth a darn. Please assist with some advice.

Thanks for the comments.

I use the pen tool in Photoshop exclusively to make stripes for helmets and pants. If you don't have Photoshop, I suggest Gimp. It's free and also has a descent pen tool.

Archived