The new MICHIGAN BASEBALL LEAGUE

maizeblue13

Hello everyone, you may remember me from my old, failed Michigan Baseball League concept. I am back now and I have changed the format of the league a bit. The league is now more like a college league, with conferences and near 100 teams. Almost every significant city will be in this league. I will post team uniforms here as much as I can, first concepts will be posted tonight.

Here is the league's logo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/84725190@N06/8624716669/

And here is a map showing the regions for the conferences - http://www.flickr.com/photos/84725190@N06/8808520886/

Request cities that you want me to post their teams first if you want.

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Yellow socks on the alternate don't work, but I like the the look as a whole.

I like the look overall as well, but I agree. Actually, I'm not sure it's the socks, per se, but yellow shoes, socks, and sleeves do not work. It makes him look like he's wearing a yellow suit underneath the jersey.

The custom with sleeves is to either match the jersey color or wear dark (black/blue) under light (white/gray/yellow). If I'm not mistaken, a lot of leagues frown on teams wearing white/gray sleeves because it's a distraction for hitters if the pitcher is wearing white or gray. I don't think yellow has that problem, but it still doesn't look right to me.

I think if you went with navy sleeves and white/gray/navy shoes, the yellow socks might work. Or yellow sleeves and navy socks and shoes. All three being bright yellow is overkill.

Also: Ypsilanti.

I'm not really seeing any creativity in these. Take some more time on each concept rather than pumping them out rapid fire.

The blues on the Blue Jays don't match. The logos and wordmark have a different shade than the hats, socks, and sleeves. The wordmark and hat logo are uninspiring. Same could be said for Northville. The orange on the uniforms doesn't match the yellow on the hats.

I'm not really seeing any creativity in these. Take some more time on each concept rather than pumping them out rapid fire.

The blues on the Blue Jays don't match. The logos and wordmark have a different shade than the hats, socks, and sleeves. The wordmark and hat logo are uninspiring. Same could be said for Northville. The orange on the uniforms doesn't match the yellow on the hats.

your using yellow on Northville's hats and orange on the jersey. slow down and take your time, and these could be great

That N on Northvilles hat is supposed to be orange, I have no idea why it turned out yellow. I'll try to fix it

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

SOUTH FARMINGTON BLUES

http://www.flickr.co...N06/8803367715/

Please leave C & C

NOTE - I understand that you guys think that I am pushing these out too fast but I already had the first 2 done prior so I'm not like making these all in 1 day. I look over these before posting to make sure it properly represents the way I want the teams to look. C & C is always appreciated and I will take into consideration everything that you say about my team concepts.

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Why don't you do some research and make the team name mean something. For example, St. John's has a mint festival. They should be the St. John's Mints. Ypsilanti is known for the Willow Run bomber plant in WWII. You should pick a name like the Arsenal (of Democracy) or B24s, the name of the plane or even Bombers. Blue Jays?

Also, you have 7 regions. How is that going to work?

Suggestions - Mackinac Island Fudgies, Traverse City Cherry Pits, Bay City Tall SHips, Marquette Superiors, Monroe Custers or Generals.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Why don't you do some research and make the team name mean something. For example, St. John's has a mint festival. They should be the St. John's Mints. Ypsilanti is known for the Willow Run bomber plant in WWII. You should pick a name like the Arsenal (of Democracy) or B24s, the name of the plane or even Bombers. Blue Jays?

Also, you have 7 regions. How is that going to work?

Suggestions - Mackinac Island Fudgies, Traverse City Cherry Pits, Bay City Tall SHips, Marquette Superiors, Monroe Custers or Generals.

I like the idea of the Ypsilanti Arsenal. I may change it to that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

The main problem I have with these is the colouring on the shoes (cleats? I'm not sure what you call them in baseball). In all of the examples so far they are simply filled in with the same colour as the socks, which really takes away from the realistic look of the template. If you check out the WBC thread that's ongoing right now, you'll notice the shoes are coloured much more realistically, and it really helps with the overall feel of the concepts.

The main problem I have with these is the colouring on the shoes (cleats? I'm not sure what you call them in baseball). In all of the examples so far they are simply filled in with the same colour as the socks, which really takes away from the realistic look of the template. If you check out the WBC thread that's ongoing right now, you'll notice the shoes are coloured much more realistically, and it really helps with the overall feel of the concepts.

Problem is that I'm a bit new with Photoshop and the template I downloaded had the socks and shoes in the same layer so I dont know how to seperate them. I dont think its too big an issue though...

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Archived