GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think by 2025, the NFL will be going to multiple tiers with relegation and promotion. (why's everyone laughing at me? You don't think it will happen?) Okay, maybe not, but I'd love to see you give us either a minor league or extra tiers.

This adds a whole new phase to this project. I like it. Perfect way to pull in TV Markets from 50-100 etc.

The wheels are already spinning and so is the hamster on that wheel.

San Diego could Bolt to Los Angeles.

Pun intended?

Cheesy, but yes.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

I like the second league idea, maybe name it the NFL Spring League, but only as long as their is a team in the state of Virginia, we are the largest state without any pro sport teams!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Guest darkpiranha

Here's the name for the second tier: The NextFL

"Who's got next? WE do."

And here's the third tier:

Future Football Federation

also known as The Triple F. Or just "Trips" for short.

(I was just jokingly tossing out names I didn't think you'd use as I know you'll come up with great ones yourself, but the more I read these names, the more I like them!)

I like the second league idea, maybe name it the NFL Spring League, but only as long as their is a team in the state of Virginia, we are the largest state without any pro sport teams!

Virginia will have a team. Bank on it.

Here's the name for the second tier: The NextFL

"Who's got next? WE do."

And here's the third tier:

Future Football Federation

also known as The Triple F. Or just "Trips" for short.

(I was just jokingly tossing out names I didn't think you'd use as I know you'll come up with great ones yourself, but the more I read these names, the more I like them!)

You crack me up DP. That's funny stuff. The Three F's...

San Antonio...has been a pain in my rear. I started out wanting an identity that would represent those who fought and died at the Alamo so "the Defenders" became the focus. Moving forward, I wanted to honor the large military population as well, then "the Squadron" was born. I went back and forth with this one from conception to the various software programs, etc. Nothing grabbed me. I give props to nas1787 for continually telling me it sucked in a nice way.

:) Just kidding nas. It did push me keep working it though.

I swore that I would never post my sketches here, because quite frankly, I suck at drawing. Sketching, I can do. Here is the progression of San Antonio.

divider2018.jpg

rzgw.jpg

4ud2.jpg

72m6.jpg

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, GP.

The "yellow bolt logo" is a pretty nice one that looks great on the helmet.

The only part of that logo that isn't quite right is the eagle head part.

Maybe it needs to be a little more eagle-like with a more extended beak, and a bigger eye.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, GP.

The "yellow bolt logo" is a pretty nice one that looks great on the helmet.

The only part of that logo that isn't quite right is the eagle head part.

Maybe it needs to be a little more eagle-like with a more extended beak, and a bigger eye.

Yeah, I'm caught in between abstract and realism. Lol. :)

I agree on the yellow bolt. I like it.

My initial thought on this was for it to "not" be a bird. But I keep ending up with a bird.

Go figure.

As you can tell, I'm trying to get more in the pilot realm. That was the reasoning for my change of the bird beak to more of a mask. Maybe it's the yellow that is making it seem beak-like?

Working it.

Guest darkpiranha

Gold mask. It really makes it pop. I love the eagle with pilot visor. It looks... unusual, but it looks 100% unique and instantly identifiable as both bird and pilot-related.

Guest darkpiranha

I still think a grey/steel helmet would really make the logo stand out (in fact, I think suggesting a grey helmet was the first time I ever commented on one of your designs all those months ago. We've come full circle. My work here is complete.)

The grey helmet would tie back into the feel of a military vehicle. Maybe even add a rivet or two on the edges somewhere.

Guest darkpiranha

Even darker grey. Almost like your first helmet shown above. But slightly less slate grey/blue in it. I think the logo like it is now is probably my favorite of all the ones you've done (all the teams, not just this one team). It's got a lot of cool stuff going on, plus it's the most fascinating to see the progression of it. I know what you've been struggling to evoke with this logo, and I think this one nails it.

I find it interesting how you choose frankfurt for your "future consideration" instead of Berlin, Berlin is much larger, is the German capital, and is a more well known world city than Berlin is. The only thing Frankfurt has going for it is the fact that the European American Football headquarters is there, also it would be cool if you did a complete redo of the other NFL Europe teams cause you seem to have re-done all the others (Scotland, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt) You could do Hamburg, Barcelona, Cologne and Berin

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived