GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

"There's a hole in the A, but it doesn't show the anchor on the other side, which clearly begins below the A and extends above it."

Yep. There was a method to the madness. Lol.

As I started working with it I just felt that the solid area didn't make sense. Outlining it only highlighted the solid hole in the A. Note to self, be careful not to reverse the order of words in that last sentence. :)

I decided not to treat it to literal. So I went more abstract with it. Punching the hole out of it let it breath a bit and solved a my helmet decal issue. It also made it more flexible to use in other ways.

Here are the variations side by side.

1fck.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never even noticed "the hole" until it was pointed out.

I don't think that it's a problem at all.

However... if you two-toned just the "A" portion and left the entire back anchor just dark red, with the dark red peekin' through hole?

...Maybe.

Whichever way you do it, it's a beautiful logo. ( Besides anchor and buoy, it also suggests "lighthouse". Wow. You've nailed "nautical"!)

Hey, it's also a lighthouse, and the light's "ON" (the white triangle in the "A").

I also really like the roped stripes and shoulder treatment on the unis, and you just can't beat dark navy and bright red.

I prefer the white pants over the red. It looks more "NAVY".

So, so, sooo good! One of the better concepts I've ever seen on the boards. I normally don't like when logos are highly detailed/illustrated, but this one works great. I think the symmetry is what does the trick. The round logo works perfectly on the helmets. Can't wait to see what you've done with the unis.

If this were a real NFL franchise, the Cowboys would get a run for their money for my favorite team!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

So, so, sooo good! One of the better concepts I've ever seen on the boards. I normally don't like when logos are highly detailed/illustrated, but this one works great. I think the symmetry is what does the trick. The round logo works perfectly on the helmets. Can't wait to see what you've done with the unis.

If this were a real NFL franchise, the Cowboys would get a run for their money for my favorite team!

Thanks Julius. I really appreciate that.

Love that number font and logo. Very well done. Have really enjoyed this series, best thing going on this board for awhile. Be interested to see a remake of all existing teams once you complete the expansion phase.

Thanks and that is my plan for one of the next phases to this project. I want to revisit a few of the original group first. San Antonio and Salt Lake to be exact. I want to make those a little stronger.

Once that is complete, I will have a fresh template to do existing teams.

Archived